No announcement yet.

Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, that's a shit load of power, which is awesome.

Secondly, I've always considered modifications a loss during an accident, I'm interested I'm seeing how your reimbursement efforts go.

Thirdly, thoughts on the Michelin P4S?
    I do things.

Comment

In the world I come from, Jeeps. Most buy the vehicle back and either turn it into a buggy or part out the vehicle to recoup the loss.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Eagerly awaiting F10 offroad buggy project.
        Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

I'd be surprised if insurance gives you any more for the vehicle.
          It has prior accident history, which was how you picked it up... so thats 2 "totals" on it's record... regardless of what you invested in it, the modifications are a Zero Sum factor for insurance unless you have a rider policy or stated value.
          In the eyes of the insurance company, it's a 2 time total F10 535i worth less than market value of a non-accident history F10.

Unless I'm missing something here...
          Below the radar...

Comment

Chris its not that I don't hear where you're coming from, but its the fact that I've been wronged and suffered a significant financial loss due 100% to negligence of an unlicensed teen on his learners permit not allowed to be driving alone, driving alone, while fucking texting as he ran a redlight for-christ-sakes.... that has me geared up to fight for more.

That, and one of my regular clients works in the litigation department of said insurance company and although cannot offer any direct assistance being a conflict of interest they have encouraged, directed me to proceed as I am because they are confident I not only deserve more than I was disbursed, but will get it if I go through the motions of asking in the only manner insurance companies understand.

The fact that the car has been previously written off and impeccably repaired did not play into the adjusters valuation what so ever, she was aware of it and said its not a factor taken into consideration unless its obvious the vehicle was slapped together and gimped down the road. That may vary one insurance company to the next but what I was told. She also advised me to push for additional valuation for the aftermarket accessories but she couldn't provide anything further herself. This would have been much different if the other parties insurance wasn't inadequate to cover the loss as they would have legally needed to settle with me on the accessories. What it boils down to is I get fucked because I have to use my own insurance, same company or not, because they only have minimum state liability coverage.

Dave the F10 chassis went to the salvage yard after I took everything I could realistically sell off of it. No buggy projects lol.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Any progress on the M42 stroker?
              My Feedback

Comment

Nah, I'm not planning on dropping the engine stuff off until the chassis is finished through paint and home in my garage for final assembly. I'll have enough to do at that point waiting on the engine won't be a bother, and I have to dedicate funding to the paint & body first. I wish I had the capital to fund multiple progress lines in parallel but alas... I do not.

Another M5 pic, at her second home lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                  Dave the F10 chassis went to the salvage yard after I took everything I could realistically sell off of it. No buggy projects lol.

aww man lol
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

and lastly the vapor blasted cam trays, immaculate in every way.

Did they really media blast the lifter bores and cam journals or is that an illusion?
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                      aww man lol
                      My thoughts exactly.
                      Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        Did they really media blast the lifter bores and cam journals or is that an illusion?
                        Vapor blasting is not the same as media blasting. I believe it does no damage to bores like this.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                          Vapor blasting is not the same as media blasting. I believe it does no damage to bores like this.

It is wet media blasting from what i understand, the surfaces certainly don't look machined any more in the pictures which means it has altered the surface.

Would a vapor blasted cylinder bore be ok?
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

100% OK to vapor hone bearing surfaces on aluminum, this was verified by the the manufacturer and the cycle shop that has done so on a number of engines over the last several years with no reported problems. The surface is smooth and clean ready to accept the cam.

Comment

Interesting, I was doing a little reading on the process. People use it for all sorts of things. Seems to just leave that type of finish without distorting the surface.
                              I do things.

Comment

My understanding is it is more like honing than typical media blasting. The water makes the media move across/over the surface, not directly into the surface, so a much finer finish with less material removal is achieved.

Comment

Working...
                                X