X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oekundar
    replied
    Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
    My hope is that someone sees something that gives them an idea for how to do their build even if it isn’t the same. I had resigned myself to shelling out a bunch of time and money to build a full custom header until I saw someone else build a J pipe (up pipe) to relocate their turbo and I was like, “duhhhhh”, so now I’m taking that route. Sometimes I worry that my posts are too granular, but I figure people can just skip over if they want.

Disagree, this is one of my favorite threads ever due to the pace at which you work and the detail you put in your write ups!

I wish I could sleep at 9pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    Your documentation is great - it's not often you get to see how fabrication is done at this level.

My hope is that someone sees something that gives them an idea for how to do their build even if it isn’t the same. I had resigned myself to shelling out a bunch of time and money to build a full custom header until I saw someone else build a J pipe (up pipe) to relocate their turbo and I was like, “duhhhhh”, so now I’m taking that route. Sometimes I worry that my posts are too granular, but I figure people can just skip over if they want.

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar View Post
    I’m just trying to figure out how you do all this in your spare time, deal with the family and still consume food and drink lol🤷🏿waffles♂️
    Looking at Adam's response... healthy life, dedication and zero procrastination!

I'd love to be a lark (ie. morning person) myself, but unfortunately I've always been a night owl. I often suffer from insomnia depending on what's going on in life - many people ask how I get done what I do with my work, but the answer is much less healthy... I don't sleep much.

Great work here Adam, your progress is amazing. For many of us, just fitting the 5 pot would be a project that takes a couple of years! Your documentation is great - it's not often you get to see how fabrication is done at this level.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Last fixture for the weekend. This will make it so I can build the upper plenum at work and be sure it’ll clear parts in the car.

The crossmember with the pan rail fixture

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by oekundar View Post
    I’m just trying to figure out how you do all this in your spare time, deal with the family and still consume food and drink lol[emoji1740]waffles[emoji3603]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an early riser. During the work week I get to work 2-3 hours early and do my stuff. Then eat my lunch while I do some work. Sometimes I work on something after work, but that’s “usually” family time (ballet shuttle, dinner duties, fix the towel rack, etc). I’m usually in bed by 9:00ish. Weekends are coffee in bed watching TV shows until it’s late enough the neighbors won’t be pissed (11:00 or so). I’m in charge of the youngest’s nap times and cooking dinner on the weekends, so I usually breakdown around 4:00. Plus, this time of year is Seahawks season, so I’m offline for three hours or more on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X