No announcement yet.

My Hoopte30 Project Attempt #6 - the painless way to earn cash back every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the rear side marker pigtails cut in from a good car, and installed a new battery cable to replaced the one that was in the car, that had three splices in it on the ECU power wire.

I have some splicing to do on the front of the car and will finally be ready to hook a battery up and start to do some testing.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

The reason for the slow progress. Matt@EDC and I have been turning this:

Into this:

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Aladdins cave right there! Fun times seeing the transformation. And can’t wait to see the cars out and about. Good work grafting, Mr BOB
      Last edited by Matt@EDC; 04-05-2021, 06:18 AM.

Comment

You selling any of the z3 racks?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt@EDC View Post
          Aladdins cave right there! Fun times seeing the transformation. And can’t wait to see the cars out and about. Good work crafting, Mr BOB
          Yes indeed- thanks again for your help!

Originally posted by firstE30 View Post
          You selling any of the z3 racks?

Whenever I get around to it, yes.

Comment

What shock mount? :P

Good to see shop space coming along, I may try to make a weekend trip up and check it out. Find something I need to buy.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              What shock mount? :P

Good to see shop space coming along, I may try to make a weekend trip up and check it out. Find something I need to buy.
              Bahaha good eye- the springs that came on the car are made by Vogtland and are soooo low, I can only assume these shocks are bottoming out constantly. JakeB gifted me some new KYBs he wasn't using, so I am trying to find the right spring to use with them for budget sake until I inevitably do GCs later on.

And yeah man, once I get things organized/inventoried better (and maybe a car running, perhaps) you should!

-----------

I set a goal to get an "area" of the car finished up tonight after work, so I picked the passenger front corner. I had to splice turn signal, side marker, A/C, ABS, horn, fog light and washer fluid pump pigtails because they were gone on the harness I pulled out of the Atlantic Ocean.

This is what I'm dealing with:

It's not routed properly, but I don't care all too much, because it's functional. Also, note, since the car is '91 it came with the r134 pressure switch setup, which is nice.

Pulled out my headlight parts and got the adjusters freed up, replaced a few misc springs/etc and threw the headlight in with a euro grill, as well as a decent used ZKW fog, courtesy of mjweimer.

These are terrible yellow ebay fogs:

Much better:

Also, got rear side markers installed, as well as some red tails that I took from Linda (Linda went back to clean stock tails). Really cleaned up the rear end. I have a good spare bumper trim that I'll throw on someday, also courtesy of mjweimer.

I got these wheels from Dwight through helping him with some work, and normally don't care for them, but I think they look really neat on this car, so here they will stay.

Comment

This thing is gonna look awesome! Loving the wheels and the red tails 😍 Will look great once the diamondschwarz is all polished out 😎

Comment

I know all the wiring is really tedious but you are really making some serious progress. I like how those wheels look in combination with the DS paint and agree with Matt@EDC this will look great all polished up.

Comment

I agree with the D-force D-Schwartz Combo.

Slate it!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I love it when the car comes together so nicely when none of the changes were really planned to be that way and it all just works.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I love it when the car comes together so nicely when none of the changes were really planned to be that way and it all just works.
                        Sounds like a contender for COTM, if & when he gets it done, purely for his sheer perseverance if nothing else! I’m willing this one over the line, after the last 3 haven’t work out.

Come on BOB, keep it going! 😝

Comment

Originally posted by Matt@EDC View Post

Sounds like a contender for COTM, if & when he gets it done, purely for his sheer perseverance if nothing else! I’m willing this one over the line, after the last 3 haven’t work out.

Come on BOB, keep it going! 😝
                          I've tried to get Bob to give me a COTM for years now...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks, gents!! The more I look at the wheels on the car, the more I think they're meant to be.

2mAn - agreed! I have so many spare parts I have been hoarding for hoopty, it's nice to see them get put to good use.

I finished up the drivers side of the engine bay part of the chassis harness and got it all tidied up, and finished up the battery terminal/cable install.

This side turned out better than the passenger side, me thinks.

Comment

Last job I'll be able to get done this weekend was installing the door cars. I like natur leather sport interior, but cannot stand tan vinyl comfort interior..... so it had to go.

I had these cards and a grey carpet in the stash. Just need to find manual window crank plugs and rear arm rests in black.

Comment

Pimipin’est HooptE around!

Comment

Working...
                                X