No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Time no see! Still nothing interesting to show ... but i can show you the car how it look with the rims on ! The wheel are Not very agressive . Specs are : 16x7 +30 Tires : Dunlop direza 205-45-16 It will do the job for this summer. I got my Windows tint also ! It hide Very well the children seat ! The next plan is to save money and buy part here and there for the next winter project. Turboing the m20 Complete color change. Since there, I just enjoy the car ! Really love it !

Comment

The wheels look a lot better than I expected ... nice work!
      Zelig the Zinno • 300k and counting
      http://instagram.com/zelig.the.zinno

Comment

Looking good!!! Info on the rear add on bumper??

Comment

Originally posted by prisonerofdoom83 View Post
          Looking good!!! Info on the rear add on bumper??
          Its just the OEM late model rear valence painted.

Wheels dont look bad, tires are a little small. 205/50/16 or 225/45/16 would be better
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

like replace the ''T'' and small brake line,
            remake the brake line braket ( the were too rusted ),
            repair some rust
            make full brake line from front to rear
            make 3 metal fuel line.

this was a challenge to bent everything like oem to make the same route as oem one. brake line bent easy but fuel line damn...they give me hard time ..!

Hello - solid work on your E30! If you remember, what brand are those hard lines & threaded tips? What size(s) did you buy and how many meters? Thanks!
            R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
            └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Its just the OEM late model rear valence painted.

Wheels dont look bad, tires are a little small. 205/50/16 or 225/45/16 would be better
              Oh wow I never thought painting it would make it look that good . Problem is mine is pushed in towards the middle . Maybe it can be repaired and painted .

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post

Hello - solid work on your E30! If you remember, what brand are those hard lines & threaded tips? What size(s) did you buy and how many meters? Thanks!
                Yeah, same question for me...I need to do this exact thing but haven't ordered the parts. Were you able to source them from Canada? if you happen to have the part numbers, sizes etc that would be great.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post

hi !
                  i baught the 3/16 hard Line from Amazon . (Copier/nickel) . One roll , about 25 ft

fitting are m10x1 bubble flare. I dont remember Where i took them..

thanks for the comment !!

Comment

For those who have ask where i have baught the brake fitting , i recently remember where ! It was from Fedhillusa.com, a brake line/fitting company ! (E30 are m10x1 bubble flared) Something little came on the bronzit this week. I recently buy new spoiler from e30spoiler.com It is sure fiberglass replica , but the quality look good . I choose the mtech 1. It need some little bodywork to make it look good ( fitting is pretty good) Then i primed it Sand the primer Paint it ! I know that pretty much everytone with this wing paint it up 2 tone . So one part b’ack and the other colormatch. But i try it one color. Anyway this is temporary becaude new color coming next winter ! Is spoiler Mtech1 spoiler I really love how this spoiler make the car looks « longer » ! Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

It’s been a long time since my last update. Summer is over and the e30 came back in the garage for the winter . In other word, « came back in the garage for new project » !! I have drive the e30 all summer long as my daily driver and the car did not disappoint me ! Amazing how fun to drive the e30 chassi is! All Sumer long i did not ran into major issue. -Fuel gauge went dead, (after further looking, Its probably the sender the culprit) -Speedo stop working . ( try few thing and finally it was the speedo itself who was dead. End up buying only speedo and work good as new !) Other than this , nothing break! But, one rainy morning , going to work , drive to the usual road , little drift the same corner , and that morning , little drift goes bad . End up hitting a massif ornemental rock on the side of the road. Dosen’t seem to bad . Corked valence Broken oil cooler and line Cracked bumper Broken black grill Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Found someone locally who sell me an almost brand new oil cooler with hoses for a steal! I have repair the valence , the front lip . I also source a front bumper that I have sanded , primed and painted And then , put back everything on the car . It took me 8 days . Not bad ! Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

During all the summer and still , I have start collecting for the turbo parts . Most of the part that I have baught were brand new . Some other are used. Here is the list of what I have now in hand : - Diypsi manifold new —Holset hx35w use —Cx racing intercooler/piping/coupler new —-Turbosmart bov use —AEM eugo type X wideband new —-Autometer boostgage new —-340lph AEM in tank fuel pump new —Turbo blanket new —Arp headstud new —Précision 46mm wastegate use —Turbosmart manuel boost controler new —Oil drain Line + fitting new —Oil feed Line + fitting new —Oil cooler + Line + fitting new —42lbs Green bmw injector use —Spark plug heat insulator new —Megasquirt 2 pnp new —GM iat sensor new —Engine 162000km rebuild head —Vband flanges new —Mishimoto catch can use — Here is the list of what I still need to buy for the « turbo setup » - clutch -oem head gasket -some fitting -maybe cam 272 -lots of thing i will need but I don’t know yet I have buy an use motor with a rebuild head . 165000km on the engine , 3000km on the head This is the engine who going turbo. I will refresh it with all new gasket , good clean and paint to look as good as new ! Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

I am writing via Tapatalk and it keep make all my text weird.. like I write everything in one big ass sentence.. Sorry for that !. That was the first part I baught for the turbo m20 ! Hx35w from a 2001 dodge Cummins 5.9. It’s a pretty common turbo, reliable, cheap(300$cdn) push some good hp too ! After let it soaked in penetrated oil I was able to take it apart for a deep clean and a little refresh. The turbo dosent need to Be rebuild so I do not dismantle the cartridge. The hx35w is a turbo with internal wastegate . Since I will run an external wastegate , I need to bypass the internal flap . I have weld the wastegate flap shut and then made a pièces of steel to « seal » the chamber to avoid creating turbulence on the housing. It’s ugly , but it is sealed haha ! Then i sandblast everything with care , ceramic coat the exhaust housing and the cartridge. High temp pain the intake housing . I end up buffing the vband outlet of the intake Compressor. Only because it will be easier for me and the intercooler piping. I keep a little groove on the end to help the boot to not « pop ». All this turbo expérience is new to me. It is a big learning expérience. All comment/tips are welcome! I will try to explain the best I can all the process ! Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

What did you use for paint/clear on the bumper and valence? The colour match looks very good!
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X