No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint looks great! This is really turning into an amazing build.

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
      Paint looks great! This is really turning into an amazing build.
      thanks !
      I’m happy with the color !

Comment

Lots of time , not much work done haha! Reassembling take more time than expected ! Since I have remove all the Abs systeme, I need to redo some of the brake line . Luckily the e30 master cylinder have 2 port . I made line from : 1 port to the ´T` ´T’ to front left galiper ´T’ to front right caliper 2nd port to the proportioning valve . Kind of difficult to picture . I really hope that all this line will be ok because it was real pita to bolt even with the engine out ..! I also reinstall the positive terminal and relative wire Before paint I have made hole for the piping to go through , and now I have put some rubber around to protect the piping from rubbing and it look nicer too ! I also finish the e46 steering rack conversion . I use the garagistic spacer/bolt kit . I also re-use the e30 tierod In/out since there are new from last winter . The e46 rack is vented trough the thread on the tierod In so I cut a Chanel in the e30 ones for the breathing . I also grind off the steering join and install the bushing for the shortening purpose. All ready to get together Put the spacer on the subframe This is it for now . I have my clutch in order . Shoul receive it by the next 10 days. Spec stage 2+ . This is the last pièces I need before putting back the engine/tranny on the car !

Comment

Still lot and lots of time , not more fowarding.! It’s crazy how those e30 take our time So , lastly I put back the front harness . Doing some cleaning and relocating for a cleaner look . I did not cut anything to keep the harness full oem just in case . I put the relay harness and HId ballast behind the fender for a cleaner look in the engine bay . I don’t have other picture of the harness relocation.. I still not receive my clutch kit so the engine can’t go back in place . I have spend some time on the gauge . Autometer boost gauge and AEM wideband. To keep a « stock » looking I went with the vent pod. Unfortunately the wideband have a bigger bezel and do not fit so I have to grind a little de vent pod. Since it not usual gauge pod , I have to make braket to hold them in place . They are in place temporary just for the test fit ! For now , I don’t now if I had other gauge but if I need it , I don’t where I will put them.. maybe an oil press and oil temps .. I have painted the hood hinges I also spend lots of time on the valence and the venting of the rad/oil cooler/intercooler . I made some wind deflector like oem but in aluminium for more strenghness and to fit the new components . Then add the IC and OC Time for cutting the valence . I not pictured all the trimming I have so but it have here and there grinding and trimming to fit in place . Cut the center for venting and cut the « line » in the middle of the IC for a better look. Now , it just need some little body work and paint to a oem look! This is it for now. Next : -Made wind deflector for the lower portion of the valence with the IC. -installer the fender -valence bodywork/paint -start wiring the gauge

Comment

Hood news ! I ha e something to share ! About the valence , I have finish the bodywork and have it primed , rock guard and paint it . I have done this modification for little improvement with the venting the IC , but mostly to the look. It is différent and the way it turn out , look oem! Also , made the wind diffuser for the lower part of the valence . I have receive my new clutch , Spec stage 2+ , rated for 400wtq. Also remove/replace the pilot bearing with the bread tricks , work very well, took about 1 min to get out! Then , install the flywheel and the clutch , but no pictures.. alors put back the trans on the engine and put back the engine in ! Now time to plug back everything and works on the electronic mod for the turbo/megasquirt..!

Comment

You're making some seriously quick progress
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                You're making some seriously quick progress
                Thanks ,
                Yes , I spend at least 1.5hour on it every day .
                I try to plan the work that need to be done in advance .
                then order/buy the part and stuff I will need and importantly , follow the « plan » . This way it goes well!
                i almost never skip a step and have 2-3 thing started at the same time .

Comment

I came closer and closer to an engine start! I put back almost every oem electronic on the engine . I also relocate de Ingition coil on the driver side because it doesn’t fit now because of the turbo . I made a vacuum distributor . The goal of this is to make all the vacuum at one place instead of everywhere in the engine bay . Trying to avoid the spaghetti look lol ...! Port is : One IN -blow off, -ecu -boost gage -one spare blocked. I still dosent understand why some e30 have 1vacuum for the brake booster and some have 2.. in my case there are two so I route 2 vacuum line to the check valve If you look carefully , I put the relay box with the brake fluid . Now time to wired and install the Wideband and the boost solenoid Electricity and wiring is really not my cup of tea.. it take so much time and most of the time, it doesn’t look good . To be continued !

Comment

How are you planning to plumb your boost controller? I typically see the third port vented to atmosphere. I'm also a bit surprised turbosmart didn't provide brass fittings, seems like a cheap longevity upgrade!

Wicked progress so far!

Comment

About the cheap plastic fitting .. I know they look brittle but , it is the only one I have. I baught the solenoid used(never installed but still from someone instead from turbosmart) Im having hard time findind the right brass fitting so I’ll give it a try anyway.. For the plumbing , il will plumb it like this diagram I’ve seen other route for the plumbing but my wastegate have 2 port , I think this is the best way. If anyone avec any clue about the plumbing , I’m open ! Haha

Comment

Another update ! The more I work on the car , to closer I get to start the engine ! So , I have receive back my Intercooler piping from the welder. He weld the bung for IAT, the pipe for the ICV and the adapter for the BOV. I also ask he to weld a little lip on the pipe that I’ve cut from the fitting process . + wrinkle black it ! The other day I was looking at how I will make the downpipe and dump tube for the wastegate and I réalise, it to tight . At first I didn’t want to cut anything more in the bay , but I have no choice ..I have to make room for the 3” DP As you can see , I also install the mishimoto compact catch can . I made the braket myself since the one provide does not suit my location.. The engine bay is almost at his final look ! Then was the time for the megasquirt . It took way much time than expected and I don’t even have the final result to show you . Anyway , important to say , I want the Megasquirt in the same spot of the oem ecu , and I also want fixed the same way the oem ecu. This is a little challenge because the MS is bigger . Since it is « plug and play » I don’t have many wiring to make . The oem connector fit directly onto the megasquirt , good thing ! But since I want the WB and the boost solenoid to be control by the MS , I have to use the « option connector » and pin it the right way following this chart For the boost solenoid i use the pin 6 and 7. For the WB I use the pin 21-22 The oem bracket for the Ecu do not fit with the MS , it is to small. So I made Custom braket out of aluminum sheet I do not have the final result pictures because I’m waiting to receive the DB9->usb wire that I want to be permanently connected to the MS. This is it for now Next : Put back radiator and hoses ——plumb the wastegate with the solenoid——make the downpipe——make the dumptube—— make the setting in tuner studio ton suit my mod and try to start the engine !

Comment

pretty psyched to hear this at full song

Comment

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
                            pretty psyched to hear this at full song
                            What do you mean ?!

Comment

I love seeing updates on your build.

Comment

what I mean is that I wanna hear it make the turbo spool

Comment

Working...
                                X