X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• econti
    replied
    Don't sell it after all this work.
    RE the rasp, look into a Helmholtz resonator.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Looks like great E30 trips and activity’s happening! How many miles now on the New E30?

Have you thought about sound deadening in the trunk?

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Getting use out of it 🙌😎

2mAn - this is the spot for the shoot.

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Reporting in... car running well. Nice to drive it around.
    Draws quite a lot of attention, had a handful of offers. One of which really has me thinking.

I had a cluster made in the style of an E46 M3 and after ~1100km now I can confirm it's no good at night.

It looks cool in daytime, but the gauge face doesnt allow enough light pass through the numbers and there simply isnt enough contrast between light grey and white at night for the flood lighting from the bottom.
    Kind of back to the drawing board on that... Might change to black face / orange numbers

My spare wheel arrived, finally. NTM forgot to make the 5th one... so that took a while and here we are.
    Out with the BBS LM spare (🤷‍♂️) and in with the correct style

also put my old roof racks on it, which makes it much more convenient as a "daily" :)

and lastly I put the bonnet insulation in... had been holding off because it looks better without it... but it does make it quieter!

I think it's the Magnaflow cat section causing it, but the exhaust has a bit too much rasp at about 3k under load which I am not hugely a fan of, and the insulation helped damp that a bit.

Overall, just a nice thing to get around in. Very glad I got so much of it clear wrapped, makes it much less concerning about following cars for stone chips etc

a little overboard on image saturation on these ones... :)

doggo in the back is not such a hot idea but on occasions.. why not

cheers

Leave a comment:

• ba114
    replied
    Originally posted by burkey001 View Post

Ahh, you're the turbo guy!

That setup looked pretty fierce, must be a chuckle. I am in the inner south, would be interesting to see it more
    I didnt realise you had to moved to Canberra! would be very keen to check this out more at some point

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Nice work Burkey - must have been have good to have the car out.

Ah - concourse guys.... they’re a funny breed :) I agree on the fogs - I have them on my car because I like the look of them, but I haven’t ever bothered wiring them up and don’t have the dash switch for them.

Even on my e92 the fogs are pretty pathetic and I never bother turning them on - the main headlights are more than adequate.

You might have been better off taking the low mileage jap spec 318i you’ve been storing by the sounds of it!

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Originally posted by ba114 View Post

Nah didnt get a chance to unfortunately, each time i popped down you seemed pretty occupied.
    It was my first time entering a judged event like this. My car certainly wasnt in the condition they were expecting...
    Ahh, you're the turbo guy!

That setup looked pretty fierce, must be a chuckle. I am in the inner south, would be interesting to see it more

Leave a comment:

• ba114
    replied
    Originally posted by burkey001 View Post

Oh cool, did we have a chat?
    Bumped into a few forum people on the day, some folks I haven't seen in years too
    Nah didnt get a chance to unfortunately, each time i popped down you seemed pretty occupied.
    It was my first time entering a judged event like this. My car certainly wasnt in the condition they were expecting...

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Originally posted by ba114 View Post
    Saw this on the day. You've done a fantastic job and was great to be able to see a car that i have followed from start to finish on here, in the flesh!
    Oh cool, did we have a chat?
    Bumped into a few forum people on the day, some folks I haven't seen in years too

Leave a comment:

• ba114
    replied
    Saw this on the day. You've done a fantastic job and was great to be able to see a car that i have followed from start to finish on here, in the flesh!

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Hello, just a couple pics of it in real life.
    Sorry 2man, my photographer was recovering from a medical procedure and wasnt able to travel up for pics... still needs to happen, we have a spot penciled in for a magazine.

At the BMW Nationals recently.

Should have taken some more pics in hindsight, but I wasn't really feeling the day early on :)

I clearly dont know what is involved in concours judging. Folks seemed more concerned with working headlights and tail lights. Never done a car show before... The look of disapproval I got when I said I didn't have bulbs in my fog lights because the fog lights are like candles so why bother... lol :) More experienced campaigners had books printed about their car, little life size dioramas set up etc.... That's not me.
    Plus the car is about the furthest thing possible from original and unmodified, so that didn't help.
    Still, I think they felt sorry for me cos it is kinda nice, but it's not a "concours car" - i.e. an original survivor... so they gave me a "special mention award" which is a big lol because it's like when you're in primary school and they hand the dumb kids a 'participation award' :) :)

It survived a 500 mile drive from my old place to my new place like a champ, and took it on a tour around

Just glad it's finished.

Two tweaks to make
    1) the centre console slightly squeaks on the dash because the carpet is a lot thicker on that OEM, so I have some felt strips to help them be quiet
    2) the exhaust header needs a tiny bit more clearance around the steering uni. Very slight contact on hard right handers.

Leave a comment:

• MoreMayhem
    replied
    COTM? I’d nominate this for COTY!

What a journey and what a fantastic result!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Tzantushka View Post
    COTM in the making.
    Yup. Been waiting

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    WOW that thing is perfect!

Leave a comment:

• Tzantushka