Lets talk about the Fair Tax proposal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    It would be great, I imagine I could pay off my remaining debt (excluding student loans) in the next 12 months.

    Then I would buy all kinds of stuff.
    I love this idea, I could buy a new bmw every year! But i don't want to pay 16% VAT on it!

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    It would be great, I imagine I could pay off my remaining debt (excluding student loans) in the next 12 months.

    Then I would buy all kinds of stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey Link
    replied
    Actually I was quite surprised as to how much support it has in congress. It's listed on their site. I wouldn't take the time to talk about it if I didn't think it was feasible.

    Leave a comment:


  • gwb72tii
    replied
    until the current bastards in congress are disposed of, this will never happen, even if it is better than the current system, as i believe it to be.
    there is a lot of attraction to not waiting for a refund and seeing exactly what you earn every paycheck. i think the savings rate would skyrocket as people paid off debt, which is a very good thing.
    in addition, by eliminating corporate taxes the good ol' USA becomes extremely competitive cost wise around the world. no more 9%+ unemployment.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey Link
    replied
    Have you read the constitution?

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey Link
    So where does the country get it's revenue?
    why does it need it? to do what?

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey Link
    replied
    Originally posted by kishg
    no ignore list. my proposal is to scrap income tax and sales tax.
    So where does the country get it's revenue?

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    no ignore list. my proposal is to scrap income tax and sales tax.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    ^The countries with sales/income tax.

    I strongly support this system. I love the fact that it taxes all illegal forms of money (drugs/prostitution/gamblinh/etc.) by way of that money being spent. Would make small business owners and those who are self-employed (like my girlfriend) lives MUCH, MUCH easier.

    However, it's simple, effective and not bogged down with red tape and gov't intervention and basically eliminates the IRS.

    It will NEVER happen.

    We will get a VAT, but it will be to pay for healthcare unfortunately.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    well I must be on kishg ignore list. With a 16% VAT we would abolish the IRS NO MORE INCOME TAXES. The VAT would REPLACE THE INCOME TAX. But we all know the Govt is not gonna give up an income stream, we will end up with a VAT and higher income taxes

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey Link
    Sorry, that was meant to go to mrsleeve. Where do they get their revenue?
    who?

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey Link
    replied
    Sorry, that was meant to go to mrsleeve. Where do they get their revenue?

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey Link
    With the fair tax system there are no income or consumption taxes on business.
    yes. i understand. just don't see why we need sales tax either. many countries have zero personal income or sales tax. they seem to do fine. i don't know about the rest of you but i'm a greedy bastard.. i don't like sharing..

    Leave a comment:


  • Joey Link
    replied
    With the fair tax system there are no income or consumption taxes on business.

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    why do we even need the 16% vat?

    Leave a comment:

Working...