Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teh_activ View Post
    ... you just got your permit and you want a cbr1000? i hope youre kidding

Did you expect me to 'want' a Honda Rebel 250 or something??
    LOLOL

Can't afford CBR anyways....
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Some people have the restraint to start with a superbike.
      It's not generally a good idea, but can be done.

I wonder if you could get a CBR1000, and then put some sort of
      device to cripple it for a few months to limit horsepower while learning.

Something like a restrictor plate - a cardboard plate with a hole in it inside the air cleaner housing.

Comment

Thats actually a good idea. I could limit it to 3/4 or 2/3 throttle. Or like you said, restrict the intake so its more like a cbr600, or even a cbr250 (which I didn't even know existed until yesterday).
        E30 buildy things
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

The Cbr250r is a great bike for learning how to ride.

Comment

I would probably start with a used Ninja 500
            Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., distributor of powersports vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, Side x Sides, Electric Balance Bikes & personal watercraft.

If you get one that needs a little TLC, you can sell it for more than
            you buy it after cleaning it up (just need to know what is expensive to fix
            and shy away from those - there's probably a forum for Ninja 500's)

Comment

Speaking from experience, don't learn on a cbr1000. Speed isn't everything. I have so much fun riding this thing around town: ct70, 3 speed w/ no clutch, tops out at 40mph.

It literally gets 200 mpg, lol. I ride it to work (15 miles each way, M-F) and I fill up not even 4 times a month. It costs $2 to fill up too!

Comment

oh god I wish I could drive something like that to work.

Ive been considering getting a 250 to go back and forth to work everyday, but I go highway over a mountain all the time.
                1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

I still have my first bike from 1976 - A Yamaha "Champ".
                  It's a 2-stroke version of that Honda (80cc).

It didn't sell well in the states because kids all wanted mopeds
                  (I had a license, so didn't need to drive a moped).

In other parts of the world it was known as the Yamaha "Bop".

I need to take a picture of mine one of these days. It looks almost like new.

Looks like this one:

My Google image search turned up a few for $650 to $1400
                  I doubt I paid $500 when I bought it brand new from the Yamaha dealer.

If it wasn't of such sentimental value to me (my first operable motorized transportation) I'd sell it.
                  Last edited by Mark 42; 08-02-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

i have a 78 Yamaha dt175 dual sport. i love it, its not the fastest bike on the road but it will do about 70 and will go anywhere, i love dual sport's for that reason because i love exploring. plus it gets like 100 mpg and is simple as hell to work on

Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                    Bimmerbuddies LLC
                    717-388-1256
                    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 42 View Post
                      I still have my first bike from 1976 - A Yamaha "Champ".
                      It's a 2-stroke version of that Honda (80cc).

It didn't sell well in the states because kids all wanted mopeds
                      (I had a license, so didn't need to drive a moped).

In other parts of the world it was known as the Yamaha "Bop".

I need to take a picture of mine one of these days. It looks almost like new.

Looks like this one:

My Google image search turned up a few for $650 to $1400
                      I doubt I paid $500 when I bought it brand new from the Yamaha dealer.

If it wasn't of such sentimental value to me (my first operable motorized transportation) I'd sell it.

HEY!!! I HAD ONE OF THOSE!

Believe it or not, I learned so much about performance riding with that thing. If you can slide without dropping it on the grass at 15mph, you can do the same with a sportbike on the track. My parents' lawn had a near-permanent racing line worn into it from 1985-90. Good times

Comment

Most recent. Here is a big dump of pics.

Completed the lower carbon. Now it just the air tubes (wicked expensive for the full carbon ones that actually increase volume/save weight)

Relatively tight weave:

I ditched the rear LP mount and built a slim aluminum mount. Then illuminated the plate with LEDs and did LED turns integrated into the rear and side vents so they are only visible when illuminated.

Thing of beauty:

The toy box garage, the E91 wagon is the second:

The E30 is going on the market soon to free up some cash for mag wheels on the bike and reduce my regular expenses (GA doesnt allow a vehicle to just be stored, its gotta have a plate and insurance).
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

This isn't mine, but went to a local cruise today and spotted this and thought i'd share it here too. I know nothing about it, but it is a 1991 Honda...

Last edited by JasonC; 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM. Reason: b

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Looks like a CB250n...

Originally posted by Ryan...
                            It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Cool stuff

I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                              Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

I'm a 2 stroke fan , looking for this : Aprilia RS 250

Comment

Working...
                                X