No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome - really appreciate the detailed posts and all of the photos.

Comment

The rear strut brace looks awesome, given it sounds like you have limited tooling. Wish I had to patience, tooling and skill to paint as well as you do. I've got a few things on the back burner waiting for paint.
      IG: https://www.instagram.com/josh.stacey/
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133952286@N03/

Comment

Looking good. You have really done some excellent fabrication.

I really like the picture of it on jackstands in the cleaned up garage.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by Iloveboost View Post
          another day , another update !

i wish this thread have been more replied than this,
          maybe it's because my english is hard to read ?? i am french, i do my best !!
          Your english is fine. I've been enjoying this thread immensely. I love the photos of the parts laid out before and after refurbishment. I just don't reply after each update. Keep up the great work!

Comment

wow ! thank you every one ! that warm my heart hahahah !

someone ask about what wheel i will put on the car. this is a good question..
            at the moment , i really dont know, i dont have any (just have the oem 14 )

i am looking the use market locally and trying to find something that suit my taste.
            i kind of love classic looking wheel. bbs, ssr, ccw.. but i will not buy the real one... i dont have 2-3000$ right now to put on the wheel setup..

one thing sure, i will not go to the STANCE game.. been there with my last car. it give a great look for sure, but the practical side take a big shot..
            i want to be able to drive the car plenfully and dont be stress out by police or constrcution site ( where the road are bad)

probably going to be 16 x7 or 16x8 with +20 offset. that what i am looking right now..!

here is 3 picture of my last car, mazda speed 3.. it give me good time back in the day , i'm happy to have done it, but since i am older (haha) with kids now, the reason is the way to go..!

Comment

I'm not sure how I haven't seen this thread more! great work! this thing is going to be super good! Thank you so much for sharing despite the lack of responses. Good thing we do this for more than the gram.

Comment

Incredible work with the rust repair and attention to detail with the suspension rebuild. Keep it up!

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Glad I finally clicked on this thread! So much great progress, motivating me to update my own thread now. ha
                  sigpic

Comment

This thread is amazing ! keep up the good work

Comment

Can't wait to see your car on the ground. The stuff you have done to your suspension is exactly what I want to do to my car once its rust free.

Comment

Subscribed. Awesome work! I love what you are doing, it all looks great! Your metal work and fabrication looks great! And glad my backing plates worked out for you! Makes me want to overhaul and powder coat all my brakes.
                        "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                        Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

wow, thanks everyone, can't ask more about the forum comunity !
                          i do my best with what i have for this car.

in the past few day i started to clean up my engine bay. since it will be stock for this year. i still want it clean looking.
                          did a engine shampoo.
                          then remove my valve cover.

scuff it to remove all the greasy stuff and prepare it for the paint.
                          i do not have make an original paint on it but , it si clean and the paint came out very good !

i'm very happy with the result ! could not ask to be more wrinkle hahha!!

the other day while surfing on the web, i found someone who paint the yellow on his taillight.
                          i taught it was a good idea. so i did it !

for this little job i :
                          sand the whole taillight
                          tape it
                          paint the yellow flasher
                          paint 1 coat of red over the whole tailight to match the newly red corner
                          tint-clearcoated the whole light 2 coat
                          clearcoart ( clear) 1 final coat.

for the tinted clearcoat, in my clear mixture, i put few drop of black basecoat. it darkened the clearcoat and then the light.

it make a way better job than ''nighshade'' since it is very gloss and i can adjust the dark tone i want.

the next step will be to wetsand it and polish it to get a mirroir finish !

Comment

nice work! i ended up using a candy red and then a 2k clear on my taillights. It laid down so nice i didn't even have to polish them or anything. So far they haven't faded even a little.

Comment

I agree with everyone above, your fabrication skills are top notch. I love that you're renewing old rusty parts rather than just buying everything brand new, makes the before and after pics all the more rewarding. Also thanks for showing the process, makes picking up little tips and tricks here and there possible. Keep it up!
                              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                                I agree with everyone above, your fabrication skills are top notch. I love that you're renewing old rusty parts rather than just buying everything brand new, makes the before and after pics all the more rewarding. Also thanks for showing the process, makes picking up little tips and tricks here and there possible. Keep it up!
                                thanks ! it is very rewardin to me when i compare the old with the new !

today i have polish my taillight.
                                i sanded it 1000-1500-2000 grit and then polish it with my makita buffer ( the best IMO)

i really like the little darker tone i gave to the light !

i also paint the front lip and the rear spoiler. in the process i decide to paint the front lower valence to have a better color match with the lip.( and make a little repair too )

it very better now than before !!

Comment

Working...
                                X