Film Trailer (College Senior Project)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • joshuaaa
    replied
    damn, definately would see this. great work on it :)

    Leave a comment:


  • kylekrueger
    replied
    I like the idea, it is new, something really different from all the same plot line blockbusters that seem to be around these days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Spiff325iS
    replied
    You shot that on 35MM? It looks EXTREMELY digital.

    The cinematography is great, but the trailer lacks any real pay-off from the music and build-up from the narration.

    You have a really nice setup of this man describing to a young kid how amazing Houdini was/is, and then cut to images of supposedly Houdini in his past(?).

    It all seemed odd- in a trailer you are supposed to show and illustrate (usually) some issue that is going to be addressed in the movie, or tease them with imagery THEN present the ISSUE/IDEA of the film. And climax somewhere around where the main character or whomever realizes what they need to do:- cut to black- BAM, title.

    It just seemed odd that you paid off the trailer with a fight sequence with no connection to who any of those characters were (mainly if Houdini was one of them).

    The music could be twice as intense, also.

    Sorry for all the criticism, just giving my .02.

    edit: and your first shot that goes around the table is out of focus, not too good for a trailer.

    Leave a comment:


  • James21
    replied
    Looks good!

    Leave a comment:


  • tomgt325
    replied
    That looks sick man! I want to see it!

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Ummm can I just say that I love magic movies, so I would actually like to see this. Please continue, kthnx bai.

    No but seriously, you can't just leave me hanging here.

    Leave a comment:


  • nickflic3
    replied
    Originally posted by downforce22
    looks good, can i see it? and is there an e30 in it?
    This lol Nice movie but I'm not sold on the title... Looks pro though, would watch in theaters :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • downforce22
    replied
    looks good, can i see it? and is there an e30 in it?

    Leave a comment:


  • MrSlacker
    replied
    wow looks awesome! any chance to see the full version? :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Il Duce
    replied
    Great work man! I'd pay $10 to go see it. Looks pro!

    Leave a comment:


  • czag13
    started a topic Film Trailer (College Senior Project)

    Film Trailer (College Senior Project)

    As a senior majoring in film at CSUN, my senior project was a short film. It's the culmination of my years in school, and along with 10 other key crew members (all seniors), we produced a short film that we now are going to send to festivals. Here's the HD trailer (I was the trailer editor and 1st Assistant Director). Tell me what you guys think:



    (I didn't embed the link because I think it deserves to be watched in full 1080p resolution)
Working...