• Show
Clear All

Hole E. Shit
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      you scooped a dinan turbo e28 m5 with a perfect interior.

you sick fuck.

my thoughts 1000%. so jealous!

can't wait to see what's next. personally i like the green and would keep it.

Comment

Oh Lord Baby Jesus. I hope one of these stories is mine o e day.

I LOVE Dinan cars. That is definitely Dinan, signature orange fittings. Pictures of gauge (s)? Is it rotated?

Getting a hold of Steve is super tough. Been trying for a while. He stayed at Ganassi racing a short time. I wish je could be more involved in the preservation of these older cars. Unless you have paperwork, there likely wont be a thing to fall back on. Even my E34, they had no record of. This early in the game, I am not sure how big or of at all Dinan was allowing other shops to do the work or if this really was done in Morgan Hill, CA.

Awesome. I want an older Dinan car to drive and love.
        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

So explain that system a bit to a noob...

Does it have a sealed plenum box that's then clamped onto, and blows through, the ITBs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	7191021

Does anyone have any old road test reports or data from when it was new? Don't know if that would help you or not.

Comment

What a find! I'm loving the paint!!

My boss has the the same Dinan Turbo setup in his E28 M5. He actually put it together when the car was new. PM me if you have any questions you'd like me to run by him. I'm sure he'd be happy to help!
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              you scooped a dinan turbo e28 m5 with a perfect interior.

you sick fuck.
              My thoughts exactly!

My head is still spinning at how it ended up in your hands and isn't hacked apart.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Congratulations, so jealous!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Lets hope its just a blown head gasket too and not in need of valves or a new head

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'm excited to see what you do with this Austin!

Comment

Nice find! Looking forward to seeing it restored

Comment

I'd *gasp* pull the turbo parts off and get it back a bit closer to OEM+
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Thanks guys! I will be sure to keep you all updated along the way with what happens. Very excited to start digging into it, but this will suck up all my money for a while.

Unfortunately, this came at a pretty inopportune time for me, as I'm balls deep on my M-Tech cabrio, which was supposed to be a fairly "simple respray", and it has quickly turned into a minor restoration...so, short of getting this car running and drivable, the cabrio absolutely needs to get finished up first :(

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                          What a find! I'm loving the paint!!

My boss has the the same Dinan Turbo setup in his E28 M5. He actually put it together when the car was new. PM me if you have any questions you'd like me to run by him. I'm sure he'd be happy to help!
                          Paolo, I think your boss and I will be new best buddies. It would be great to have someone with a perfectly stock setup that I could take notes from. Thanks for the information!

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          Lets hope its just a blown head gasket too and not in need of valves or a new head
                          Did you read the story? Does not have a blown head gasket, after being inspected by a shop in 2010. Needs the engine harness replaced and a new DME or a standalone unit installed.

Of course, it's all hearsay until I actually get it running, though I doubt it, based on the reports of the shop owner, who's opinion I know and trust.

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                          I'd *gasp* pull the turbo parts off and get it back a bit closer to OEM+
                          Honestly, you read my mind. I think it would be fun as shit to go drive a few times, but I would rather the S38 in pure, NA form. The way the Dinan setups were, was a high compression, low boost setup. Sounds a bit like a recipe for disaster to me, but I'm always open for an adventure :)
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I must have skipped that part. I started reading thread and then got busy and came back to it

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              Unfortunately, this came at a pretty inopportune time for me,
                              Just park it in a "cool dry place" for now. No hurry. It's safe and you have the title. We can wait.

Comment

Yup. Let me know if you need some pictures. The car is in storage around the corner from the shop. I should be able to help where I can!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X