Agreed 100%
    17 Range Rover Sport SVR
    14 Q5 TDI S-Line
    ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
      Definitely gonna need an update chief
      You and me both.

I'm waiting for components to proceed really.

Upholstery is pending, should be done soon.

Engine is in the machine shop waiting on the custom pistons.

I think the engine is more likely to be done first but we'll see.

I'll have a small update this weekend.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Small update for now, more to follow later...

Parking brake and shifter boots installed on their respective frames:

Snapped into place in the interior with the freshly refinished consoles and glovebox installed to match the dashboard.

Comment

Very nice to see this coming along. Is it the camera or are the interior parts alot more grey then the originals in my 318is.

Is this how they come from the factory now?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I'm going to go with its more the lighting than anything, if you look at the boots on the garage floor pictures they are very much BLACK, where as they look gray in the interior.

That said E30 dash trim isn't exactly black in the first place, its always been a dark gray color. I had everything redyed the original color matching off a swatch under the cluster bezel that never saw daylight.

Rolled her out of the garage yesterday for her first bath, hard to tell but was very dusty.

Comment

This is coming along nicely! When do you expect to be complete? Have family in Houston and would love to swing by and check this out.
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

Jordan, I have to ask this because it's driving me crazy. It is such a pain in the ass to align the front bumper and for some reason or another the middle of mine seem to come up more than the sides and I'm not sure why that is. I can't image the bumper struts are the ultimate cause, but i also can't imagine anything else is the cause either. Yours seems to be a nice body line all the way across the front, but like I said, mine is almost like a rainbow (only not that dramatic). anyway, i figured with your knowledge you might have some suggestions on aligning that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                  That said E30 dash trim isn't exactly black in the first place, its always been a dark gray color. I had everything redyed the original color matching off a swatch under the cluster bezel that never saw daylight.
                  what product did you use for dying?
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD
                  1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                  so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                    This is coming along nicely! When do you expect to be complete? Have family in Houston and would love to swing by and check this out.
                    2-3 months I hope, PM me when you'll be in town I'd be happy to have it available for viewing.

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    Jordan, I have to ask this because it's driving me crazy. It is such a pain in the ass to align the front bumper and for some reason or another the middle of mine seem to come up more than the sides and I'm not sure why that is. I can't image the bumper struts are the ultimate cause, but i also can't imagine anything else is the cause either. Yours seems to be a nice body line all the way across the front, but like I said, mine is almost like a rainbow (only not that dramatic). anyway, i figured with your knowledge you might have some suggestions on aligning that thing.
                    Your valance is likely sagged. Two bolts hold it to the core support behind the grills. Loosen them and slide it up.

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
                    what product did you use for dying?
                    I subbed this out to my local Fibrenew. They use some fancy crosslinked polymer dye, its very tough stuff, permanently bonded.

Comment

I'll have to let you know when I'm in Houston next time, would love to meet you and talk shop.
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                        I'll have to let you know when I'm in Houston next time, would love to meet you and talk shop.
                        I hear he's a nice guy in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                          musky scent of manlove?;D

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                          I hear he's a nice guy in person.
                          indeed
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

A small project for today, refurbishing the original front tweeter pods and rear speaker pods that were part of the factory premium sound package. The units I had were solid and functioning, but beyond ugly... nothing a little work can't spruce up.

Super dirty and just generally ugly.

Grille fabric protecting the drivers from UV damage and concealing them badly decomposed.

Everything blown apart, housings repainted, grills ready for paint.

Grills with fresh satin paint.

New fabric laid in vs just cleaned.

The fabric is glued in place by a heavy coat of the same satin paint on the interior of the grill, with the precut fabric placed into and massaged into place immediately. As the paint dries it soaks into the fabric and effectively sticks it in place.

Once the rubber gasket is laced back on the grill fabric is stuck for good.

Looking gooooood, I will repaint the lettering white soon.

Comment

As always, great work!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Beautiful!
                                What fabric did you use for speaker grills and adhesive??

Comment

Working...
                                X