No announcement yet.

An Emerald in the Rough - 12/1986 Dinan M5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear, post more pictures please. The BOV you have is the TurboXS Type H 'RFL' which stands for 'real f*#%in' loud' with the little horn. I am running the TurboXS Type H (no horn and multiple outlet ports) and it makes good noise without being too loud. Here is a picture of mine. Hard to find the style these days, but it gives a nice whoosh noise without being too loud.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I'll have to stop by and see this beauty.

I showed up late to 5er and only glimpsed you cheesing hard, but leaving. Great find man.
      Derek-

Comment

When are you going to tear into it and document? I cannot believe you found that. Unreal.

Comment

I thought I read in here that you were looking for some covers for your M-systems.

^not mine. Just saw it a few threads down.
          sigpic

Comment

Shitty pictures are shitty. Really only making this post to have some documentation for myself of where we were at the beginning. Interior is overall very nice, save for one crack in the dashboard, though it is pretty dirty at the moment. Need to figure out something for the crank case breather and then start trying to tidy up the engine bay.

'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

So very nice!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Needs better wheels and the proper M5 spoiler , and that green would look fantastic .

So cool you were able to get it running with not a lot of work. I'm super jealous .
                1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Subscribed.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Wow, awesome find. I say leave it turbo. An S38 turbo setup would be an amazing thing to drive. Perhaps not the most fuel efficient one, but hard to say.

Again, awesome find.

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Haven't had time to do much with it lately. Changed the wheels out for something that doesn't suck ass. I wasn't 100% sold on the color initially, but it isn't a terrible combination. Next up will be dealing with the welded up spoiler holes so I can install my nice E28 trunk spoiler.

Taking it to a show next weekend, but I think that will probably be the last drive of the year for this thing. Going to tackle the timing chain guides before I drive it a whole lot more. I'm not necessarily a daring man anymore.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                        Wow, awesome find. I say leave it turbo. An S38 turbo setup would be an amazing thing to drive. Perhaps not the most fuel efficient one, but hard to say.

Again, awesome find.

Will
                        LOL, definitely not the most fuel efficient thing around, unfortunately. Sure is fun rolling up on people, cracking the throttle and letting the blow off valve go off. They certainly never expect it to be the shitty looking green BMW next to them... :)

Comment

Amazing car! I actually like the color, have fun with it
                          Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

I like the color. If it were mine, I'd keep it.

Comment

Amazing find! I'd keep the turbo on that s38 and I'm not that into turbo cars but having a Dinan turbo kit is pretty damn cool.

Comment

any updates? I know you've been working on the mtech vert
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X