Restoring my E30 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenshin86 View Post
    And I need to sort out why the RPM gauge is still not working after replacing the SI board batteries.
    I had an E30 once where the RPM gauge didn't work. What i found was some bad wiring in the area of the passenger speaker. There's a connection of wires (if i remember correct - red/green wires). My interior lighting wasn't working either and it was related to the same wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaede View Post

I had an E30 once where the RPM gauge didn't work. What i found was some bad wiring in the area of the passenger speaker. There's a connection of wires (if i remember correct - red/green wires). My interior lighting wasn't working either and it was related to the same wires.
      Thanks for your feedback, I will look into it !

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, I will look into it !
        Sorry, i meant drivers side. Left side of the car Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you all for your replies !

Also when I installed the derlin bushing in the rear shifter assembly arm carrier, after doing hard acceleration or cornering, it becomes difficult or not possible to change gears because there is no play or buffer to absorb the relative motion between engine/transmission and chassis.
          I will either remove the derlin bushing completely or drill it to make it wider or go back to old rubber.
          Greetings from NZ. I too am using the Garagistic delrin rear shifter bushing (and Z3 1.9 shifter), although with no issues with this setup (M40B16). Suggest your issue may be caused by movement elsewhere; I'd already replaced engine, gearbox mounts by the time I'd gotten to replacing all of the shifter bushings. Perhaps wait until you replace your engine and gearbox mounts?

Hope that helps.
          Join the BMW Car Club of NZ
          http://www.bmwclub.co.nz/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwcarclubnz/

Comment

Working...
          X