Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Hoopte30 Project Attempt #5 - an '89 325iS gets a fancy cylinder head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Any lead on someone who can rebuild these wiper motors? It would be nice if they had some speed behind them.
    Just looking at them, and knowing what my old Volvo's wiper motor looked like inside, I'd say it's probably fairly DIY friendly. Crack it open, replace the brushes, re-grease the gearbox and replace the bearings/bushings if necessary. I'd guess the motor bushings/bearings are a standard sized part, it wouldn't make sense to drive up the cost of the motor by using special stuff.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, 3L M50 + BW S366 project

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      MMM hoopte.... Still looking like a fun car.

Any lead on someone who can rebuild these wiper motors? It would be nice if they had some speed behind them.

My car is in pieces again, but was looking at the C&C and its just to humid... WAHHh. :p
      Originally posted by varg View Post

Just looking at them, and knowing what my old Volvo's wiper motor looked like inside, I'd say it's probably fairly DIY friendly. Crack it open, replace the brushes, re-grease the gearbox and replace the bearings/bushings if necessary. I'd guess the motor bushings/bearings are a standard sized part, it wouldn't make sense to drive up the cost of the motor by using special stuff.
      I don't think it would be very hard if you found a good old school electrical repair shop... seems like standard equipment as varg pointed out. Unlikely that it would be worth the hassle to upgrade, but a nice rebuilt one I'm sure would be worlds better than what is on most of our cars.

Man.... C&C was so humid. AND i'm a sweaty italian...... i think i made people nervous with how much i was sweating standing still.

Hoopty isn't getting fancy cylinder head. Talked to Kevin and he said it doesn't have many refinishes left in its future, so I'm saving fancy head for 2.9L m20 in the event that something would happen to it while on hoopty's stock b25.

With Kevin so backed up (i told waaaay too many people how good he was, oops) I ended up picking this already redone 885 off of FB (also listed on r3v). Guy was super cool and met me halfway.

Got a rebuilt head for $260!!!!! deals. He bought a shop and the old shop owner had some random stuff left over from his dealings, one item of which was this 885 head. New Febi rockers from back when they didn't suck, refinished, cleaned, guides, etc. Gonna toss in the 272 cam I got from the Mississippi trip and call it a day.

Have OEM BMW gasket, bolts, etc all ready to put this on..... should happen soon-ish, hopefully.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X