1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    What did you use for paint/clear on the bumper and valence? The colour match looks very good!
    Yes the color match is very acceptable .
    i have use Ppg water base paint and 2k clearcoat.
    Both shoot with spray gun .
    ive been car painter for 8-9years. It helps !

Comment

bummer about the repair, but it almost seems that you're happier if you have something to repair...

Comment

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
        bummer about the repair, but it almost seems that you're happier if you have something to repair...
        haha , I can clearly tell you that , when i broke it , i was not happy at all hahah!

Comment

Love this progress, excited to see the turbo progress. What are the plans there?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Love this progress, excited to see the turbo progress. What are the plans there?
            Thanks !!

plan number one : trying to keep some reliability .(HAHAHA)

seriously. My turbo plan is :
            pushing around 14-16 psi with hx35w turbo
            fmic
            external wastegate
            custom intake/piping/exaust
            Oem bmw head gasket
            Arp head stud

and hope to have something between 300-350 whp an tq.

finger crossed!

Comment

Lately I have dismantle the engine partially in order to install the new Oem head gasket and ARP head stud I have to be honest, I’m little scare to put back together everything and make it run ! Especially all the cooling and vaccum line . But I keep in mind that I will have my actual engine (one in the car) to help me ! First time to me to open an engine . Is this mark (cross marks) on the cylinder mean that the engine has been refresh or it can from the factory? Reminder , this engine only avec 161000km ! Head look very clean ! Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

I have start to clean parts from the engine . Everything is so messy greassy ! While putting this engine turbo , I want to make it as clean as possible and the most important , LEAK FREE ! Will it be possible ? I will change pretty much every gasket/seal/oring that pass through my hand. For the turbo oil feed , thread was added to the banjo bolt. (Fitting is 1/4 ntp to An4) Misc part from the engine refreshed with satin black . I also wrinkle paint my valve cover with great result! When the paint will be dry , I will sand the the paint off the line and BMW!

Comment

After sanding the top of the cover with : 80-120-180-320 grit , the result is awesome ! Very happy about it !

Comment

Looks really good!

Did you sand it by hand/with a block or? What paint did you use for the wrinkle look?

Comment

Thanks !
                      i use « VHT wrinkle paint » spray can . Very easy to use

fornthe sanding i did it by hand with bloc . Took me about 30 min to sand , not so long for the result!

Comment

Those parts cleaned up nicely. And that valve cover looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                          Those parts cleaned up nicely. And that valve cover looks awesome!
                          Thanks Mikes ! It was a very messy job get everything good and clean ! I finish to prep the head .( cleaning, old gasket removal , surface prep for new gasket) The bloc is also ready to have the new Oem HG. I have prep de bloc with 3m bristle disk. I ensuite up using the white one which is equivalent to 120grit or so. Those bristle disk are very hard to find.. if it can help , here is the 3M part Number :07528 The oil pan came back from the welder. -An10 bung welded for oil drain Rear main seal replace and back of the engine cleaned! Fresh new oil pan gasket And to secure my work , new tool coming in the tool box ! Digital gearwrench torque wrench I hope I doing thing right .. this is my first engine build , definitely a big learning expérience !

Comment

cylinder walls and head look really good!
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              cylinder walls and head look really good!
                              Yes ! I think they are good, engine only a have 160000km and head as been full rebuilt+ machined 3000km ago . I didn’t make de head resurfaced since it only have 3000km . I cross my finger that she’s not warped! Today I have put de head back on Chase thread on the bloc Lubricated Arp stud with their « ultra-torque » Thread them handtight Put the head Put the washer and nut Torque them 3 time in recommended sequence up to 70 ft/lb Brand new Graf water pump , gates belts and all the misc things related to water pump

Comment

you better baffle that oil pan and put in a crank scraper while the engine is out. Don't screw that engine build by forgetting those two key parts.
                                Paynemw
                                1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                                the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                                1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Working...
                                X