X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHEM. "Clears throat"

March 2020

Progress? Not bad.

Wiring is always a big job. Once you can let your mind calm down to all the task involved, I think its pretty relaxing.

Sorting out how and if this E46 Fuse box idea would even work. But Looking good!

PHOTO

Meanwhile my 3:25 REM polished 4 clutch setup has arrived, One quirk about having a Ti. I was able to install it in there and break it in easy on the street.

Sorting wires, The last wire snipped from the E30 fuse box felt almost like when you close your browser of 50 tabs... Then 5 minutes later, everything is better.

Chugging along, Was quite frustrating to get replacement terminals and housings for most he interior connectors, So, I just starting replacing everything in Deutch DT and DTM connectors..

Replacement Indicators

I got so lucky to sort a Euro Spare Aluminum wheel in the US. Mini spare isn't a big deal, hopefully get me to the next destination, maybe slower. A nice weight saving compromise.

And a new spare tire, Continental, Made in Germany.

I can do this...

Things are starting to make sense again

Fusebox starting to fill up!

Just for fun

Houston, We have lights

Speaker, wiring and sorting

GPS Speedo

Years of hoarding motors and crap, I was able to send some core throttles in for a small credit towards my Bigger bored Throttle. Future pics of that.

OH, And the NON AC HVAC box cover will fit the AC HVAC box if you delete your ac, Future pics

Work

Finishing up another car / wiring job

Bolt bin saves my but so many times, Id like to go through and organize it more

FUN
    After years, finally got another BMX bike!

Hmm, Whats Covid, Who knew this was the beginning
    Last edited by moatilliatta; 10-07-2020, 05:16 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

That wiring job looks intense!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Intense, and very satisfying. Nice work.

I am very much looking forward to the E46 M3 ABS install... please post the details!
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

+1 on the ABS details
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Ditto on the ABS details.
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

APRIL 2020 - PT.1

Progress?
              We spent over 7 Years building the Race car E30 you see at Road Atlanta, Finally! Were doing it and well. We never meant to win. Just finish. Last year we had some hurdles that we couldn't get a rolling. This year felt different, but then all the events started canceling... Watkins Glen was to be next.. So it looked like I was able to allocate some time back to lachs!

While wiring, Trying to take care of all the little bits also.
              New side mirror motors!

The connector for my amp, I hope I can find a replacement to crimp in

Vac BBTB has returned

Sorting out my OBDII location, Yes I love the globe box flash light, But the OBDII port seems about perfect here

Fuse box coming together

Things are starting to tidy up!

Precision sound

Shortened up the wiring to the doors, Getting speaker wire ran, Had to rewire all the interior lighting.

I fought for a while of where to put the ABS unit, I Really wanted to put it on the passenger side... But to get right the engine has to come out to sweep 6 lines over. Also future S54 carbon airbox planning architecture was in mind. So I was like this should work.

Even fits my front strut tower tie in idea.

TBC

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

WORK

Plugging and chugging

Fresh steering box for an 02​​​​​​

Some pipes welded and fitted

Some valve covers and Dinan mufflers installed on 540/6

Some wheels for the E30M rehab, Cool repro Pirelli's

Another S54 E36 next do done!

Shop visitor

More April E30 to come!

Attached Files

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2020 Cont

No one really post or completes their car with Z3M trailing arms follow up with rear alignment specs...With the IE posi locks and the trailing arms bottomed out in their pockets I ended up with Zero toe. Before with the eccentric rear end I was around 1/8 out. At the time the best I could think in frustration was slotting out the pocket and milling out the posi lock slot to accommodate.

So back apart I go.

You can see the trialing arm adjusters are not maxed out but the bushing into the pocket is what gets maxed out. I was a bit surprised. Eager and frustrated I decided to just gut the pocket out and reinforce..

I had a guy lined up in Tennessee that could bend Z3M trailing arms into spec. I had no idea if mine were actually in spec or not.. But do to heath issues this fell though...

So to cutting I went

But after thinking it though I realized that I'm just hurting my sweep angle. Any toe in compensation from stock hurts sweep angle.

In frustration and more research I hope to found a fellow to bend the trailing arms into spec on car, I get to keep factory sweep and get my toe fixed!

The A part of the trailing arm rubs on the gas filler tube.. I have a better reinforcement to come.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2020 Cont

I wish I could say F it and done with DTM style arms

The whole brownie mountain
                    http://www.m3motorsport.co.nz/#!/pro...ear-suspension

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2020 Cont

Wiring:
                      Getting the dash panel sorted

Fuse box still coming together

Figuring out where things are going

Under hood harness re-wrapped

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2020 Cont

Started on my heating and cooling seat setup, This car wont have A.C. which I'm completely ok with. But will be interesting how this keeps down the swamp ass on long hot drives.
                        I got the kit from Leatherseats.com, looks to be a common kit that others re-box
                        If your vehicle did not come with heated and cooled seats and you wish it had then we have what you need! Our SANCTUM Seat Ventilation System will get the job done by keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This system provides both a heating and cooling function based on

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Interested to hear how effective that seat cooling is. Especially when wearing Nomex?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Seems to be quite surprising while testing in casual attire, Single layer suit probably would benefit more.. I'm sure not a nice on track as a racetech vented seat
                            Premium, back-mounted, FIA approved race seats for serious motorsport competition.

But for back Roads, HPDE, maybe time attack, It should do well, Especially stuck in the city.

I can do 30 min stints no problem, Usually after that is when I start sweating. I forgot cool shirt for a 1:45 stint in 90* weather. Luckily the being young thing is still working..

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

May 2020

Prog.

More on the seats, I finally ordered another kit to complete both sides, being as I wasn't sure this was going to work even on one seat.

Factory Fresh

HVAC box delete cover

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

May 2020

Prog. Cont

More wiring done! OBDII plug that connector that connects to my OBDII that is mounted to my fuse box a few post back.

Still fooling with my ABS mounting, Not that confident in its location yet.

Yaw sensor

Pull up resistor.

Had to change the logic to the ABS light on the dash panel

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X