I just realized Washington is hella close.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gesucht
    replied
    Originally posted by dnova89
    I'm in San Jose, CA. 8 hour drives are absolutely nothing to me now (LA traffic still pisses me off every time though), so I figure I'd be able to do a 10-15 hour drive, I always had this idea that Washington was somewhere in the middle of the country, but after a random visit to yahoo maps for something, I scrolled up the map a little bit and saw Washington, and my jaw just dropped lol. I'm definitely planning road trips for next year!

    So.... whens a good time of the year to go? I'm thinking Seattle will definitely be one of the places I hit up, are there any big car meets that I should be aware and plan to visit? I should probably spend some time in Oregon on the way too

    discuss
    You need to make sure the guys who answered your question are really born and raised in Seattle, NOT moved to Seattle

    You can tell the difference!

    Leave a comment:


  • Gesucht
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Portland>>>Seattle
    In terms of adult industry.

    Leave a comment:


  • mamzak
    replied
    I love how absolutely classic this example is of American attitude. Not only do they not give a shit about where any other countries are, they can't even find a state in their OWN country.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnova89
    replied
    Originally posted by brandonj1
    How, the fuck, do you think that Seattle is, "hella close", to San jose? its nearly 1000 miles. You could go to Vegas twice.
    I like to drive, so it doesn't seem that bad for me. I go from San Jose to San Diego a few times a year and it's absolutely nothing to me.

    Daniel: There's a difference between being ignorant and being stupid, which makes you the latter!

    mrsleeve: Thanks for the lesson!


    Anyway this thread is getting pretty retarded now, I think I've pretty much got what I wanted out of it, so i'm outta here!
    Last edited by dnova89; 11-16-2010, 06:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandonj1
    replied
    fixed lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    Originally posted by brandonj1
    How, the fuck, do you think that Seattle is, "hella close", to seattle? its nearly 1000 miles. You could go to Vegas twice.
    You've completed my mind fuck of the day.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandonj1
    replied
    How, the fuck, do you think that Seattle is, "hella close", to San jose? its nearly 1000 miles. You could go to Vegas twice.
    Last edited by brandonj1; 11-16-2010, 03:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    Originally posted by nwvb bmw
    I'm not going to wait for some one to pour gas all over the side of my car.
    This. How do they handle disputes about gas on paint?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Yeah I remember on the way to the last picnic getting out at a station in OR and having an attendant try and shoo me away. I was frustrated and asked where the self-serve section was. :p

    Then he explained the law and looked at me funny when I said I wanted my shitbox filled with 91.

    Leave a comment:


  • jhowell
    replied
    Well, let’s hit up Yahoo Maps to find the dopest route. I prefer Map Quest. That’s a good one, too. Google Maps is the best. True that. DOUBLE TRUE!!

    Seriously, you don't know where WA is? Oh snappers. Oh well, stop in Portland (Oregon, it's right between CA & WA). Go to Voodoo donuts and get a bacon maple bar. After, stop by Francisco's food cart near Stark & 3rd for a bomb-ass carnitas burrito. Good times.

    Leave a comment:


  • u3b3rg33k
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Wow Nice too see our public schools are working
    On a related note, I was reading a thread on another forum (not to be named), where someone was asking how to do averages (not with that word though) for an online GED test.

    Leave a comment:


  • 10Toes
    replied
    I have always pumped my own gas in Oregon, I'm not going to wait for some one to pour gas all over the side of my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    damn, that's hilarious. I totally forgot about the OR gas-pumping thang.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by dnova89
    I always had this idea that Washington was somewhere in the middle of the country, but after a random visit to yahoo maps for something, I scrolled up the map a little bit and saw Washington, and my jaw just dropped lol. I'm definitely planning road trips for next year!



    discuss
    Wow Nice too see our public schools are working

    Obviously you are just as ignorant of the how the the unemployment system works as you are your local Geography. Its not an entitlement like welfare, its a privately funded INSURANCE PROGRAM that is ADMINISTRATED BY THE STATE GOVT with in the federal rules.

    Every hour you work you work for less money than you could be paid for your labors, that money is paid into the U/E funds. Your employer also pays a payroll TAX on his total Payroll for the month into the U/E system. When you are laid off and file for benefits, They figure the amount you have paid into the system and the portion of the payroll taxes that have are yours. Then your Employer gets a BILL for the rest of your Benfit amount.

    So if you live in PA your MAX benefit amount is like 14k over the standard 26 week period in a year. Your EMPLOYER and YOURSELF pay all of that in. If you only are for 2 months before getting back to work then the remainder of that money that you dont draw (that you are Entitled to) the state gets to keep. Just think if I get paid that 14k over the course of my employment every year, thats an extra 1000 a month pre taxes.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-16-2010, 11:19 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by dnova89
    but after a random visit to yahoo maps for something, I scrolled up the map a little bit and saw Washington, and my jaw just dropped lol.
    wow, do they not teach states in school anymore? how stupid are you?

    normally i'm not so mean, but how the fuck can you not know where a state is?

    you're excused if you moved here less than a year ago, but i'm guessing you've just been ignorant your whole life.

    Leave a comment:

Working...