The Porsche thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbr87 View Post
    UM...except for: the flared fenders, the width, the unmistakable 911 headlights, the side-exit exhaust, the exaggerated rear intakes and vents, the rear diffuser, the front valence, etc...

It looks nothing like anything else, except maybe a 911 turbo, which it is based off of.
    dont get me wrong...I dont doubt your perception.... but I know the iconic look and the red flags of a 911....I own one..and consider myself to have a sharp eye.......

BUT ......

if I can see a "Boxster" in there w/ in 3 seconds.......it misses its mark........ w/ me.

There are waaaay too many gorgeous 911 cars in this thread alone to justify the body of that car.........yuck. It mat be aero...sleek......low cd...blah blah...its fugly.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

And pbr gets the dick slap from a p-car owner.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
        dont get me wrong...I dont doubt your perception.... but I know the iconic look and the red flags of a 911....I own one..and consider myself to have a sharp eye.......

BUT ......

if I can see a "Boxster" in there w/ in 3 seconds.......it misses its mark........ w/ me.

There are waaaay too many gorgeous 911 cars in this thread alone to justify the body of that car.........yuck. It mat be aero...sleek......low cd...blah blah...its fugly.

okay, okay.

......but it looks more like a 911 than a Nascar, right?
        Originally posted by accident
        I have achieved the title of Douche of the month.
        Discuss.
        Originally posted by kronus
        It was probably pissed off because it didn't want to pay taxes for poor people's healthcare.
        1990 300ZX TT 5spd ($6,000)
        1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

yeah, but if you ignore the vents, the waistlines and even the front end, to a point, do have a resemblance.

haha and ironically enough, I see a fair resemblance between the Spirit R/T and the e30, if you don't look at the details too much. A lot of cars from that era were similar at first glance.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
            yeah, but if you ignore the vents, the waistlines and even the front end, to a point, do have a resemblance.
            that's like ignoring half the car.

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
            haha and ironically enough, I see a fair resemblance between the Spirit R/T and the e30, if you don't look at the details too much. A lot of cars from that era were similar at first glance.
            BLASPHEMY!!!1!
            Discuss.
            It was probably pissed off because it didn't want to pay taxes for poor people's healthcare.
            1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

okay, okay.

......but it looks more like a 911 than a Nascar, right?
              Didn't look much like a 911 to me.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Meh, gotta agree with Joel on this one. The styling is very boxsterish, especially the rear. Don't like the headlights either and too much chicken wire in the front.
                Originally posted by BillBrasky
                E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

pbr, you're moving up the hate list faster than bimmer_e30 did.

it looks like a nascar, the spirit has similar body lines to the e30. now shut the fuck up. im tired of your absent minded posts.

DIAF

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
                    Meh, gotta agree with Joel on this one. The styling is very boxsterish, especially the rear. Don't like the headlights either and too much chicken wire in the front.
                    :hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler:
                    Discuss.
                    1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
                      pbr, you're moving up the hate list faster than bimmer_e30 did.
                      I don't care. It's the internet. And who's bimmer_e30?
                      Discuss.
                      1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

:hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler:
                        do you own one of these or something? why the fuck are you taking so much offense to this...

you're acting as if we just said you're mother was an ugly whore. get over it, you're not going to change anyone's minds

Comment

I don't care. It's the internet. And who's bimmer_e30?
                          some fag from canada that no one likes

Comment

do you own one of these or something? why the fuck are you taking so much offense to this...

you're acting as if we just said you're mother was an ugly whore. get over it, you're not going to change anyone's minds
                            I wish I owned one. I don't really take that much offense, either. I'm just being over-dramatic about it. I'm done.

some fag from canada that no one likes
                            oh
                            Discuss.
                            1991 318i 4dr 5spd (DD)

Comment

I saw an immaculate, stock, arrest-me-yellow 914 passing everyone on I15 into Las Vegas the Sunday after Thanksgiving. My wife could not understand why a boxy old lawnmower-engine car could give me such a boner. I tried to explain how I really liked several models of boxy old obsolescent german cars (nudge nudge wink wink), but she didn't get it.
                              "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

me. love. porsche.

Comment

Working...
                                X