• Show
Clear All

• geoffp
    replied
    Honda Dream by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Roguetoaster, you probably know this stuff but...

Your original paint looks like nice so I would recommend Evaporust, most Tractor Supply Stores usually have a gallon in stock. It really does work, won't harm paint, and is non-toxic.

The petcock probably has a diaphragm and may not flow even switched to "on" unless vacuum is applied.

Well, I have a replacement gas tank cap showing up today for the FZ, hopefully mine fits.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Questionable amounts of rust, the tank shut off valve (for when you remove the tank) is flowing poorly and the replacement tank cap doesn't want to play nicely with the OE gasket. Parts are mostly available, but of course annoyingly pricey.

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Thanks!! Both were cheap finds on CL where I got lucky.

What is wrong with the SRX fuel tank? Just went through months of tank issues with a second Nighthawk I have but didn't post a pic of.

It seems Yamaha has better parts availability than Honda, at least for my models. Makes you appreciate the factory and aftermarket support of the e30s!!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by tim88325is View Post
    Here are pics of my bikes, the Honda Nighthawk I mentioned earlier in the thread, and a 1987 FZ600 I just picked up. 15K miles, nice honest but used condition, needs the normal stuff from sitting for years.
    They both look excellent, have been considering buying a VT500 that's been sitting in my Dad's shed for a long time, but seems like an easy fix, as my SRX600 work has stalled after encountering some fuel tank issues.

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Here are pics of my bikes, the Honda Nighthawk I mentioned earlier in the thread, and a 1987 FZ600 I just picked up. 15K miles, nice honest but used condition, needs the normal stuff from sitting for years.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
    Yo Downz check it. Ive been lost since I sold my e30 but ive still been plugging away at this Rd build. Finally finished the engine! 4k later that is lol. Sent he entire bike to power/paint and got the new spec 2 chambers jet hot coated. Ill post more pics once shes done.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTcEHl5l-6r/
    Oh hell yea man, that thing is looking mint! And will ride like new, I'm jealous, I still want an RD for my personal cafe, although i just recently picked up the long lost cousin to that bike, roughly in the motor dept

After riding my buddies banshee up north, I decided it was time to get my own, picked up this one for 1250! Def needs some work, but its got some good mods on it already, nerf bars, toomey T5s, brand new tires. Gonna hopefully ride it for the rest of the summer w/o any issues the way it is now, then tear her down in the fall and return it mostly back to stock cosmetically, I hate what people do to these things with the race cut fenders/dune/glamis shit, its like a pitbull with its ears clipped, Ive got a front fender for it, but its all stained/faded, so I'm attempting to restore that one at the moment, b/c I'm cheap lol

May port the heads on it, nothing to crazy, I want it reliable and versatile like my WR, has similar mods to my buddies, and that one is plenty fast.

The day I picked it up, god it was awful, PO had some obsession with the number 69, had a ford badge on the front, ghetto rigged a bunch of shit, just all around terrible things done to it

Spent some time cleaning it up, taking all the stupid fuck head stickers off of it, fixing some things etc. Then I bought a frame off a guy on offer up (my new fav app/obsession) for 50 bux, as mine had the head light tabs cut off, as well as a bunch of other shit wrong with it. When I went to pick it up, the guy told me he had a bunch of other parts he wanted get rid of for 125, so the next night I went and picked it all up, and it was like Christmas!

Couldnt believe the deal I got, paddles/rims, plastics, swing arms, a TON of shit for these things, so after giving some to my buddy and keeping some for myself, I sold off what I didnt need to a local yard

Been a good month ha! I havent been posting much, as I havent built a bike since that XS, been laying low, just riding alot and playing with my new toys ;D
    Last edited by bikerbill2021; 06-12-2017, 10:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied

Picked up pretty much this exact bike a couple weeks back. Has heidenau k60 tires though.

Leave a comment:

• e30 gangsta
    replied
    Yo Downz check it. Ive been lost since I sold my e30 but ive still been plugging away at this Rd build. Finally finished the engine! 4k later that is lol. Sent he entire bike to power/paint and got the new spec 2 chambers jet hot coated. Ill post more pics once shes done.

49 likes, 4 comments - Guillermo Rodriguez (@s13guille) on Instagram: "Everything I do is A1 quality only. 😎 #RD400 #2stroke #built #Yamaha #vintage Built by #TeamSc..."
    Last edited by e30 gangsta; 06-12-2017, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    Love that FZ-10

Leave a comment:

• TheTacoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Anyone have any experience on a ~2000 ducati monster 750?
    I dont, however I know they can be maintenance queens with the carbs and timing belts.

Sprinnnngggg.

Leave a comment:

• haigiacmo213
    replied
    Originally posted by nbio View Post
    I know some people ride on here, let's see some pictures

My 1986 Honda VF500 Interceptor

really a great bike. bought it in may, 13,000 miles

This bike is now for sale!
    like, so beautiful

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Anyone have any experience on a ~2000 ducati monster 750?

Leave a comment:

• 325_e30
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
    Honestly with the big bikes, I find that most get hot but something about ducati fairings in the past directed a little bit more towards the ridetr. Still, I love that bike one of the best looking bar none. Plus the sound, all the Japanese sound similar but those ducks...;D;D
    I guess it all depends on the riders size. I'm 5'11" and about 175, I was stuck in some traffic and a couple lights the other day, was a little toasty, but not enough to not see that thing parked in my backyard when I'm not on it. I wish the sound transferred well over video or sound clips. Its 100% different sounding in person.

Leave a comment:

• TheTacoMan
    replied
    Honestly with the big bikes, I find that most get hot but something about ducati fairings in the past directed a little bit more towards the ridetr. Still, I love that bike one of the best looking bar none. Plus the sound, all the Japanese sound similar but those ducks...;D;D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X