No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wonder if adding an aftermarket exhaust would rectify the quietness issue.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      i wonder if adding an aftermarket exhaust would rectify the quietness issue.
      This one even had the exhaust that was supposed to be quiet, however this bike with a loud muffler would be amazing. It really sings once you get it going.

Different angle of the same bike, not the exact one. This model package is supposed to have the louder exhaust too.
      Im going to try out the 899, multistrada, and Diavel S in the next couple weeks.

Comment

I really am starting to like that bike.

How is the power on it? Can one do wheelies with ease or will it be a struggle?

I had a friend bring up a ninja 500, but he had to clutch it and rev a bunch to get it to come up. So anything can be wheelied, just wondering the torque on this one.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd

Comment

I really like the look of the ducati scramblers, besides the color scheme in that picture. But they seem like a blast to ride. Looks like a dirt bike for the road.

Comment

Triumph also has a bike called a scrambler, Motorcycle.com did a youtube video comparing the two.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

Bikes ... who doesn't like bikes ?? got a couple, had a few :)

Comment

are those the current ones? How do you decide between the BMW and the Kawasaki? both look to be setup for touring.

nice rides by the way!
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Been seeing a lot of Ducati Monsters in the city lately. They are definitely growing on me. I could see myself picking one up in the future. Anyone ever owe one or ride one? Opinions?

Pic from bikeexif

Comment

Been slacking on the XS750 as of late, but I got her running, fired right up, surprisingly quiet with straight pipes on it, its quieter then my /6 was, and that had mufflers on it, we'll see what I decide to do with that.

Finally got around to getting the seat pan formed, first time doing this, but im liking the way its looking, and the foam is pretty forgiving, nice to work with. Hoping to fiberglass it this week and get the tank and it off to paint.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyShark View Post
                      Been seeing a lot of Ducati Monsters in the city lately. They are definitely growing on me. I could see myself picking one up in the future. Anyone ever owe one or ride one? Opinions?

Pic from bikeexif

Rode a 2016 or 2015 Monster 821, really cool bike. Its a little weird at first, but it feels natural after 3-4 miles.
                      I put alittle over 22 miles on a demo and it was fun. The modes were interesting, definitely not a slow bike. Exhuast for one is retarded how much $$ for just a slip on.
                      Definitely not a beginner bike, it was pretty fast. I want to try the 1200 now though...

Comment

Can you bike guys explain this to me? I see it a lot now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	7188325

What the hell is this for? Is there some legal requirement to have your plate at some height? The Harley guys with the tiny sideways back plate aren't buying that.

It's not a fender, it's not keeping any water off your back. Is it held on there with struts like flimsy bicycle fenders? That's gonna get whacked / knocked out of alignment. There is no fender - that front one isn't doing shit. Is it a dirt bike? They usually have more fender than this.

Thanks from a total bike noob.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                          Can you bike guys explain this to me? I see it a lot now.

[ATTACH]110429[/ATTACH]

What the hell is this for? Is there some legal requirement to have your plate at some height? The Harley guys with the tiny sideways back plate aren't buying that.

It's not a fender, it's not keeping any water off your back. Is it held on there with struts like flimsy bicycle fenders? That's gonna get whacked / knocked out of alignment. There is no fender - that front one isn't doing shit. Is it a dirt bike? They usually have more fender than this.

Thanks from a total bike noob.
                          just for style really, personal preference, stock motorcycles off the show room floor come with huge tail lights with ugly turn signals and a massive plate frame hanging off the tail of the bike, safety standards/liability and what have you, so "fender eliminators" were coined, they come in all styles

heres what that bike comes with in terms of a plate frame/tail light stock

you can also see the difference in my personal bike in my sig, heres what mine looks like stock (minus the exhaust), on mine I have just my plate with a small mount, LED license plate bulb bolts, and integrated turn signals in my tail light, cleans it all up nicely

Comment

1996 Honda Africa Twin on the left and 1988 Honda Africa Twin on the right.

The 1988 is now restored. Will do the same with the 1996 this winter. Both bikes took me thru amazing roadtrips thru Europe, North Africa and the Balkans.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Thought you guys might like this.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zagato MV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	7188357

Comment

Not sure if I like that, but I dont dislike it.
                                Its weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X