Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    why the tank/subframe is out again? It was all fitted and clamped so nicely in there, what happened?

    Comment


      Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      put that dash aside for me Jordan. i will come and get it this week.
      The guy that "fixed" the blemmish wants to have another go at it, if it comes out lack luster again you're welcome to it friend.

      Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
      why the tank/subframe is out again? It was all fitted and clamped so nicely in there, what happened?
      Because bodyshop dust and grime. Had to blow it all apart to clean it adequately.... Will be going back on this week.

      New toolkit foam and toolkit tray, no tools worthy of the car yet!



      Rear Euro plate filler, and my old Texas E30 plate (now owned lawfully by my friend Thad) but I still have my old one as a place filler :-)



      Positive battery junction installed along with the blower housing/cowl cover



      Rear brake splitter, new soft lines and custom bent hard lines. I just had to change out the flare nuts for freshly plated ones which means remaking the flares which means making new lines. The factory no longer supplies prebent lines so I artfully recreated these in original shape. What a pain in the ass!





      Rear brake proportioning / limiting valve.



      Got the door locks installed with the mounting fixtures and all that jazz, wanna talk about a pain in the dick to assemble....






      As people asked earlier here is a preview of my plug and play US sealed beam to Euro adapters.





      and last little morsel for the evening, new Pukar Designs reproduction door jamb stickers.


      E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

      Comment


        Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        New toolkit foam and toolkit tray, no tools worthy of the car yet!

        Is the toolkit tray support black on the new toolkits? I’ve only seen them in gray before.

        Comment


          This is a superb looking base. Good luck with the build.

          Comment


            Why adapters for the headlights instead of rewiring them proper?

            Comment


              Originality would be my guess. That way you can always return the car to 100% original by putting sealed beams back in.

              Comment


                where did you acquire the rear euro plate filler in that good of condition?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                  where did you acquire the rear euro plate filler in that good of condition?


                  I believe they are still available brand new.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                    Why adapters for the headlights instead of rewiring them proper?
                    Because I don't want to cut the harness. This way it remains completely modular and could be easily reversed should someone want to down the line.

                    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    where did you acquire the rear euro plate filler in that good of condition?
                    It is a old and well used panel, it was refreshed with SEM trim black paint the same as used everywhere else. I bought it from Levent @ Guten Parts.

                    E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Jordan View Post

                      and last little morsel for the evening, new Pukar Designs reproduction door jamb stickers.

                      Those are awesome. I need to get those!
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

                      Comment


                        I never knew that LHD scuttle panel covers (the plastic bits where the wipers are) are different to RHD. Something new every day
                        sigpic

                        (clicky on piccy to get to thread)

                        Comment


                          Question:

                          I lined up my door strikers so that the door sits flush with the body, but it takes a little gusto to close it. Is this normal with new door seals, or should I go back and readjust the striker?
                          I do things.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Melon View Post
                            Question:

                            I lined up my door strikers so that the door sits flush with the body, but it takes a little gusto to close it. Is this normal with new door seals, or should I go back and readjust the striker?

                            As did I and initially the doors were a serious pain in the ass to close. After having been latched closed for almost two weeks the closing effort is nearly normal. The seals should relax a bit more over time and become completely normal. The imola car was the same way with its new seals.

                            E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                              As did I and initially the doors were a serious pain in the ass to close. After having been latched closed for almost two weeks the closing effort is nearly normal. The seals should relax a bit more over time and become completely normal. The imola car was the same way with its new seals.
                              Cool man, that's what I figured.

                              Thanks.
                              I do things.

                              Comment


                                I just finished reading through the red e30 build and this one and I'm absolutely amazed at the attention to detail! So excited to see this car finished! But I'm also sad I don't have more to look through. I also learned a ton! So thank you for taking all the time to show all the work your doing!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X