Best kick a** current anti virus?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silverdogz
    replied
    Defender... with a lil' Malwarebytes for good measure.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    MSE has been fine for me for nearly 4 years.

    But I'm not browsing sketchy pRon sites.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    AVG Free here.

    I ran without protection until I lost a few hundred dollars to a Norwegian dating sight "sukkor.no".

    I got it back, but still.... That sucked.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tamataz
    replied
    Kasperksy definitely. Ive had several anti viruses and kaspesky has been the best for me.
    Pair that up with a free software mentioned that's called Malwarebyte, and you've got some good protection. :nice:

    Leave a comment:


  • dirtbag30
    replied
    Originally posted by Thizzelle
    Free avg works. Where are you guys going that you need a fucking crazy ass anti-virus software? Learn how to internet. I've had one virus ever and that was like 7 years ago, set restore points and blast back to them if you have to.
    im just paranoid i guess. i do alot of online car parts shopping. hate to have someone get my card info. its happened to people i know and acquaintances. i delete my history and cookies any time i order something online. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    Free avg works. Where are you guys going that you need a fucking crazy ass anti-virus software? Learn how to internet. I've had one virus ever and that was like 7 years ago, set restore points and blast back to them if you have to.

    Leave a comment:


  • gtdragon980
    replied
    Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. All you need to keep the computer clean from all the pr0n viruses.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lodsin
    replied
    Originally posted by Bglad
    I go bareback.

    I just wipe it and start over if I get anything.
    /Thread

    Haven't had Antivirus in nearly 7 years, haven't had any issues.

    The best way to keep your information safe on the web, is not to use it.

    Leave a comment:


  • august125
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEtaUnderdog
    LOL, you wish. Apple's implementation of security is a joke




    back to the op, av's will only catch the most stupid of shit. if there is a worm or something out there, it will be packed so it won't have the same detectable signature as the av is looking for. run avast, and check with malwarebytes occasionally.

    Or run linux, your call
    The security inherent to Mac OS X's FreeBSD/Unix underpinnings is not a joke. Linux is practically the same thing.


    That said,

    Microsoft Security Essentials for a good free AntiVirus,

    Kaspersky if you want to pay,

    MalwareBytes for cleaning infections,

    and ComboFix for cleaning infections so bad that you should probably just wipe the hard drive.

    Leave a comment:


  • dirtbag30
    replied
    my cousin, who is a huge nerd (does CGI work for 20th century fox) has always used avast. if its good enough for him its good enough for me. i just paid for a year because i was sick of updating it. i dont have any complaints.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I'd like to quadruple Microsoft Security Essentials.

    It's....essential!

    Leave a comment:


  • dustyperez
    replied
    Originally posted by Victell
    Isnt that cloud based? Do you need a connection to run it?
    Yes it is cloud based and you need a connection for it to do its full potential, but if you didnt have a connection then why have it? But YES, you can scan your pc without a connection. I just did it to check

    Leave a comment:


  • Victell
    replied
    Originally posted by dustyperez
    Webroot, is where its at. super light, not actually installed. can clean about anything as well
    Isnt that cloud based? Do you need a connection to run it?

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by Bglad
    I go bareback.

    I just wipe it and start over if I get anything.
    Ummmmm. Joking right?!?!

    You don't always know you have a virus/trojan. Don't be lazy...run MS Security.

    The rest of us don't need to be paying for bank fraud on your accounts.

    Leave a comment:


  • dustyperez
    replied
    Webroot, is where its at. super light, not actually installed. can clean about anything as well

    Leave a comment:

Working...