X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kronus
    replied
    ah. That's the O2 sensor connector.

edit: wait, no it's not. who knows! been some time since I looked at an M20.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    on to the car itself, looks like there's a new starter -

This is the picture i was talking about, but I realized this is a picture from below, which would put the C101 in the same orientation as mine. :nice:

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
    Definitely following this one. :)

As for the rear brakes/rotor's you've mentioned in that quite long list.
    They are specific for the ix touring. The rear rotors are available from BMW again although at 125€ each they aren't cheap.

Also, if you need new trim for the interior. You should have a look on ebay-kleinanzeigen.
    I'm going to toss some calipers on mine first. 125 euro is a little rough for a rotor.

And I've already mobilized some german friends to negotiate a full trunk trim kit delivery :)

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    great lookin' project. I've never seen the C101 oriented sideways like it is in one of the pictures. Looks fun. The transfer case mount is a bloody mess. I wonder why they thought it was proper.
    Not sure what you're looking at, I don't think my C101 is in any of them..

Originally posted by jawkDNA View Post
    :nice: This killed me.
    am totally serious about it FWIW

Leave a comment:

• jawkDNA
    replied
    the front grills are off in that photo because I removed the eyebrows. I will mail them to anyone, for free, if they write and post a 5-paragraph essay explaining how exactly they've managed to go so wrong in life as to appreciate e30 eyebrows.
    :nice: This killed me.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    great lookin' project. I've never seen the C101 oriented sideways like it is in one of the pictures. Looks fun. The transfer case mount is a bloody mess. I wonder why they thought it was proper.

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Definitely following this one. :)

As for the rear brakes/rotor's you've mentioned in that quite long list.
    They are specific for the ix touring. The rear rotors are available from BMW again although at 125€ each they aren't cheap.

Also, if you need new trim for the interior. You should have a look on ebay-kleinanzeigen.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    yeah actually i hate white e30s and i hate painting engine bays and both of those are happening to that other one..

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    so basically, I'm an idiot and went ahead and bought a car....

(p.s. 2mAn, no, the white car will never ever be finished)

Well... I guess finish this one *shrug*

Do you have something against white cars? Lol

Leave a comment:

• Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Needs more Dean

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    Congrats, Dmitriy - nice to see another DS added to your fleet. I'm moving back to the Bay Area in a couple of weeks, hope to see this and your other DS which I've been meaning to see for so long!

Leave a comment:

• alistairolsen
    replied
    subscribed for the updates!

Leave a comment:

• erwendell
    replied
    Drooling over the car but not envious of the work ahead. At least it's a chassis worth the effort.
    Last edited by erwendell; 04-01-2018, 08:26 PM. Reason: Said something stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    all your photos are dead
    photobucket fix, bro ;D

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    oh, and it's not starting because it NEDS FULE POMP. of course. ordered a Walbro 255.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
    I wanted to buy this so badly, will be worthwhile when everything is said and done.
    I hope so! an ix touring definitely been a (pipe) dream of mine for years. looking forward to seeing it realized.

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
    Oh and the rust told me to tell you to stop being a bitch
    -lol
    that fucker is going down

Originally posted by Julien View Post
    List seems about on par with my old 325ix. Good luck dude!
    all your photos are dead

---

yesterday I unpacked the car. Some goodies came with it -

a husco armrest, in good shape. unfortunately mounted to the center console at a 3rd-grade level. will be for sale since it gets in my way because I own elbows.

a DOT-R ix trans that came from 002 salvage a few years ago. Paint pen markings indicate that the trans was two years from new when pulled and sold, which fills me with hope. It's good that I don't have to hunt for this, since the trans in the car is absolutely toast and they're not so common.

on to the car itself, looks like there's a new starter -

and a new muffler section -

and a decent-looking front giubo -

and, uh some coolers? the back one isn't connected to anything. It was probably for the auto trans.

the front grills are off in that photo because I removed the eyebrows. I will mail them to anyone, for free, if they write and post a 5-paragraph essay explaining how exactly they've managed to go so wrong in life as to appreciate e30 eyebrows. I'm extra-angry because these were attached with several feet of butyl tape and it was a bitch to get off.

more evidence of previous hack-jobbery started to present itself here. For some of these, I have no idea how it's even possible to accomplish something with so little skill applied.

the transfer case mount was just tightened until it basically tore the bushing. they could have just slid the mount forward by a centimeter and not fucked themselves (and me) over, but no.

home depot exhaust hardware. this is also in the manifolds. sigh.

the trailer hitch is cool and all, but it was installed by people that should not be allowed near tools, or hands. it's made by Westfalia, apparently. I'll probably take it off and sell it, I have a giant van for towing and don't think the touring would make it far anyway.

weird takeoffs from the rear lights - this ties the trailer lights into the system but there's almost certainly a cleaner way to do it.

spliced to the euro connector. the wires are taken through the back panel behind the bumper, and the hole is jagged and rusty. yay.

I don't even want to know what happened here. it does look like they forgot to finish painting it.

took the trunk trim out and apart because it's all really poorly reupholstered. I am having trouble coming up with scary enough words to describe how bad it is.

the rear inner trim panel and the plastic cover piece were attached to the back sheet metal via a baseball-sized amount of silicone, and self-tapping drill-screws. it hurt me to write this sentence. it's all removed now.

it'll be fine. i'll be fine. definitely haven't started to drink more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X