Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more work this morning...

Getting the starter motor installed now, this is pretty easy on a M42 because of where it sits. The bolts are simply reached from above to snug them down.

New oxygen sensor installed, VIN sticker placed on bellhousing.

I finally get to install one of my favorite parts on the car, the high pressure powering steering line with this little coiled section

Brake booster vacuum line fabricated and installed. I elected to use a E90? right angle fitting at the booster as the large inline vacuum check valve is long long long NLA and this looks clean. Main, fuel pump, and oxygen sensor relays are new. Sadly the blue/orange relays superceed to the lime green ones now. Not a big deal as they get concealed.

Covers in place, new fan clutch, fan blade and shroud with both hoses.

Last edited by Jordan; 12-28-2019, 01:46 PM.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

While I am still missing a few things, like the correct throttle cable ( I somehow ordered a 325i cable) and the expansion tank cap its pretty much done now.... so...

I've wanted to make and post this before and after for a loooong time.

Comment

Fantastic build, sorry to see it coming to an end. What are you going to run for a tune on the stroker?

Comment

quite amazing... too clean for me!
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
            While I am still missing a few things, like the correct throttle cable ( I somehow ordered a 325i cable) and the expansion tank cap its pretty much done now.... so...

I've wanted to make and post this before and after for a loooong time.

These two pictures speak volumes to the amount of work involved with this project. Impressive.

MJ

Comment

Has BMW contacted you to purchase this yet?
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

This would have to be one of only a few E30s that is genuinely perfect.
                Does it run?
                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

No attempt has been made to start the engine as of yet, all systems are devoid of operating fluids. The car is bone dry throughout save for any assembly lubricants.

Depending on how the week goes I may go get engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, transmission oil and differential oil so I can fill everything to spec.

Comment

Bitchin’ !

Comment

as always, amazing work jordan.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

We have Wurth supply the shop with Oetiker clamps, I bill them out to my employee parts ticket as needed. I did order a specific size I needed that we don't stock from Amazon, a 25 pack I think) but other than that just using what is on hand.

Gold clamps wouldn't be correct, that first link is correct though. I just order on Amazon when I need a small quantity of a specific size as I can have them very quickly without getting raped on shipping.

Comment

FYI, McMaster sells them as well:

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

A little bit of progress this evening.

Engine oil, cooling system, transmission and differential fluids are filled. Tomorrow I will fill and bleed the brake and clutch hydraulic systems, then if all goes well I'l get the engine oiling system primed and turn fuel on to hear her run for the first time in 2+ years.

New Ansa OE replacement muffler is back from ceramic coating. Of course the Genuine BMW muffler is NLA and has been for a few years now. I spent a lot of time trying to find a suitably good condition used unit without success. Overall I would give this particular replacement muffler a 7/10 on the general quality. I like it far far more than the Stomung turd nugget muffler I originally bought for this car and ended up giving to my kids car. The resonator is a different shape than the Genuine but that isn't really a big deal. The subframe hanger on the other hand is junk bar stock bent over into a U shape so that had to go. I cut the hanger off the rotted out factory muffler, cut the junk hanger off the Ansa, and welded the factory hanger on. This effort coupled with ceramic coating it factory black rather than the silver finish it comes in brings it up to a solid 9/10 for me.

Last edited by Jordan; 01-04-2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I approve of this message.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I approve of this message.
                                Everyone should approve of this message.

Comment

Working...
                                X