The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
    I think its gonna take a while for the MV to get boring. Most of these modern super bikes are pushing 200hp out of a 400lb frame anymore. Pretty much any rider can find themselves on the ragged edge. If you aren't then its your fault.

This morning was perfect. Cool, clear and a light breeze. The girlfriend has been a pain in the ass so I elected to ride my mistress instead.
    Honestly, if I had an MV, I wouldn't have time for a GF
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

i think when you hit gravel its called drifting :)

Comment

Yeah it should be specified that, in all cycling, countersteering isnt the same as countersteering a skid. Its putting a light pressure on the handlebar on the side you want to turn to in order to de-stabilize the bike. Like kicking your feet out from under you. Otherwise its nearly impossible to initiate a lean because the wheels act liek a gyroscope and the bike wants to stay upright (which is why you can see out of control bikes buck a rider and then go for a long ways).

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
        Honestly, if I had an MV, I wouldn't have time for a GF
        She has been so negative lately that Im finding myself having less time for her and more for the bike.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

2006 Yamaha FZ6

Current: '92 325i Vert

Past: '84 Euro 320i -Had to leave in Italy

Comment

His and Hers:

2001 Victory V92c, 1507cc/2008 Ninja 250, slow

Comment

a friend of mine just got a victory, that is a retartedly huge engine. my hyundai doesnt have one like that. hows it like to ride? prob idles at 80 am i right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
                a friend of mine just got a victory, that is a retartedly huge engine. my hyundai doesnt have one like that. hows it like to ride? prob idles at 80 am i right?
                Thing rides very nicely, I'm a big fan of almost every single Victory made. Idles at 80? If you're referring to decibels, not sure.. Its pretty quite at idle, but its just stupid loud if you hammer on it in any gear, straight from the factory its louder than some Harleys with aftermarket pipes :p

Comment

I just bought a vf1000r for 7 bills pics to come
                  Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                    I just bought a vf1000r for 7 bills pics to come

First order of business: Get a 4 into 1 header on that thing and let that wonderful noise out. One of the best sounding bikes ever!
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Honda should release a v4 sport bike, I love the motors in the VF bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        First order of business: Get a 4 into 1 header on that thing and let that wonderful noise out. One of the best sounding bikes ever!
                        So true. My kz has one, and it sounds like art. I'd take the sound of that over my R bike any day.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Just got my motorcycle permit/license today guys.

Will hopefully get an sv650 as my first bike.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                            Just got my motorcycle permit/license today guys.

Will hopefully get an sv650 as my first bike.

Great choice for a first bike !
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

What do you think is a reasonable year/ mileage to get one at?

I have read the 2003+ are the only way to go. But those ru from 2-3K+ and For a first bike I'd rather not spend that much under 2k was what I was thinking, and the 2002 and before go for about 15-1800

Comment

Regardless of the year, a fairly well maintained SV should be a very reliable bike. You should be able to get something with 30k miles or less I bet. It's a Suzuki... don't be scared!

As far as pre and post 2003 models, I don't see why the newer models would be that much better. I see that power and torque changed slightly, but overall the important parts stayed about the same. That little v-twin is a great engine.
                                '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X