Dad son project build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad son project build

Hello, I'm rather new to the E30 scene but you may have seen some of my posts asking for information haha. Anyway, I recently decided I wanted to finally listen to my dad and learn how to work on cars. I decided I wanted a E30, when after buying a poster with a E30 M3 for my apartment in college. Took me about 4 months before I found one I wanted. Me and my dad had probably looked at around 7-8 cars and test drove all of them. I had originally wanted a manual, but when I saw it I knew it would put a smile on my face.

Anyway on to the build, me and my dad are going to figure this out together one step at time! Thankfully my uncle has a lift in his new house and my cousin is a BMW tech that loves E30s so I don't have to much to fear. We're going to 5 speed swap for now, repaint the bad touch up job from the PO, go through and restore/ replace any of the suspension, brakes engine etc. Finally I'm setting my sights on lowering and adding some quality BBS wheels. My inspiration is mostly coming from fitment industries E30 build. Finally I'll be looking to swap a S52 and a 6 speed down the line!

I decided to name her Ellie.

https://imgur.com/a/xsfF1Lo

Also heres my daily incase you want to see what I'm comparing with

https://imgur.com/gallery/87wrWSY
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Awesome car, looks like a good base for a E30. Sometime I can get my dad to come out and help work on my E30's mostly he likes "testing" when I upgrade my suspension etc.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I must be looking at wrong link. Looks like two different cars:(
      1991 318is
      2004 330ci
      2011 335d

Comment

Nice bro, that's a clean looking coupe.

Comment

Welcome! Looks like a very clean car to start with.

Comment

Its the same car just got it registered and used different cameras etc haha

Comment

Not a fan of black wheels, but it seems you are so as long as you like it....
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
              Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
              Originally posted by Melon
              Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

Been awhile since I last posted. I got some new wheels that I like. JNC gold with chrome lips. I bought a new fender to replace mine that was rusted through and have sanded it down and prepped it. Went in to do routine maintenance with the timing belt water pump etc, took about a month with large intervals to get everything off and redone. Seal kept leaking so I think its not mating well. Got some sealant and a new gasket otw. Started painting my hood that had some terrible grey paint on it. It's taking awhile! Hard to do everything I want in the time after work and weekends. I got a new nardi wheel and IE hub that I'm loving. Also decided to sell my W204 09' mercedes and get another E30! I found one nearby thats a 5spd black 88IS for a steal that has a mint cardinal interior. I'll see if i want to keep both. Oh i also bought an M52 with all the hardware and am going to start rebuilding it slowly

Comment

Heres some photos
                  Attached Files

Comment

So after an eventful month, I’ve gotten new sport seats. Sold the nice comforts. Car wouldn’t start up after the new timing belt, replaced the coil, plugs wires etc. ended up being the coil thankfully. Did some more painting and have decided I could really use my uncles garage lift more haha. After the 3rd drive all back together the engine died in neutral and we had to coast back into the garage. It was leaking oil consistently, but especially every time we braked hard it would leave a nice big spot, oh well time to dig back into it. Now onto the front suspension and sourcing the oil leak.

https://imgur.com/a/iFvUr4m

Comment

Working...
                    X