My money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My money pit

Ive been contemplating starting a thread for my project for quite a while, figured I have nothing to lose in doing one so here we go! I’ve already had the car for a year and have done a bit of stuff to it but I’m gonna recap what Ive done.

Here’s how it looked when I first got it
    Attached Files

My grandpa passed away last June, he loved my first e30 as much as I did even tho it was a total rust bucket from a salvage auction that completely crapped out on me six months after I got it.

After he passed I ended up inheriting his dodge magnum, the car had too many problems for me to want to keep it and I ended up selling it to one of my coworkers, with that money I bought my current e30

This car means too much to me lmao t’s my second e30 I spent almost a year trying to find a good specimen and found it on Craigslist. The guy I bought it from was the 3rd owner from what he understood and had plans to swap it but was moving to Vegas and couldn’t take it with him so I got it for 2600

Comment

The first thing I did to the car was replace the shocks and struts with bilstiens and threw on some h&r lowering springs. Along with that I replaced the front wheel bearings, front rotors and pads.

It was an utter pain in my ass and the HOA board for my neighborhood were being such assholes about me working on my car next to my house, they ended up calling the cops to give me a parking ticket Lmfaooo oh and to add insult to injury the HOA decided to send a letter to my house saying that was going to be fined 250$ My parents and I couldnt stop laughing. They even sent pictures of the car on jack stands as evidence
      Attached Files

Comment

A few more months after that I decided to try n revive the paint, it always looked matte n just really shitty but after a few hours of polishing it looked so damn good

And just about a month ago my water pump started leaking, I had been wanting to replace the timing belt and all the surrounding bits since I got the car. My friend introduced me to this guy named Ian who really knows his way around bmws and did all the work for it, thanks to him my car has been running great ever since

Here’s a pic of how it looked after the detail in June, it doesn’t look as good now as it did then but I’m still pretty happy with it
        Attached Files

Comment

And the last note worthy thing I did to the car was swapping out my old interior for a houndstooth interior, still have my eye out for a set of houndstooth sport seats thooooo

Really looking forward to tracking the rest of the progress my next step is to get some BC coilovers to lower it more and I’m very slowly savinng up for somebody ssr xr4 longchamps 15x9 all around along with getting my front air dam n rear apron painted/mounted
          Attached Files

Comment

I wonder... would they treat you the same if you had a Ferrari parked out front on jackstands? Hmmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
              I wonder... would they treat you the same if you had a Ferrari parked out front on jackstands? Hmmmmm.....
              Lmfaooo ikr!! Probably tho I’m not too well liked by the HOA

Comment

Looking great! Keep going.
                Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by YungToast View Post
                  Lmfaooo ikr!! Probably tho I’m not too well liked by the HOA
                  Make your presence known in the meetings, they're usually run by a small group of crabby old people. Once you stand up to them, and ask where it's stated int he bylaws that you can't have a car you're working on in the driveway, they usually back down.
                  I do things.

Comment

Its been a while since I’ve updated this. haven’t done much besides getting my trunk open after spending a good hour with a long stick reaching through the gap behind the rear seats and I got a glove box with a keyless latch
                    BUT THE BIG NEWS FOR TODAY I scooped up my dream wheels today from getjpn out in Pomona!!! Bought some 15x8j type A -14 and and 8j type B -2 SSR XR-4 longchamps!!!! Currently figuiring our how I’m going to mount them, was thinking about either getting some 4x100 to 4x114.3 15mm adapters or taking my hubs n rotors out to a machine shop and have them drill the 4x114.3 pattern.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by YungToast; 10-25-2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Yeah, you're also gonna have to fix those offsets. Now way they're fitting with adapters.
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

I’ve been really bad about updating my progress, it’s time for a quick catch up. I’ll start off with the small thing I’ve done to the car.

Bought an AC Schnitzer ebrake handle and shift knob, put some purple LED light strips under the kick panel and glove box will be putting some in the rear as soon as I get more strips. And last but certainly not least I was able to find a cassette holder!!!

And my apologizes for the quality of the photos I had to get a new phone a little while back n lost the good ol slutty pics and am uploading what I can find, will take proper pics soon :)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Now for the “bigger” ticket items, finally got BC racing coilovers for the car, 12k front and 14k rear spring rates, currently have it maxed out as low as it can go. I am looking into eventually getting some 326power rear springs so I can go lower.

Btw I do have my old set up for sale: bilstein struts n shocks with the h&r sport springs (the blue ones) with a lil more than 2k miles on it for 450 obo I’d prefer to get a local deal in the Los Angeles area but will ship at buyers expense

Pics are how the car currently sits :)))
                          Attached Files

Comment

Along with the coilovers I finally got my longchamps polished and wrapped in some 195/50 hankooks

I had the wheels polished at supreme polishing in Canoga Park and I highly recommend going to them if your in the valley. I dropped them off Monday night and they were ready Friday morning for the low low price of 280$

I’m just waiting for some short head bolts so the wheels can sit flush against the adapters but they should be arriving later today!! I’m going to have to camber out and pull my fenders so they’ll fit and will probably have to extend the control arms about an inch or so to get more camber but I couldn’t not be more excited to get the wheels finally on

I’ll post proper pics of the car once the fitment is settled so some teasers will have to do for now
                            Attached Files

Comment

They can be a money pit but once you finish it all that hard work and money is worth every cent....Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                              X