No announcement yet.

Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pistons this week from JE, whats new.... I should have ordered from CP like I did last time....

Making best use of my time with the physical engine build on a parts hold.

I ran all 8 fuel injectors I had in the ultrasonic cleaner at work for several hours and set the four with the best looking spray patterns aside to use. Along with cleaning the varish and deposits from the solenoid injection valves it also removes any loose paint and super cleans the stainless and plastic bodies. I ordered rebuild kits from The Injector Shop (off Amazon) and put them back together with new filters, orings and pintle caps after painting the bodies satin black again.

and mounted to the refinished fuel rail assembly.

Also spent several hours pressure washing and then meticulously detailing each connector and length of wire loom on the engine harness

Last item for today would be the bench build of the "mess under the intake" which really isn't a mess IMO, its misunderstood for being a PITA in the car. All new hoses of course.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

A small bit more progress today (really small)

Injectors with rail installed onto lower intake manifold and hard lines routed with oetiker clamps for a nice clean appearance.

Comment

Tough crowd around here lately lol....

Another week with no pistons from JE, I'm trying not to sit on my hands but all of the little odd ball shit that is left over is running out...

I laced the new timing chain in there with everything else new.

I vapor honed the camshaft castings and them polished the journals and lobes.

Another batch of odds and ends I'd forgot to get plated came back, including all of the door lock linkage rods. I had a difficult time remebering what went how and even harder time finding a clear photo... so once I figured it out I took this picture for records...

I spent an hour or so carefully making a template for the door vapor barrier, the clear vinyl film is still available new from the dealer but it comes in a big ass roll... easily enough for 4 doors or more. Once I was satisifed with the template I transfer it to the barrier film and cut two opposite sheets out.

The film is very clear and hard to capture in pictures. Bright LED light used to catch the texture.

Comment

Nice work on the vapor barrier. I always wondered how it was supposed to look when new.

Hows the interior progressing?

Comment

Updated timing case. Nice!

Comment

Did the vapor barriers a few months ago with the OEM material, tougher than it seems to get it to lay down nice and flat without wrinkles even when cutting the template out perfectly. Nice job, came out great. Also super jealous of how all your re-plated items come out looking, wish I knew of a reputable shop around my area that could do the same
              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

all of this is outstanding. a true high water mark
                88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
                  Pun intended? (See first post :) )

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                    Tough crowd around here lately lol....
                    we're here in awe, watching...

Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

fantastic work as usual.

Comment

Do you have a P/N for the vapor barrier?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

we're here in awe, watching...

This.
                          Got everyone at the shop to read this thread and we're all blown away......waiting for the next update!
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
                            Hows the interior progressing?
                            Having difficulty sourcing the fabric right now, no real progress to speak of.

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
                            Thank you, I do intend for this car to likely be my magnum opus, and while I'll surely take part in Jon's New M3 shell build I likely won't take on another of this scale myself.
                            ​​​​​​​
                            Originally posted by quasi mofo View Post
                            Do you have a P/N for the vapor barrier?
                            Door plastic sheeting 51951924961

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                            Got everyone at the shop to read this thread and we're all blown away......waiting for the next update!
                            lol, that slow today?

Comment

And yeah, lock rods are a pain when they been out the car for months
                              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

What adhesive do you use for the vapor barrier? I've never actually seen one look so clear and clean lol

Comment

Working...
                                X