Best kick a** current anti virus?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bglad
    replied
    I go bareback.

    I just wipe it and start over if I get anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    I've run AVG Free for a long time now, but recently looked into other software to see if there was anything better. From what I read, AVG is among the top, along with AdAware and a few others. I tried AdAware, but it used WAY more resources than AVG ever did, so I switched back to AVG.

    I haven't had a virus on my computer in probably close to 10 years. Then again, I ran no antivirus for a while and still didn't get any viruses. In the end, it really come down to smart browsing and downloading on your part.

    Leave a comment:


  • kickinindian
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEtaUnderdog
    LOL, you wish. Apple's implementation of security is a joke




    back to the op, av's will only catch the most stupid of shit. if there is a worm or something out there, it will be packed so it won't have the same detectable signature as the av is looking for. run avast, and check with malwarebytes occasionally.
    l
    same thing i do

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Microsoft Security Essentials.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by Victell
    ESET failed me.
    Yea, I left ESET about a year or so ago. Not worth it. It didn't take up much resources - but it let one or two trojans slip in.

    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Microsoft security essentials.
    Me too. No complaints at all. (Why MS didn't ship windows with one installed in the first place is beyond me...)

    Leave a comment:


  • Andy.B
    replied
    Microsoft security essentials. Not the best (recent tests showed it missed roughly 30% of threats found by other major antivirus products), but it's free and efficient.
    I am extremely careful with my private information online, and preform a complete reformat of my computers every 9 months or so.
    (I'm an IT major, graduating in the spring. I'm by no means an expert, but I have studied information security a decent amount. No solution is foolproof, and the best thing you can do is simply be careful).

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Victell
    replied
    Lets update this. What are you guys using now? Need something new. ESET failed me.

    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    I just fucking killed it with a combination of different freeware. Not easy tho. And Im sure I prob deleted some important registry keys lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheEtaUnderdog
    replied
    Originally posted by STAGGERED M3
    Apple

    LOL, you wish. Apple's implementation of security is a joke




    back to the op, av's will only catch the most stupid of shit. if there is a worm or something out there, it will be packed so it won't have the same detectable signature as the av is looking for. run avast, and check with malwarebytes occasionally.

    Or run linux, your call

    Leave a comment:


  • E-Thirty
    replied
    Malwarebytes

    Leave a comment:


  • e30evolution
    replied
    Microsoft security essentials.... Microsoft removed heads from asses and realized if their computers are free from viruses the customers will be happy!

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    avast

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Microsoft Security Essentials.

    Leave a comment:


  • ACMF74
    replied
    best one so far i have used.

    Leave a comment:


  • quickervicar
    replied
    I've had F-Secure for the past couple of years & like it. A-V isn't really something that I can compare head-to-head though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...