X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dahows
    replied
    Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
    That's some quality work on the swap. It's all in the small details that makes the difference.
    Is the color Polaris Silver..?
    Sorry, I haven't visited this thread for a while; it is sapphire blue metallic.

Time to get moving on this again...some recent minor updates

I forgot to move the coolant sensor to the driver side previously so I relocated the necessary wiring. I still have a long list of items to button up before she goes in for exhaust work.

Leave a comment:

• Stapes
    replied
    Awsome work you did. Pretty inspiring too.

Leave a comment:

• Good & Tight
    replied
    That's some quality work on the swap. It's all in the small details that makes the difference.
    Is the color Polaris Silver..?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    That wagon has a S54 in it BTW...

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    yea that is a nice wagon you got a picture of. your car is looking amazing as well. great work so far! There is something about a super clean undercarriage and suspension that makes me all excited.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Ugh I'm so bummed I couldn't make it to anything in Monterey this year, it's a fucking tragedy

Leave a comment:

• dahows
    replied
    84 euro gray market rebirth

Hit legends today. Not many E30s but the ones that were there were stunners. 2 m3 verts, a couple evos.

Lots of cars, more than I could make it to see:

4 m2s

45+ coupes

And a nice wagon...
    Last edited by dahows; 08-20-2016, 07:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dahows
    replied
    This dude showed up with this sweet '02

Some interesting bracing going on. Not sure if you can see it but the valve cover is connected to the strut bar by way of a transmission mount.

Leave a comment:

• dahows
    replied
    Hanging out with the coupe crowd ahead of legends.

Leave a comment:

• dahows
    replied
    Originally posted by Javier h View Post
    most of these oem Mt1 kits are pretty rough. What exactly did you use to weld these pieces together. Oh, I will leave it up to the professionals but am just curious what it takes. Your work looks impeccable.
    Thanks man. I used Lord Fuser products...extreme bumper repair with some of their prep products and reinforcing mesh. I probably should have had it plastic welded but I wanted to try and repair it myself. I think it turned out pretty well, the paint is excellent and a prefect match as far as I can tell under shop lights.

I'm leaving for pebble beach tomorrow, riding along with a couple buddies and hitting Legends, Laguna Seca, and we got on as class hosts at the Pebble Beach Concours. Unfortunately I can't stick around for Oktoberfest...could only get a week off at the new job.

Leave a comment:

• Javier h
    replied
    I have to ask

most of these oem Mt1 kits are pretty rough. What exactly did you use to weld these pieces together. Oh, I will leave it up to the professionals but am just curious what it takes. Your work looks impeccable.

Leave a comment:

• dahows
    replied
    I removed the sheet metal shifter from the car in preparation for the new shifter.

I had a UUC shifter with the old setup and loved it, I picked up the evo3 from UUC with the DSSR.

Transmission prepped with new seal, guide tube, fork lever, ball pin & throwout bearing.

I picked up the UUC lightweight flywheel and e34 m5 clutch from another member here. This was from a scratch and dent sale or something and didn't receive the signature blue anodized coating. Shown here with my getto flywheel lock.

With the clutch installed

And the transmission mounted

The headers are ebay headers that have been ceramic coated.

My wife helping me get the lump in the car.

Finally in place.

Pretty much where it sits today, I was hoping to have this ready to take to Monterey but just had too many delays.

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    David! We need updates!!!

Leave a comment:

• kts
    replied
    Wow looks great, can't wait to see those on the car.

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    Coming together quite nice!

I need to start hoarding mtech 1 stuff asap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X