Gheemer's Bimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport steering wheel?

Was thinking about getting a Renown or Momo, but stumbled across this locally for next to nothing... Bye Bye airbag!
    Attached Files
    91 325i kaschmirbeige-metallic

Comment

Loving the progress even though I can't stand black kidneys on e30s. But, you do you!

How on earth did you find a CA e30 with a crack free dash? Or did you replace it?

I plan to swap out my air bag wheel somewhere down the road. Really want an M-Tech 1.

Who doesn't!?!
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
        Loving the progress even though I can't stand black kidneys on e30s. But, you do you!

How on earth did you find a CA e30 with a crack free dash? Or did you replace it?

I plan to swap out my air bag wheel somewhere down the road. Really want an M-Tech 1.

Who doesn't!?!
        Thanks. Oh, it's cracked. Look a little closer. It's just got a very well done, pretty nice cap on it.
        Several more completed projects already, I just haven't found time to upload the pics and progress. Will post my complete cooling system redux soon. Best project yet!

Comment

Complete cooling system redux

Had read so many posts about the weaker cooling systems in the 3 series, and wasn't enjoying the significant temp gauge swings while stuck in traffic, so I decided to completely refresh and give myself some peace of mind.

Here's first sign that this was a good idea; corrosion, neglect, several original build items.

Bumped and broke the fitting on the bottom...oops :(

Clean up the old one on the grinder? - No thanks.

New stuff! If I have to touch it, then I'm replacing it!

Like everybody else, I had to figure out how to loosen the fuel rail to get the thermostat housing out, then back in...

Ahhh, nice and tidy. much more confident driving in traffic in this summer searing heat! Temp gauge solid, lower temp thermostat too...!

Attached Files
          Last edited by gheemer; 07-14-2019, 09:39 AM. Reason: better photo

Comment

Weekend warrior project... valve cover

All new belts, hoses, plug wires, radiator... sure made that valve cover look pretty tired! :( Here's a simple, and cheap, weekend project.

Spare gasket I had... Quick trip to Walmart...

Remove, clean... Paint! Several coats later.... can't believe my wife let me bake this in the oven! What she doesn't know won't hurt her! :devil:

Sand... painter's tape here and there helps prevent scuffing...

Install complete!

... now that intake manifold suddenly looks like a sore thumb... Add it to the list.
            Attached Files

Comment

New kidney grills just a little loose

Most of these OEM-like replacements just don't quite fit right. Got an idea... Decided to snug these up so they wouldn't rattle.

Drilled a small hole... dug out some zipties...

Snip off the ends... Voila!

Can't see unless you're down there looking for them!

Attached Files

Comment

Not a bad looking E30!... keep the updates coming
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                Originally posted by Melon
                Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

Comment

The work you had done at Korman auto is cool. I buy a lot of parts from them when I am in Greensboro for my e30.....great bunch of guys there... Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by 325isman View Post
                    The work you had done at Korman auto is cool. I buy a lot of parts from them when I am in Greensboro for my e30.....great bunch of guys there... Keep up the good work.
                    Thanks! Saving for my next Korman project, just not sure what... I really enjoy doing my own work, but it is such a cool place with terrific folks... I even had a chance to meet and talk Bimmers with the legend himself, Mr Ray Korman!

Hope this isn't too shameless of a plug...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Electrical connectors... aarrghh!

So what happens when you disconnect some parts and components on a 28 yr old car? Yeah... connectors disintegrate in your hand like a year old sugar cookie crumbles...

No joy finding this connector so I could replace it, so whole new sensor from the motherland - $$$ ouch! :( No joy so far on this site either. Anyone out there have a good source for electrical connectors?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X