X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jalopi
    replied
    Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
    Yeah it's a small bike, but I'm not looking for speed. Not looking to kill myself lol... I might even turn it into a scrambler... but I do love the cafe look.
    don't worry, it's got more than double the power of a rebel, there's more enough speed to get you killed/in trouble ;)

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Downz View Post
    yup, found it on craigslist, I buy most, if not all, my bikes off craigslist, great resource if you can sift through peoples bull shit and scammers
    I thought so, I think it was built by a little shop or a few guys trying to make a cafe bizz out of their garage. They had a few bikes cleaned up and looking not too shabby, might have been over a year ago though. I assume it was more for fun as profits probably weren't really there.

Obligatory: http://www.bikeexif.com/

For more inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• BobombETA
    replied
    Originally posted by jalopi View Post
    third picture would be dope as shit, albeit very uncomfortable to ride

first/second picture reminds me of the old rebel i got when i turned 18. oh the memories... nothing says "motorcycle" like losing drag races with stock civics... when the other person doesn't even know they're racing you
    Yeah it's a small bike, but I'm not looking for speed. Not looking to kill myself lol... I might even turn it into a scrambler... but I do love the cafe look.

Leave a comment:

• jalopi
    replied
    third picture would be dope as shit, albeit very uncomfortable to ride

first/second picture reminds me of the old rebel i got when i turned 18. oh the memories... nothing says "motorcycle" like losing drag races with stock civics... when the other person doesn't even know they're racing you

Leave a comment:

• BobombETA
    replied
    I picked up a 1980 Yamaha XS400 last week. It's going to be my first street bike. I rode dirt bikes like ten years ago, but my mountain bike has been my only 2 wheeled vehicle since.

Here's a couple pics:

Plans are to tear it down this winter and do a frame off restoration... The engine is strong with only 6,000 on it... But I want to refinish the frame and build a cafe style seat. I'd also like to do a fork swap with something more modern if I can find something that matches up close.

Here's some inspiration:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X