• GOOBER
    replied
    updatez!??

Any pics of the tailgate finished?

Leave a comment:

• mikeday
    replied
    Originally posted by 325ix View Post
    wow great project. Thats interesting how well hte cab lines up with the back of the car
    It took some work but it does line up pretty good now.

Originally posted by Colorlesss View Post
    may have been asked. but how do you keep a cut up e30 turned into a truck legally on the streets ?
    As far as the registry is concerned it is just a 325es.... no one needs to know ;)

I got pulled over for a tail light once and the cop was pumped haha

Leave a comment:

• Colorlesss
    replied
    may have been asked. but how do you keep a cut up e30 turned into a truck legally on the streets ?

Leave a comment:

• 325ix
    replied
    wow great project. Thats interesting how well hte cab lines up with the back of the car

Leave a comment:

• mikeday
    replied
    No updates at the moment, its hibernating in the back of my garage as we speak. It really only needs the paint prep and some tuning....

I've been playing with this for a bit.

Keeps the 5 out of the snow ;)

Leave a comment:

• 88driftIS
    replied
    to the guy asking about ride quality with the civic springs. I have just the springs in mine without the adjusters and a stock perch. Lowers it nicely and it does ride pretty good considering they are pretty stiff.

Leave a comment:

• bimmer_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by imdashiz View Post
    updates? vids? anything?

Leave a comment:

• idriverealslow
    replied
    dirty project. shoulda made a diy book on it tho ;)

Leave a comment:

• N2MYE30
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• imdashiz
    replied
    updates? vids? anything?

Leave a comment:

• mikeday
    replied
    Originally posted by noE30 View Post
    the truck looks awesome. I don't know if this was answered earlier in the thread or not (didn't read it all) but is the chassis much more weaker/less stiff because the back end is mostly cut out?
    It would have been, but i braced and reinforced the back of the car with tubing. It has virtually no flex right now, even when driving with engines in the back ;)

Leave a comment:

• noE30
    replied
    the truck looks awesome. I don't know if this was answered earlier in the thread or not (didn't read it all) but is the chassis much more weaker/less stiff because the back end is mostly cut out?

Leave a comment:

• mikeday
    replied
    Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
    Any updates on this????
    nothing really fun at the moment, just playing with MS...

It will be making it to bav auto this year for anyone thats interested.

The bodywork is semi low priority until i get my new winter beater up and running, after that i'll get back to work. I don't intend on taking either bmw out in the snow this year...

Leave a comment:

• Luis325
    replied
    Any updates on this????

Leave a comment:

• DaNewz Is
    replied
    I just found this today and I'm speechless. That is sick as hell. Very pimp:pimp:. By the way I skipped about 3 pages while reading threw this and maybe I missed it but how was the ride quality with those civic springs?

Quote whatt18yahoo: think it'd be fun to do this to a e32 750il.

Make a 4door truck next;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X