Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVM, just read the description...00

Comment

Jon gave me his left over fabric from doing the same to his M3, I'm not sure where he bought it? Jo-Anns fabric store or the like I would assume. I'll ask him to pipe in.

For adhesive I just used the same satin black SEM trim paint I refinished the housings and grills in. A thick coat on the interior of the grill with immediate installation of the fabric captured and held it in place perfectly without any glue visible on the cloth or grill from the outside.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        Jon gave me his left over fabric from doing the same to his M3, I'm not sure where he bought it? Jo-Anns fabric store or the like I would assume. I'll ask him to pipe in.

For adhesive I just used the same satin black SEM trim paint I refinished the housings and grills in. A thick coat on the interior of the grill with immediate installation of the fabric captured and held it in place perfectly without any glue visible on the cloth or grill from the outside.
        Looks great, I got that particular fabric at hobby lobby, but I'm sure Joanne's Fabrics has something similar as well... real interested to see how your white lettering comes out it looks way too tedious and there's not enough height to the raised letters to do the roller trick

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        Current Cars:
        2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
        2017 FERRARI 488GTB
        2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
        1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
        1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
        1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
        1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
        2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
        CLEAN E30'S
        S54 DRIVETRAIN
        E30 DASH
        E30 PARTS

Comment

One more for tonight, the refurbished passenger side tweeter pod installed.

Comment

Slightly dumb question, did the 318is have the premium sound system as an option?

Ezekiel 25:17
            Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
            The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

What are you going to use to paint the white lettering on?

Speakers look good man.
              I do things.

Comment

Hand painted lettering on the grills is done, its far from screen printed perfection, but it looks great from about 2' away which is as close as anyone is ever going to get so screw it...

I finally found a carpet match for the new BMW "black" carpet pan to upholster the rear section with. The rear section in "black" went NLA and what was delivered up to that point was a different color than the main carpet pan regardless. You can see the small sliver of actual BMW carpet placed in the center for comparison. Color is spot on perfect, thickness is perfect, texture is about dead on with the new being just a little more more coarse pile wise but this is as close as humanly possible IMO, also it is UV resistant automotive grade so that is perfect.

This is the carpet pictured:
                https://www.yourautotrim.com/darkgre...w8pcTeGuHXwOeg

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                  Slightly dumb question, did the 318is have the premium sound system as an option?

Ezekiel 25:17
                  Yes. I don't know what the US options were, but I have a Canadian 318is that I bought from the original owner with a weird combination of options: sunroof, no AC, Mtech 1 steering wheel, and premium sound.
                  diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                    Hand painted lettering on the grills is done, its far from screen printed perfection, but it looks great from about 2' away which is as close as anyone is ever going to get so screw it...

I finally found a carpet match for the new BMW "black" carpet pan to upholster the rear section with. The rear section in "black" went NLA and what was delivered up to that point was a different color than the main carpet pan regardless. You can see the small sliver of actual BMW carpet placed in the center for comparison. Color is spot on perfect, thickness is perfect, texture is about dead on with the new being just a little more more coarse pile wise but this is as close as humanly possible IMO, also it is UV resistant automotive grade so that is perfect.

This is the carpet pictured:
                    https://www.yourautotrim.com/darkgre...w8pcTeGuHXwOeg
                    What I am dying for is a black trunk carpet!

I was able to get all the black trunk panels, except the carpet. I have an aftermarket one that looks good but its not a perfect fit.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Original 28 year old rear carpet section and parcel tray in their dirty faded glory...

Rear carpet insert reupholstered in the new material.

Ran out of aerosol contact cement midway through the parcel tray... so that one must wait.

Comment

Parcel tray got some love today, fully reupholstered in black carpet.

Speakers and vents installed

Installed into the vehicle.

Comment

Jordan, what kind of adhesive do you use to attach the foam strips above the headlights on the grills? Permatex or Barge contact cement or something more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                            Jordan, what kind of adhesive do you use to attach the foam strips above the headlights on the grills? Permatex or Barge contact cement or something more specific?
                            Uh, I bought brand new Genuine BMW European grills, the strips are preattached.

Barring that I would just buy peel and stick insulation strips from Orange or Blue and install those to replace missing or decomposed strips.

Comment

You can buy a roll of the OEM stuff with adhesive already on it for like $20, P/N 51131916525. I have a roll of about 25 feet, and I only need enough to do 2 sets of grilles. You're welcome to the rest if you want it mike.bmw
                              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                                You can buy a roll of the OEM stuff with adhesive already on it for like $20, P/N 51131916525. I have a roll of about 25 feet, and I only need enough to do 2 sets of grilles. You're welcome to the rest if you want it mike.bmw
                                It's good stuff, I used it to seal up a window unit for a friend, I to had a lot left over.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X