No announcement yet.

My money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the purple LEDs and Japanese floor mats are a little confusing to me.

Great project.

Comment

Have horribly neglected this thread, I’ve just been having too much fun with the car

Finally got the fitment dialed in for now, am currently running -6 degrees of camber in the front and -5 in the rear. the wheels thankfully fit.
      Also got my Es air dam mounted along with some Taurus sideskirts I got at the junkyard along with some random rear apron I got off a part out a long time ago

As for the interior it’s almost done just need a shift boot, ebrake boot, and I want to eventually redo the headliner, I added a bit of some purple velvelt and cut out my rear deck to fit some 6x9s and mounted some 6.5 alpines in the front. I found these really cool organ pipe speaker covers and just made a quick bracket out of wood so they sat a bit higher. I also have a 12inch sub with a simple 2 channel amp in the trunk, I tried doing a wood trunk floor but am going to redo it for a more cleaner look. My favorite part of the interior is the chain starring wheel I have now

Future plans for the car is respraying it. I plan on keeping the burgendrot metallic but just adding a little more flake and I also plan on having a little fun with the roof, I’m just trying to go for a “low rider” inspired paint job. Besides the paint I would like to go a little lower but I think I’ll end up settling for just getting the rear apron from dtm fiberwerkz and adding some type of cover on the front apron to extend it down a little more

Comment

Some pics of how it currently looks
        Attached Files

Comment

And lastly how the trunk is looking

P.s. if anybody has a passenger side early model tailight they’d be willing to part with for cheap HMU pleeeeaaaseee
          Attached Files

Comment

Last post for the night but I have no idea how to not post potato quality pics here. if anybody is interested in seeing some higher quality pics please take a look at my Instagram @thetexasplayboy

Comment

get tapatalk or be an adult and get webhosting of your pics ...

it got very low-rider-ish in these last few mods
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

May i ask what those things are on the back shelf? are they speakers?

Glad you're enjoying it!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  get tapatalk or be an adult and get webhosting of your pics ...

it got very low-rider-ish in these last few mods

I’ll be an adult and just get the tapatalk app lmao. Yeah I went little off the deep end once I got the steering whee, I really hate having it now that it’s hot in the valley

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    May i ask what those things are on the back shelf? are they speakers?

Glad you're enjoying it!
                    Why yes you may, they’re organ pipe shaped speakers covers

Comment

Originally posted by YungToast View Post
                      I’ll be an adult and just get the tapatalk app lmao. Yeah I went little off the deep end once I got the steering whee, I really hate having it now that it’s hot in the valley

Good thing it’s super easy to change the steering wheel
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

My favorite part of the interior is the chain starring wheel I have now

The E30 may be a box but it doesn't deserve the box chevy treatment.
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Good thing it’s super easy to change the steering wheel
                          That’d involve having another steering wheel I could swap it out with, which I dont

Comment

How do you go from buffing paint out nice to proper maintenance and then directly to home depot trunk and 90/00s low rider crap?

Edit* not sure how I missed post #17...I think you should have bought a different car, like an 80s Caprice or something.

"Have horribly neglected this thread, I’ve just been having too much fun with the car

Finally got the fitment dialed in for now, am currently running -6 degrees of camber in the front and -5 in the rear. the wheels thankfully fit.
                            Also got my Es air dam mounted along with some Taurus sideskirts I got at the junkyard along with some random rear apron I got off a part out a long time ago

As for the interior it’s almost done just need a shift boot, ebrake boot, and I want to eventually redo the headliner, I added a bit of some purple velvelt and cut out my rear deck to fit some 6x9s and mounted some 6.5 alpines in the front. I found these really cool organ pipe speaker covers and just made a quick bracket out of wood so they sat a bit higher. I also have a 12inch sub with a simple 2 channel amp in the trunk, I tried doing a wood trunk floor but am going to redo it for a more cleaner look. My favorite part of the interior is the chain starring wheel I have now"

Future plans for the car is respraying it. I plan on keeping the burgendrot metallic but just adding a little more flake and I also plan on having a little fun with the roof, I’m just trying to go for a “low rider” inspired paint job. Besides the paint I would like to go a little lower but I think I’ll end up settling for just getting the rear apron from dtm fiberwerkz and adding some type of cover on the front apron to extend it down a little more
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              How do you go from buffing paint out nice to proper maintenance and then directly to home depot trunk and 90/00s low rider crap?

Edit* not sure how I missed post #17...I think you should have bought a different car, like an 80s Caprice or something.

"Have horribly neglected this thread, I’ve just been having too much fun with the car

As for the interior it’s almost done just need a shift boot, ebrake boot, and I want to eventually redo the headliner, I added a bit of some purple velvelt and cut out my rear deck to fit some 6x9s and mounted some 6.5 alpines in the front. I found these really cool organ pipe speaker covers and just made a quick bracket out of wood so they sat a bit higher. I also have a 12inch sub with a simple 2 channel amp in the trunk, I tried doing a wood trunk floor but am going to redo it for a more cleaner look. My favorite part of the interior is the chain starring wheel I have now"

I do plan on getting an impala for my next project hopefully I’ll be able to snag a 59’ rn I’m just testing out what I like the look of so I’ll have reference points for it. Also I think a low rider inspired look is refreshingly to see on an e30 it’s a good switch up from the generic euro look that everyone and their mom does on these cars and people have gone further off the deep end with these cars by putting 13inch Dayton’s and hydrolic setups

Comment

people have gone further off the deep end with these cars by putting 13inch Dayton’s and hydrolic setups
                                only in East Los tho....

a steering wheel is easy to find and easy to change... summer is right around the corner. you'll be driving with oven mitts soon
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X