No announcement yet.

[Entropy] - 21 reasons why Celebrities love this workout program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes? Id say minimum on par with MAXX alpha-n bits, I belive there is a back up table for A-N, its a failsafe table. Im not a tuning expert. The easy way out usually isnt the optimal way.

But this moves standalone up my list of prioritys. It maybe chaper for me to put an S54 laying on the ground in then go the full standalone id like...

Well see how the Alpha-N ms41 tuning session goes.

Everything on my list will get done in time.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Yeah MS41 has a small failsafe table that works like Alpha-N. Resolution isn't as good as the regular maps, but beyond that I can't comment.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        Yeah MS41 has a small failsafe table that works like Alpha-N. Resolution isn't as good as the regular maps, but beyond that I can't comment.
        Yeah, I’ve herd with some firmware update you can get better resolution on the maps?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Yeah, the guy who started the MS41 code disassembly started messing around and injecting code to change things. There's some unused space in the calibration section (the 24kb partial) so he used some of that for larger ign/fuel maps and some custom features. There's a section on the openms41 wiki about the features.
          Last I heard, he (Shake, or "mrf582") was trying to add a closed loop AFR table, but I think he's been busy with work or life because he didn't push it to anyone to test it.

His end goal is to release it for people to run, but it's taking a lot of time between scope creep and wanting to thoroughly test everything on as many different NA/Turbo/SC/swapped setups as possible.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Aug 2021

Welp! It was a long day at the dyno. Read up to 95* on the OBC and spent the whole day there, My turning PC wouldnt boot, after few hours charging and infront of the fan it came back, the dyno machine lost its mouse.... And no Alpha -N. Full throttle maping was fine and gained 5 to 7 HP with no maf restriction, estimated.. But doing this remote, with the tuners software there was no support to see how to map the anything below WOT, which was agervating.. So on..

So we got the Idle fixed and the maf is back on, and the cencus is that the cam timing is killing idle and the tune is a work around. For proper cam timing I need pistons with valve reliefs. And I don't feel like building a bottom end. Although I feel like this should be the proper next step. S54 laying in storage... Achelies motor sports mention they cams work perfect on stock cam timing blocks... All sounds normal.

Still waiting on a rear bumper shroud trim piece from BMW Germany so I can disacemble and reseal my trunk vents to keep water out... If the weather is fine ill take it on a trip to New Hampshire and back next week.

Working on some LTW flag graphics, Colors, Gumbal numbers, Banners, Time keeps ticking quick.
            Last edited by moatilliatta; 02-03-2022, 05:40 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Aug 2021 - cont

Progress
              ODO - 6500 miles

Not to much new with the car, I did get the Center and LR trim pieces for the series 2 diving boards from Thailand, And picked up the RR from Turner / ECS when I was heading to the New England. Oddly RR piece the dealer couldn't get.. But did come from Germany when Turner placed the order... Who knows... I was just lucky the search didn't go on for months! The weather looked good so I took the E30, But I drove though some serous rain on the way up. I guess my car isn't water tight yet... A leak by the rear window making its way to the trunk. I have to do some water testing. And a bigger I think is coming in from driver side door seal... AND a leak I think from the front windshield. Waters no joke. I have the Turkish door seals coming, with out the felt.... Genuine ones are Back Ordered. When I returned from my trip I was due for 2 front tires, they were track take offs and replaced with the same and an Oil service! First time I've changed the oil because it was due for mileage and not guilt from setting around ...

Reference:
              51 12 1 937 390 - Cover Center - NLA - EBAY Thailand
              51 12 1 965 029 - Trim Panel, Links - NLA - EBAY Thailand
              51 12 1 965 030 - Trim Panel, RECHT - Germany

Late Aug started
              Started updating my rear bumper Shrouds, tidy and seal some rust. Plugged the holes from the sun roof drains holes in the rear vents and replaced the seals. Hoping all new parts would fix a water leak.

Kill Boy photo from Vintage Sans Vintage Trip

Work
              Has been quite tough this week with New Crappy parts and things just being stubborn... But all in all it leaves me with just wanting to get some miles on my E30. I guess yet that is progress! Just a glimpse

Bosch Remain on its way out, bad. Replaced with NEW bad Genuine, Replaced by good Genuine M62 Dinan S3 E39 touring... FUUUUU

I had to make and buy a few tools and failures to get this sucker out 2002tii, I think like 3 of them were jammed in there!

Progress though in other ways, Oil line holders for 726

I have begun what time has left me with one task to complete before The vintage - Fixing / Lightweighting... An excellent condition rear diving board, I did score some NOS rear bumper shocks also. More of that in September.
              And some door seals.

Photobucket is acting a fool, so I leave you the photos that didn't Make the cut for September 2021 COTM. All the photos were taking using an Nikon Nikomat FTN using Ektar 100 or Sine Still 50 Film. I learned a lot shooting and usually don't have time to actually try hard to shot something for a result. Good news is the next batch I hope to be event better. Out of "focus" working on my depth of field...

And some others from the trip, Was good to get away.

Last edited by moatilliatta; 02-09-2022, 09:22 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Just saw this thing in the parking garage at Lüft and was equally as stoked to see it compared to the stuff at the show.
                what an awesome car/thread. The interior turned out so well and glad to see if getting some great miles!

Comment

Thanks! What and great event luftgekuhlt was, 5 hours isn’t enough time to soak it all in! I could only imagine previous year events.

Vintage Porsches this weekend and some of the “Schweinefiletring” on the way up from Louisville, KY https://schweinefiletring.com/home

Vintage BMWs next weekend with Tail of the dragon and Blue Ridge Parkway next weekend.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

September, October, November, December to come.

I went back to focusing on work.A delay I had was half a roll of film left in my camera since The Vintage and needed to shoot the rest of it before I mailed it out for develop, its a different process than any one does local. Hope to ship out this week and have an update next week.

A bottom end rebuild parts are being gathered, should see pistons in a few more weeks.

Ive started to disassemble the interior to get the door cards redone and chase and water leak.

Few items on the off season punch list:
                    Front window gasket, New windshield?
                    MRT DTM Control arms. Loose scrub radius, Loose caster 11 deg to 7 degrees. Going to gain some roll center and camber gain, Loose some weight jacking. Took some measurements, Made some graphs, well see what the before and after are..
                    Bottom end rebuild - 11.5:1 pistons with 140MM rods, S50 crank, ATI damper, JBR Chomoly flywheel, Clutch masters clutch, Balanced ect.. We'll see if it makes power to 8K
                    Going to see if Rabid Racing S54 throttles will squeeze in with moving the booster over. Still running maf
                    Finish bushing the window trim aluminum, I found oven cleaner should take off the anodizing.
                    Fit new 245/40R17 Falkin Rt660 for track use, they're wider than my Dunlap Z2'x
                    Fooling with colors for a LTW flag
                    Spoiler and maybe a splitter - No rush
                    I am having a hard time finding a New Bumper shroud for the Right Front 51 11 1 937 388

The Vintage 22 has already released there dates, I hope to get a few track days in before then. May, 19th, 2022

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I've booked my room for the Vintage 2022! I hope to see you there!

Comment

Like the pics and your car. I like the beefy wheel set up.👍
                        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                          I've booked my room for the Vintage 2022! I hope to see you there!
                          Stoked! Registered and Clarion booked!

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                          Like the pics and your car. I like the beefy wheel set up.👍
                          Thanks! It’ll be nice when I can get it dialed in and feel proper.

Should have a good updates next week, got some photos back from being developed.

I have been wrenching on the E30 again :)
                          Even made a play list.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4R...Q8GXRhk-n2cclw

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

A delay I had was half a roll of film left in my camera since The Vintage and needed to shoot the rest of it before I mailed it out for develop, its a different process than any one does local. Hope to ship out this week and have an update next week.
                            Been having this problem, have a few more shots to take on my first roll I put through a nikon f5 I picked up in November/December. Found a local lab that can do mine, but I've got a few friends who recommended reformed film lab out in FL. Haven't shot film since maybe highschool, so I can't wait to see what kind of hot garbage gets developed. I know there are a couple pics of the e30 in the pits at the last 2 track days at least. really sucks about the price hikes on film, I was really surprised when I ordered some portra 400 and got told about about the kodak price hike effective jan. 1, 2022.
                            89 325i 4dr s52
                            02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                            21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Sept 2021

Progress?

YUS.. The Final The Vintage 2021 prep time.

Finally got to LTW my rear bumper! Sourced some New rear bumper shocks, replaced all the hardware, tidy up the chassis, and installed the New bumper shrouds!

Note: The Vintage 2021 driving soundtrack CD's

The Vintage 2021
                              I should have started a new post. But, thinking back on vintage. Its always such a butt load of projects pressed to get done to the car that makes it even more exciting to how durable your work is. From one stop light country city hoping, fast high way curves, on edge carving of tail of the dragon, high speed switch backs of blue ridge, Asheville stop N go cruise or no, Blue ridge curving, and rutted washed out off road excursion... its such a great test of man and machine

Got busy, forgot photos. Here we are headed to vintage! My Camera phone was on its last leg.. so that didn't help. Excited to be back in the mountains! I wish I would have recorded mileage.

Winery!

No photos of vintage on my phone, I do have some film ill share here in the next post.

Getting a present from Johan Schwarz on the way back home, he got to drive with us on a few races last year!.

Tryin to get lost again

This road was ridiculous! Cant wait to find it again next year!

Back!

A lot of my photos didn't load to Photobucket.. not sure what happened, but don't have time to babysit it right now! But ill be back with and update with 35MM photos from the trip.

I've also updated the first page photos and spec sheet.

Progress is rolling motor will be out this week. The better Photobucket works the quicker I can get this updated.
                              Last edited by moatilliatta; 02-11-2022, 05:49 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

At the Vintage 2021 35mm edition.

Possy

Snack Time

Middle of somewhere heading back from nowhere

Enjoy

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X