The Blunderwagon - 89 325iX touring 3.1L stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    tossed the iX weaves back on and have been driving it.

I wonder who balanced and installed those rims on the wagon, they did an AMAZING job

;D
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I don't know but I've heard they also found me a sick deal on the center caps and look real good running around a track in pink yoga pants
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        I don't know but I've heard they also found me a sick deal on the center caps and look real good running around a track in pink yoga pants
        This has never been verified.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
          This has never been verified.
          Thank you for bringing this up.

Julien, when will you satisfy your end of the bargain?

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

shit i just got the best idea for a belated birthday present
            cars beep boop

Comment

I believe I said sweatpants. I don't want to see Belgian pipe flopping around in yoga pants. Or do I?

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                Thank you for bringing this up.

Julien, when will you satisfy your end of the bargain?
                The later I wait the more epic it will be, amirite? 65 year old belgian in pink pants runs lap available 3d virtual reality youtube
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Danny, please arrest him. jk

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                    Danny, please arrest him. jk
                    He’s in some inner city somewhere. I’m COUNTY LAW BABY. Fuck cities.

Comment

bump
                      Build Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                        bump
                        so many builds, so little updates
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

ok ok ok jeez

I converted the stroker motor to AWD spec. I took detailed photos of this since nobody else has documented it thoroughly, but need to dig them out and put a big ol thread together.

The things that had to happen:
                          - swap IMS and IMS gear to iX (spins the other way)
                          - swap oil pump and oil pump drive shaft
                          - mount iX rear sump bracket to #5 bearing cap
                          - drill and tap two additional holes in the bottom flange of the block for the additional bolts that go around the pass side front driveshaft
                          - get some threaded plugs that match the RWD oil relief valve hole, drill out their centers to allow oil to pass through, thread them in and butt them up against each other to set their level flush with the block bottom surface
                          - drill and tap a mount hole for the oil pressure relief part of the iX oil pump
                          - enlarge and retap the motor mount holes since the iX mounts use bigger bolts
                          - tap out the old RWD dipstick
                          - drill a new hole for the dipstick, push a cutoff bit of the former RWD dipstick into it to match the iX setup
                          - plug the old dipstick hole with a rubber enlarging plug thing

it was a bit of work but it's done

anyway then last weekend I dropped the old driveline out while julien took creepshots of my ass crack ;D

disassembled the driveline from around the old shitty motor

did some deferred maintenance -

- new tie rods (inners and outers)
                          - new tie rod boots (old ones were totally fucked)
                          - different control arms with new lemforder outer balljoints (yes, old ones were fucked too)
                          - new sway bar links (guess)
                          - new sway bar bushings
                          - new front driveshaft bearing that goes into the oil pan extension flange thing
                          - subframe that doesn't have a huge piece fucked out of it

everything went back together using a novel assembly method -

(oh yeah also I got some IE long tubes and a fuckload of 2.25" to build into a nice midpipe)

and it's ready to be reinstalled now, more or less, so, that's where we are.
                          Last edited by kronus; 06-06-2019, 11:14 AM.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Nice. Find a way to use RWD transmission mounts on the IX to keep the transmission in place. Since it's out and all

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

not sure what you mean - there's no RWD flanges on the transmission so I can't use a RWD-style bracket.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

On the transmission there are spots for the mounts (at least on mine) and I've been thinking how I'd be able to get some more support back there. A single mount is cool and all, but imagine more support back there...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X