No announcement yet.

Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a week night and that I already put in 10+ hours at work not a lot to show this evening, most week nights moving forward will likely be the same with only minor things getting done.

Parallel flow AC condenser installed along with aux cooling fan.

Inlet and outlet hoses installed to the condenser.

Having heard he like many cats has fans on the internet he came by to check on progress.

Header panel and a-pillar trim covers came back from upholstery. Had them redone in a OE style vinyl that is a deep rich black rather than the medium gray the originals were.

New kidney grills installed.

New headlamp grills and new Hella ECE headlamps installed.

Another view of the condenser, now with headlamps.

Second Skin Damplifier Pro applied to the open expanse of roof skin to make it acoustically dead. The original factory jute which was carefully removed from the slick top skin prior to retrofitting will be glued over this.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

^that is the only reason I want to remove the headliner in my car. Its just a big drum skin and I know it'd be so much quieter with some modern sound deadener on it. Just...dont wanna remove my headliner...

Beautiful work as always. Cute cat too
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Beautiful reupholstery
        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

I checked the original pictures of the car and it had a sunroof, has this been deleted? If so is there a section of this thread that details this? I'd like to see what is involved for my own 318is.

Thanks keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
            I checked the original pictures of the car and it had a sunroof, has this been deleted? If so is there a section of this thread that details this? I'd like to see what is involved for my own 318is.

Thanks keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Check Page 3 and 4.

Comment

Jordan, on a build of this caliber, how do you keep track of which nuts and bolts go where? I know it most likely is just from working on them for long as I can look at some bolts and know exactly where they go, but when the car is completely dismantled, how are you keeping track of everything?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Could you give me the contact of who reupholstered the pillars and header panel please?

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
                  Jordan, on a build of this caliber, how do you keep track of which nuts and bolts go where? I know it most likely is just from working on them for long as I can look at some bolts and know exactly where they go, but when the car is completely dismantled, how are you keeping track of everything?
                  A big part of it is just experience, having had so many of these cars blown apart I can look at most any hardware and know right where it goes. When in doubt I reference the ETK which gives you specs on most hardware that you can then compare against what you have in hand.

Originally posted by ClassicE30 View Post
                  Could you give me the contact of who reupholstered the pillars and header panel please?
                  He is a guy here in Houston, he doesn't work on individuals components. Business to business upholstery only.

Comment

What did you use to paint the condenser?
                    I got the same one and wanted to paint it as well but not sure what to use for the alum.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                      What did you use to paint the condenser?
                      I got the same one and wanted to paint it as well but not sure what to use for the alum.
                      SEM Trim Black Ultra Satin 49143.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        He is a guy here in Houston, he doesn't work on individuals components. Business to business upholstery only.
                        Would you facilitate? Of course I’d pay for reupholster and compensate you as well. If not I understand. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicE30 View Post
                          Would you facilitate? Of course I’d pay for reupholster and compensate you as well. If not I understand. Thanks.
                          I'll talk to him and see what he thinks, but my initial feeling is a solid no. Sorry. I've got my hands full enough between this project and all of Jon's never ending shit.

This evening I reassembled the windshield wiper linkage. The frames powdercoat was flaking off and the metal under was rusting. The frame was blasted and adorned in new powdercoat. The linkage rods were all striped and plated in yellow zinc chromate. The motor itself was blown apart, cleaned and regreased.

Getting it installed into the cowl without scratching the paint on the car is a little tricky, but once you get it oriented just right coupled with the right twisting motion is slides right in without touching anything.

New grill installed on the near side.

New cap thingy on the center post.

Fully rebuilt IHKS slides right in and bolts into place easy as pie.

Comment

I just finished rebuilding my IHKS unit as well, hopefully it will be easier to put it in than it was to take it out. Beautiful work as always.

Comment

Did you have any troubles getting your door seals in place? Im gonna be on my second or third warrantied set because they are too small and wont stretch properly the top corner by the B pillar is never fully seated if the bottom corner by the foot well is down all the way.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                Did you have any troubles getting your door seals in place? Im gonna be on my second or third warrantied set because they are too small and wont stretch properly the top corner by the B pillar is never fully seated if the bottom corner by the foot well is down all the way.
                                You know my drivers side is perfect, the passenger side does have this issue. It doesn't fit tight tight yet because of no headliner, bpillar trim, visor panel etc yet so I figured I would tackle it then. On Imola I had this issue as well and I just took it out, stood on it and then stretched it a bit. Fit fine after. I suspect, hope I can do the same with this one. Also helps if you warm it up in the oven a bit before install to make it more flexible. It is in the 30's and 40's in Houston right now so everything is stiff.

Harnesses also become putty in your hands to feed through the firewall after 15 minutes at 150 in the oven in a cardboard box let me tell ya....

Comment

Working...
                                X