X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
    ugh

The guy is trying to make "loud" bikes more illegal

Anyone interested in assisting me in my struggle to "do the right thing," to stand for those in our society that are unable to stand for themselves, to truly make a difference, PLEASE...send the...

Edit: I responded to him on his FB page and he invited me to watch the video and then have a argument. He then deleted my leveled response...
    The whole "loud pipes save lives" is bullshit. Ill admit that neither of my bikes are quiet and I am not a fan of making anything illegal but a lot of people have some really excessive shit.

Mine are loud and I have still had plenty of people enter my lane, cut me off, etc. Two problems, the pipes are loud where you have been, not where you are going because of two things:
    a. the very nature of their direction, they are pointing out the back.
    b. the Doppler effect.

Yeah, at slow speeds (like parking lot speeds) an audible bike might be marginally more noticeable than a completely silent one but the idea that a stock bike and a bike with straight-through are radically different outside of being annoying as fuck is asinine. You do it because you want to be loud, nothing more.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

I aint no harley guy but you can still hear them from behind you. I have seen a difference between stock pipes and my wolf exhaust. People are oblivious no matter what, but it helps. I saw it from day one.

People aren't looking in their side view mirrors all the time when they give you more room while you're lane splitting. They're hearing the exhaust. This guy doesn't want anything beyond stock... so essentially ZERO NOISE. Agreed though, there is some super excessive shit.

Comment

I get annoyed by loud pipes a lot. They don't even sound good. Some sound like an old guy's floppy asshole pushing out a long fart. People go way too loud with exhausts and they make sure people know how loud they are.

Having something better than a stock exhaust I feel can help on a highway. I've had many bikes slow pass me in a car that have stock exhausts. With all that wind noise I would have no clue that they were there other than me always keeping an eye out for bikes. Stock bikes can be VERY quiet.
        E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

The only bikes in my opinion that should be loud are 2 Stroke MX bikes... They sound reeeallll nice too.

CR500's are amazing. Give me one and I'll daily that bitch everywhere lol
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Kind of sick of the fact that at least half of the Harleys I hear are straight piped (it's loud as hell and sounds like shit) and around 1/3 of the sportbikes are almost as loud or louder.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Kedge View Post
              My 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, this was actually one of the press launch bikes all the journos would've ridden, I bought it direct from Triumph, their factory is only about 15miles from my house!

:coolphoto:

so is that like a RHD or LHD bike?
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

so the CX500 is finally done and up for sale, sad to see it go, but its on to the next one. Coincidentally, just picked up another CX500 tonight haha, this one is a Deluxe, so it comes with the bigger and, what I think, better looking tank. Gonna tackle the BMW next however, my business partner is sweating me for that one, he may keep that as his personal machine. Were both running out of room at our houses, so were looking for shop space, which is exciting

def learned some things on this bike tho, specifically with the seat, need to use firmer foam next one I make, hoping to get better at making them so I can inevitably sell them.

and the new CX I just picked up tonight, the R75 keeping it warm

Comment

Looking at an 05 SV650s
                  The bike only has 8700 miles and a new set of tires, front brakes etc.. Has a few tasteful add-ons (LED blinkers, frame sliders, alarm system etc) but just wondering if this is more of an upright bike? I'm not looking for a crotch rocket that will have me in pain after an hour of riding.

thanks in advance
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I like seeing loud pipes save lives stickers plastered to a brain bucket style helmet. I tell you what also saves lives are actual full face helmets strapped to your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      Looking at an 05 SV650s
                      The bike only has 8700 miles and a new set of tires, front brakes etc.. Has a few tasteful add-ons (LED blinkers, frame sliders, alarm system etc) but just wondering if this is more of an upright bike? I'm not looking for a crotch rocket that will have me in pain after an hour of riding.

thanks in advance
                      Yes, SVs are a bit more of an upright/sport touring bike then the typical crotch rocket, my friend has an SV1000 and it feels to me that you sit in the saddle a bit deeper and the bars are a bit higher then my CBR, but still retains that sport bike riding position. They are great bikes, especially on the track from what I hear

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                        They are great bikes, especially on the track from what I hear
                        Yeah, once you replace the stock suspension they make a good track bike.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Downz

How long does it usually take you to flip a bike?

Comment

Originally posted by TroyShark View Post
                            Downz

How long does it usually take you to flip a bike?
                            it varies really, depends on how much a bike needs, shipping time on parts etc. Dirt bikes are my go to easy flip, mainly two strokes, as they are plentiful, easy to repair, and when they blow up people say fuck it and sell them cheap.

These road bikes have taken me much longer as I just haven't had the time or space, and they are more intricate/need more custom fabrication etc. I was originally doing them out of my garage, but lately I've been doing them out of my shop after work due to ease of tools etc (I'm a VW technician by day). Problem is I cant leave a bike all apart as I have to move it out of the shop during the day or ill get bitched at/taking up space etc, so I have very little wrench time on them each night

Im getting faster at them tho, and soon I'll have my own shop space so I can leave a bike apart and come back to it at a later date. Im hoping this can take over my day job, I can do this and the odd car full time, thats the plan at least, its nice having a partner/investor that wants to start a business like this with me, I'm extremely lucky and grateful

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                              Looking at an 05 SV650s

thanks in advance
                              Late but check out here: http://cycle-ergo.com/. Play around with the options. For me, it's in between a full on sport bike and an upright bike like an FZ-07. If that falls through you can look into a naked SV650, it's a more upright position. The handlebars are higher up and closer to the seat and the foot pegs are further down.

Check out www.svrider.com for some DIY info. I would refresh all the fluids on it. Then get new fork springs. I have these with gold valve emulators: http://www.svracingparts.com/store/#...uct/id=1776583 . The stock 2nd gen SV650s forks are dangerous IMO. The front end totally dives in during braking.

Take some pictures if you get it!
                              E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Have a good and safe riding day today you guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X