'86 325e Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'86 325e Sedan

I picked up my 1986 325e sedan off the "e30 Club of WNY" Facebook page for a price that was appealing, yet nervously low. I asked on a road trip home from Ohio about what cars were out there for cheap, thinking I couldn't find anything. In two weeks, an e30 took residence at my house.

I figured out that it burned oil before it was delivered to my house, but it's just an engine, and I can fix it. I figured that it probably wasn't rings because it only has 64,000 miles on it, so I wouldn't have to pull the engine. Currently the cylinder head has been fully stripped, pressure tested, hot tank cleaned, surfaced, lightly ported, and reassembled. While I was in there I also checked the guides and lapped the seats. The camshaft, rockers, and rocker shafts were replaced with lesser worn items from an '84 parts engine I picked up for cheap. These parts had 150k on them, but were in better shape. I assume the last owner filled my car with an oil that was too thin, or adjusted the valves too tight. That may have killed the cam.

The head is now fully assembled, minus cam seals which I'm still waiting on. The eccentrics have been refurbished to remove flat spots. (Having my own personal machine shop comes in handy sometimes.) I'm waiting on a head gasket and head bolts before I can reassemble it and get started on the manual swap and brand new header-to-tip welded exhaust. The car will also receive a chassis mount shifter with the manual swap, and I will flow test and clean the injectors myself using a timed and pressurized feed. No cans of carb cleaner here. More pics to come, but here are a few that I currently have on my phone.

No I need to wait until ECS ships my order. Expected date is April 24th. 11 more days until they can ship. I believe my clutch fork was back ordered.

Andre

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW
Working...
X