No announcement yet.

[Entropy] - 21 reasons why Celebrities love this workout program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen conflicting information, a couple of pictures online and some hearsay. They don't show up in realoem on any US market pre-S54 engine that I can find (M30 and S38 have it but not the same part), only euro S50.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

726 cage looks amazing. work of art!

Lots of awesome upgrades. throttle pedal is beautiful!! brake booster reinforcement is SMART. its paper thin hymn there. Shock tower - man i was contemplating redrilling to e36 bolt pattern for more caster with slr plates configured to e36 bolt pattern. I think my caster up front is R/7.52 L/7.76 according to my last alignment - and that was the target so i've been content for now.
      89 325i 4dr s52
      02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
      21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

April 2022 AKA E30 Month

Progress? E30 Month continues, not as much progress as id like. Need more E30 in E30 month and less work.. but will manage.. life.

Valves are adjusted, took longer than I wanted too and a bag of shims were wrong so I had to shave them down a bit more then expected. Got to tired and had to finish up the next day.

Valve adjustment DONE! hopefully I wont have to do that for a while. All valves are .007 - .008 or .2MM Lash

No vanos in hand yet, but well get started

Just getting ready, nothing set yet.

While waiting on the other parts I decided to reseal and replace the detents in the gearbox. I didn't have 5th gear lean, but felt like it was too easy to leaning that way. Nylon pivot pin FTW. If you know you know.

I'm not in love with the farmer black paint job, actually its cringe worthy... but I'm not going to it change RN.

Future Teaser.

Hope to be running this weekend!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Pretty busy! So just teasers for now till I can do a proper update..

Hey Zach: You know we've been noticing you've been having a lot of hours lately
          Motors in and warmed up oil 2-4k revs

I am not crazy

You're the one thats crazy

I just wanted a matching roll bar

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2022 cond

Progress, Flat out

Things have been super busy and I don't think I was in the ind set to capture it all.
            But we did leave off with an almost done motor.

Excitingly the cam timing blocks would have put the timing right as the cam card says 105 intake / 105 Exhaust

Drop that pressurize on the vanos

Solid 8,5 travel

Install pump
            ​

Primed the engine, used a drill with and old chain cogg

Break your timing cover if you use supplied bolts, cut them down...TOOO LONG

I've seen people toss belts off due to clearance here. well see what happens.

The bolt I realized didn't have a saftey wire hole, I should have removed and drilled.. But I didn't. Ill probably take it apart later and do so...I also added a washer in their, just felt right. class 10

Ready to drop in!

Hello

Balanced FX racing chromoly flywheel

Clutch masters FX350

Used my Greece passenger side door seal that I haven't got around to for a radiator seal, worked quite good!

Getting closer

Worked on some PCV fittings

This job was a doosy but doable.

Although it came up, the rustoleum was originally for a direction and to easily get color down. it was a lot of work to prep the floor for paint, but must needed. Oil based paints don/t ever dry or work with automotive grade paints, Period.

Cont prep for painting.

TBC

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

That's a really good idea for sealing off the front of the radiator!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Yes.

Love seeing that motor in. Looks like you have the same oil cooler housing - I looped my lines also. Man you must be stoked to have this project moving right along. Motor in is a big deal ..

What are your plans for the interior floor? Looks like you used some kind of paint stripper to prep ?

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                  That's a really good idea for sealing off the front of the radiator!
                  I just have to remember to order the door seal for the passenger side I used.. I still need to duct the valance to the core support.

Originally posted by ethirtydavid View Post
                  Yes.

Love seeing that motor in. Looks like you have the same oil cooler housing - I looped my lines also. Man you must be stoked to have this project moving right along. Motor in is a big deal ..

What are your plans for the interior floor? Looks like you used some kind of paint stripper to prep ?
                  Yes. I just looped them to start the motor, since I could prime it on the stand... Currently it got a repainted, but in the future there is a truck bed style liner I can match up with paint. Right now is just to get the paint matched to something I like. Mineral spirits brought up the rustoleum best so far.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April cont
                    Prog.
                    Drive line is back in and Getting ready for Burgundy version 3.0, Gave the car a good breakin warm up and check out before dropping it on the ground.

​

​

​

​

​

BAM. The Paint mixed up from the 1927 Coupe AMBR 2013 winner has me satisfied. Its hard to tell in all the different lighting, And then you.. I.. question did they really give the the correct color code, was it that easy. But burgundy's always take a large swing in lighting as I'm sure. I'm even thinking of doing the chassis in the color and keeping the panels lachs. Another brain buster for another time.
                    ​

​

​

That moment when you think you're "Half way" because its time to reassemble.

​

Welp after after 6 months of spending hours packaging these cards up, finding a box and about $100 in packing materials.... its time to unbox with no progress of a redo - A few had poor craftsmanship that needed redone.

Watching time waste away

Due to reassembled with original screws that weren't long enough for the added leather and on the card and door pocket.. they pulled though and got to the tabs... Cut down new longer and bigger screws

Made up a repair for the tabs that actually worked alright

Iphone likes to 90* photos and photo bucket crashes when you edit them. Aint that sumthin.

Ready for reassembly of cards, The sound deadening from original install looks good and perfect thickness.

Get a coat of leather conditioner on the rears before they are behind bars for a while... Also I need to find an alternative to these hoffmeister kink grommets. They pull out way to easy.

Those things are some BS

Did a thang to the depos, just lamin-x.. And Morimoto projector retrofits. https://www.esgprints.com/ @gilber33 - Installed in the car next month.

I'm getting closer to having a hood! Sneak peek!
                    ​

​

​
                    Choosing colors.
                    ​

Work.
                    I will say I was excited and pleased of how the heat shielding came out on 726 in the muffler box and exhaust area and is now done.
                    ​

​

Some other vintage cars getting ready, E30M Standalone and carbon box, Finish interior and bits on the E24er

E38 wheels never looked so good, for the E30M

​Repair seats from AMX Poland... Mounting boss cracked...

Clean Paint reassemble.

WHOOT!
                    Last edited by moatilliatta; 06-22-2022, 06:18 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

May 2022

The end of E30 month, the beginning of The Vintage month.

As its taken some time to catch the thread up, these months are taxing on time and require lots of focus back at the shop to catch up.

Its another year with sad door card that looks like it had a stroke from Nine Stitch, I've been quiet, well see how this goes... Ill probably reach out to AMX in Poland, Ill keep this picture here for motivation to do so...
                      ​

But the Interior is back together, and this part has been drafted for a week due to how terrible Photobucket app is. If any photo fails upload.. its as you have to delete the app and start all over..
                      Here we are, seat belts, Harness, Roll bar, interior paint, is all coming together now. Loaded up ready for the DYNO

Break in and Initial tune on the M50 manifold, All went well, was getting sporadic vanos faults... Ahh

THIS IS A RUN FILE FROM THE ORIGINAL BOTTOM END WITH WRONG CAM TIMING TO NOT HIT VALVES - SAE Smoothing 5

THIS IS THE LATEST RUN FILE WITH CAM TIMING SET SQUARE ON THE NEW MOTOR WITH M50 INTAKE SAE Smoothing 5
                      + 11.5:1 Compression & 140MM rods

A breath of fresh to get out of the shop - I guess I got what I deserve, NIN. On the trip I got to pick up the hood.

And then back to shop where I excitingly and disappointingly fitted the hood, It'll needed work. fitment wise, In the end I got it pretty good after shaving down and filling with resin..

At least I got some resin to use as filler with the hood to finish it out.

But at least I had some resin laying around the shop

Break in oil, 1st change.

Finish swapping out some carbon bits.

Dialed in the alignment with all the new front bits, Running 5mm front spacers only to clear the coil adjusters with the new WIDE Falken Rt660 tires, but was able to get the track with from adjustment of the front control arms. Caster 8.5* 2705 Curb weight 1/2 Tank. Gained 40lbs from the roll bar, Harness's... Hood was only 25lb lighter (11LBS). Tires maybe a little bit heavier, fresh rubber and wider vs worn out dunlops. The reinforcement from sub frame probably added a few pounds.. Gained a few LBS in the rear of the car with the Roll bar also which helped F to R balance..

Had to make some room

Now were about 5% left with some roller needed on the upper the inner fender in the rear..

Looks like had a bit of a lash issue with the Vanos plates, I ran them on some sand paper on a flat edge and got a few thousands of the stack shaved down.Assume it was binding causing the Vanos CEL, felt better re assembled.

Another thing I'm curious if this vanos spline is deeper only letting me get 8.8MM measuring the intake reflector wheel via TIS repair.

One thing I'm not in love with is the turning radius of the DTM arms, I get about 20* steering angle, just enough to get a caster sweep. Along with the relocated tire rod pick up point this is how much rack stop I needed!

Feeling great everything is back together and finally able to get some test drives in... Vintage departure is around the corner... The new bearings are bit tight, but I can tell things are getting smoother with less resistance.

Checking out the control arm angles. We'll get some bump steer and roll center measurements later,. Maybe have to do actual bump steer tie rods later to them parallel with the control arm.

Strut top mod turn out well, we will see it it works on track.

Carbon hood is fitted about 85% and still needs a coat of clear, Did some LTW on the hood support and went together with Titanium hardware

Had to build a mount for the hood support.

Welp, there she is, Hood 11 LBS

Washed and Ready to roll, Added a windshield banner mainly to get out of the sun and swapped over the roundel. Its driving and feeling pretty good!

Work and Vintage to follow.
                      Last edited by moatilliatta; 06-29-2022, 11:33 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I love the lightening of that hood hinge bar. Torsion springs deleted as well?
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Awesome updates! Love the hood hinge!

Comment

I want that hood hinge! Can you tell me about the seat back/bottom blower setup pictured there?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

That LTW thing looks like a noodle! Must've been fun to drill it out
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Go on r3v FB and post a pic of those finished strut towers LOL I think they look great!

I remember when they were shitting on the post you did... what a bunch of 'tards
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X