No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this may be my favorite build on this forum. The detail, pictures and effort put in are very admirable. Good work all around
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Yeah that grill has to go. Love the rest!
      1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
      COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
        I think this may be my favorite build on this forum. The detail, pictures and effort put in are very admirable. Good work all around
        WoW ! I really appreciate what you said .
        since there are many other thread that are really amazing , I am happy that you like my work !

thanks a lot !!

so Pootis, the grill is not « your cup of tea » haha ?

Comment

Awesome job , excellent work I'm about to start my build on my 1987 325 is and also a fellow Canadian from Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Things are pretty calm for the e30 since the covid crisis.. I am at home full time with child so not much time fund to haha ! Anyway . I receive and install the new wheel stud conversion from « Motorsport hardware » If you remember , I have already one set installed buy with some taught , i start thinking that maybe they were not good quality ( buy form eBay no named brand) Anyway I sold them I buy good one. I want that kind of part to be very good and safe ! Also receive my 10mm hubcentric spacer but , they don’t fit ( anyone expérience something like this before ??) The end of the « hubcentric » touch the hub end before the disk. I am in talk we the seller

Comment

I think the wheel spacer need to be minimum 15mm for the hibcentric . I had a similar problem and 15mm was too wide so I went with 5mm non hubcentric and the wheel will still fit on the hub .

Comment

I can't say enough how satisfying that rust repair was to see. Love your shifter mod too. It really shows how much you're enjoying the process of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
                  I can't say enough how satisfying that rust repair was to see. Love your shifter mod too. It really shows how much you're enjoying the process of it all.
                  You said right ! It was a fun part for me to get rid of all that rust and looking like new again ! Thanks ! For the spacer , after further taught , the hub lip is more than 10mm so never it will be possible to put 10mm hubcentric on e30 . I will return them .. Since day one the car have taillight lightning issue. Never been on the case but now I have spent some time on the problem . Happily , I found the problème and resolve the issue ! -clean the ground g300 spot ( doesn’t help...) -clean the light circuit board -clean the connector terminal -rewire the ground for the taillight Voilà ! Works like new ! Before/after Before After Don’t have any other pics but , just assume the light work properly haha !

Comment

You can run a hubcentric spacer under 10 mm on an e30 you may just have to shave the rear hub down a little
                    1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                      You can run a hubcentric spacer under 10 mm on an e30 you may just have to shave the rear hub down a little
                      That what I taught , but spacer are already « yolo » thing , grind of the hub to put spacer ... maybe it a sign to buy proper wheel or bigger spacer hahahah !

i have in mind to put 10mm spacer to give me more chance with my wheel research .

anyway , it still one month before I can put the car on the street ( still lots of snow and calcium here one the street )

i have done everything that I was planned and more with the e30 this winter .. believe it or not . I have nothing to do on it ..!

boring !! Hahaha !

Comment

Its been a long since my last update.. Unfortunately i have nothing to do on the car! Hard to beleive but with the actual global situation , everything is on hold on my case. I still have done a couple of thing but not worth picturing it like: Adjust the headlight Fix cooling issue Deep interior cleaning Provisory wheel alignement Put 10mm spacer( yes i did it.. have to grind the hub a little 1-2 mm to make the 10mm hubcentric fit properly) And get new wheel. I habe make a deal with a friend who own an e30 : my diy front strutbar in exchange of his wheel. The wheel are not agressive and not in so good condition but price to price they cost me 25$ The price the strut cost me to build) Since the wheel are juste for this year , i will refurbish it fast and good for a decent looking . Spec are : 16x7 +40 +10mm spacer . Nothing crazy but my e30 will not be in any case a stanced/unfunctional car .

Comment

Those are going to look like booty imo. Also have you confirmed 16x7 +30 will even bolt up? Take a look at my thread. My wheels are 16x7.5 +10 I believe. Your car but I don't think those are worth putting money into

Comment

Yes they fit .
                            they are tight where the front strut but i still habe 6-7 mm left between the strut and the rims .

My tire will be 205-45-16 so with 7“ rims , the tire will be pretty straight...

everything is « suppose » to fit !
                            finger crossed

the whole rims + refurbish will have cost me 60$ for 4 wheel ... i sure give it a try !

Comment

Finish up to refresh my wheel. Can’t ask better result for a cheap/fast and all spray can job ! The process : -cleaning -repair the curb rash -sanding -primer -sanding primer -color -paint Relatively simple process but take some time for sure ! Sanding wheel is very long and hard on the finger ! Just need to refresh the centercap aswell and put the tire on ! Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

looks like a pretty nice refinish. Ive done a couple sets of wheels and have no interest in doing it ever again. Keep it up!
                                "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                                Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Working...
                                X