No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This build is something else. The detail like everyone else is saying is great and I’ve been following you since day one!! I just love the commitment you have to fixing everything little thing that’s not up to your standards with the car. Really inspirational. Anyway, looking forward to more updates

Comment

Originally posted by Cablanedo View Post
      This build is something else. The detail like everyone else is saying is great and I’ve been following you since day one!! I just love the commitment you have to fixing everything little thing that’s not up to your standards with the car. Really inspirational. Anyway, looking forward to more updates
      WoW thanks man , this is really fun to read ! It mean you don’t just look at the picture but you also read !

i do my best for this car and it is great that you guys appreciate the good work !

Comment

little update for today !

at first, as someone ask about the ''dye' for the steering wheel, here it it

i do not expect long life result with the product but i give it a try !

in the last few days i made myself a front strut bar . i know they not cost much but for me ( canadian dollar) it most likely about 160-180$ for the basic one like garagistic. so i made one for about 25$ paint include.

still working with cardboard for the template hahaha!!

the grinder do nut cut like a plasma cutter so the first result is little rought,

i bolt them together to trim it as 2 identical pieces

then bolt them in place and start working on the tubing.

to bend the tube, i went the easy way since i do not have mendrel bent machine at home lol...
        make a groove about 1/2 deep of the tube , it was very easy to bend ( welding back when achieve the good angle)

for the end of the tube, to fit on the top plate , i still go for the easy way since i am not so good with guess and imagine wich angle to cut..
        cardboard template level 2 !

it work perfectly! nice snug fit

tack everything in place, then remove it to finish the welding and prep it for paint.

i have paint it red with MATTE clearcoat ( same as the rear one )

install it

pretty proud of the result !

the weld are sure not TIG , but should be strong enough !

this is 3.5hours godd invested !

Comment

Wow... for $25 that's a decent result. Following this thread makes me feel really lazy.
          IG: https://www.instagram.com/josh.stacey/
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133952286@N03/

Comment

Impressive.
            And impressive on the 3D Cardboard Aided Design!
            E30 320i vert
            But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

little update !

i refresh the look of the front grill by :
              clean them
              scuff it with sotchbrite
              adesion promoter
              trim black by SEM

reassemble the centergrill

i receive my DEPO new headlight. i know they are not like the HELLA smiley but for half the price, ( new vs used) i give it a try !

( for those who want to know. they look cheap.. not quality and solide to compare with oem hella or bosch..)at least the lens are Glass !

i had to swich the conector from sealbeam to 9005/9006.
              good thing i have some connector laying around in the garage !

i give a little coat of trim black on the moulding on the bumper the lazy way.. ( not remove them)

( did the rear one as well)

i polish the front flasher lens.
              the picture show the before ( 270000 km of use ) vs the polish one
              sanded - 800-1000-1500-2000 then polish it !

the front end came out good looking !

i want to mention that almost everything i do for the ''look'' of the car(exept the rust repair than i do 100% correctly), i dont do it by my standard. i mean. since i will change the color of the car next winter, i dont go all in with the paint and touch-up here and there . i use economy materiel to have the eye-catching good looking.

i still do thing the good way .
              in the end, the e30 look incredible in compare of many others.

when i will do the color change, i will do the thing the way i want with better product and no corner will be cut !

last thing. i spend little time in the past few days to look about other build. some are crazy ! like jordan one and 2-3 other who almost do the same. it amazing ! i wish one day i could do the same !

Comment

Just making test with tapatalk ( since day one I make this thread by going with my PC ) If this work it will be very easy/faster for me to make the updates !

Comment

very nice makes me want to work on my e30 that just sitting.

Comment

I've always been tempted to pickup a set of depo lights but heard quality and cutoff are bad. Not sure I'm digging the color matched grill but interested to see it installed. That's the first thing I have questioned in your build so far. Excellent work
                    1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                    COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                      I've always been tempted to pickup a set of depo lights but heard quality and cutoff are bad. Not sure I'm digging the color matched grill but interested to see it installed. That's the first thing I have questioned in your build so far. Excellent work
                      The Depo light quality is not as good as oem but certainly much better than any « eBay style » other light.

Depo is still a good brand on the aftermarket light world .
                      for the price , I can’t complain . If they don’t last long . I will certainly buy some froid use oem ( hope to not learn that way haha)

for the grill , I’m not sur about it too .
                      My chrome one was very used and stonechiped.
                      i bought some all back one and didn’t like the look .
                      sinxe i cant make chrome by my self , the easy way was to paint it . if I can’t live with it , I will endure it for this summer and when I will make the complete color change I will add the front grill in the (already very long) list of new parts to order !

i will update bette view picture when I will finish polish it ( explain later )

Comment

FYI most Hella smiley low beam parts interchange with the Depo smileys. The Depo is pretty much a direct knockoff of the Hella part, I think nearly all of it is interchangeable
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Very little update ! I have polish the car (counpound) . It was very needed because the car has accumulate lot of paint fume during the winter even if I have protected it . So I wash the car with solvent mask every black thing, Buff it with my makita and then wax it. It was not a real 3 step counpound. I did only one step since 3step was not needed + I hate doing this haha ! I have come to conclusion that maybe I will not be able to get fresh new wheel and tire for the season opening so I give a little refresh to my oem wheel . I know it’s on winter tire but there almost gone and I planed to get new wheel buy the end of April . I do not have full picture by now but here is how it sit ! I will take the car outside to get better picture of the whole car in the next days ! Im in the process of deleeting the DRL. Since my car is Canadian , the drl is factory install . I want to get rid of it. Can someone tell me how ? I have made many research without result. Thanks !

Comment

I have taken few minute to get the car outside for better all around picture ! I am very happy about the result of all my work ! Difficult to believe that more than 300hours has been put on the car when I compare to the « before » . All the little thing I have change make the car looking prefect to my taste( beside the wheel that I will change soon)

Comment

Car looks fantastic, and looks like it's finally warming up a bit weather wise. Hope you can get out and show it off now
                              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                                Car looks fantastic, and looks like it's finally warming up a bit weather wise. Hope you can get out and show it off now
                                The last 3 pictures are the « before »...

Comment

Working...
                                X