No announcement yet.

★★★★Project Tracy★★★★ Wideband AFR - New product -ready to ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you said it, you got yourself in a pinch. Hurry and crank some out!!!!!
    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Isn't that gauge driven by a PWM driver? Also, how are you planning on attacking the later style cluster that integrate the SI board vs. the older model clusters that can simply have a jumper put in place and still work sans SI board? From what I have found, to be able to remove the board from the later model clusters, you would need to replace all of the drivers with an aftermarket device (the tach circuit I know for a fact will not work on a later model cluster without the driver that is on the SI board).
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by bender View Post
        thought the two independent coils that control the meter were a little wacky. whats the easy solution for this?
        Do you really want to know?

There are three basic pieces: a magnet and pointer attached to a freely rotating axle, and two coils, each oriented at a right angle with respect to the other. The only moving part in this meter is the axle assembly. The magnet will tend to align itself with the vector sum of H fields of each coil, where H is the magnetic field strength vector. If, for instance, a current passes through the cosine coil the magnet will align its magnetic axis with the coil's H field. Similarly, a current in the sine coil. If currents are applied simultaneously to both sine and cosine coils, the magnet will turn to the direction of the vector sum of the two H fields. H is proportional to the voltage applied to a coil. Therefore, by varying both the polarity and magnitude of the coil voltages the axle assembly can be made to rotate a full 360 degrees.
        It's not a normal "gauge" - It's a special device called an "air-core" motor.

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
        Isn't that gauge driven by a PWM driver?
        See above. I might let the stock electronics drive the gauge and provide the cluster with a new signal, or I might drive the gauge directly.

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
        Also, how are you planning on attacking the later style cluster that integrate the SI board vs. the older model clusters that can simply have a jumper put in place and still work sans SI board?
        Not a problem AFAIK - I won't be touching the SI board for this.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Haha, I know I'm a nerd because I understood that explanation. Physics and EE class might come in handy after all.

Comment

could you make a Formula one type rev indicator(shift light) using the oil service indicator light? I would first in line to get one if you do.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineEdirty View Post
              could you make a Formula one type rev indicator(shift light) using the oil service indicator light?
              Meh, you already have a perfectly good tachometer - Why mess with a good thing?

It's best to never even look at the tachometer when shifting. Learn the sound of your motor first, and you are golden.

Oil pressure, temp, boost, volt, AFR, ect...That's something that is useful to know.

If I mess with the Si lights, it will be something useful. See what I am saying?
              Last edited by george graves; 07-03-2008, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I finished the design for a prototype of the hazard/defrost "bar graph" led boost gauge tonight. And I'm testing it with a numeric display soon. It seems in a rush to order parts, I spec'ed the wrong part from my vendor. So, I'm looking forward to more parts coming in as soon as my paypal account recovers - I've been on vacation for the last 2 weeks. Sorry for the delay.

Comment

still planning on the wide band (numerical readout) hazard button?
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Very much so. It takes a bit more of circuitry but very doable.

Comment

Sweet deal.

So George whats your take on the vac + boost gauge? Reading through tuning manuals and stuff, tuning for max vacuum is a very good indicator of how well the motor is running. The Vac addition might be a deciding factor for someone like me who tunes their own car.

Jon, i know SI indicator sucks pretty hard. If you pull the board out, you can see that the display is just that, it has nothing to do with the circuitry of the board or how it functions. Just cut it off and leave the board in there!! I did and everything still works fine.
                      -Chris

Comment

Wow. Glad this is getting updated. Looks awesome.

Just tell me when and where to send money.

'88 325is
                        VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                        BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Ely (rs4pro3) saw the work I did with the gauges and asked if I could make him an replica of an Alpina full face gauge. So I did.

The colors might need tweaking, it depends on what it is being printed with. Ideally, a color laser or better.

Here is a link to the download(300 dpi). If anyone is interested, they can download them here:

http://www.digitalunderpants.com/ely/300DPI.tif

Enjoy. BTW - You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Comment

WOW!!

when in production I would take a AFR ratio gauge with numeric readout? if possible, voltmeter gauge,

you sir are an Electronics pimp!!!

keep us updated and what do you expect to charge?

Comment

wow I havent checked this thread ina while. Boy was I missing out. I have always wanted to get into electronics like this but have never had the time or the place to start. Awesome work on all these projects... I am very interested in a LOW of them.

as I have said before my dream cluster is...

1: Service lights replaced by sequential shift light
                              2: mpg meter replaced by amber/black lcd like in the new bmws... the display gives oil temp/press, afr, fuel press, voltage, AIT, ect. with scrollable displays.
                              3: programable warning lights triggered by values from the lcd.
                              4: Coolant temp gauge that measures acurately in real units(not blue/middle/red)
                              ... and an 8k tach
                              e30sport.net
                              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Wow, this is frickin AWESOME:

Count me in for a wideband O2 using this. I'm always worried about running too lean. Oil temp fine too if you go that route instead. Ready to Paypal whenever...

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Working...
                                X