I just realized Washington is hella close.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Philo
    replied
    Originally posted by dnova89
    I understand what you're saying but I'd rather someone get paid to pump my gas rather than someone get paid to sit at home and do jack shit. (aka unemployment checks)
    I'll agree on that, but then again, I don't agree much with the current unemployment/welfare system. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    and yet I know motherfuckers dumb enough to get fired for PUMPING GAS wrong

    Andy, remember when Lunchbox got fired for putting gas in a Diesel?

    Leave a comment:


  • u3b3rg33k
    replied
    Originally posted by T Verdier
    Sometimes I fill in for the gas station attendant at my work (Costco) and people are fucking idiots! Yesterday a lady got out of her car lit her cigarette THEN walked away from the pumps.
    Sometimes, just to piss people off, I leave my obviously running e30 running and make a phone call while filling up. I'd smoke too, but I can't be bothered to pay for tobacco.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stevo-iX
    replied
    Originally posted by janderson
    fuck subarus.
    +1

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    2 fun things: watching Californians try and pump their own, then crossing the northern border and watching Oregonians waiting for an attendant...same over there?
    Originally posted by Rennsport
    Fire hazard, environmental hazards, property damage, unemployment etc. Lots of things can happen at gas stations. Only in OR and NJ though.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnova89
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo
    In my view, making a "job" out of pumping gas is a poor economical decision. I would much rather see a society struggle and be forced to become inventive than hand out simple jobs for people who don't want to try.
    I understand what you're saying but I'd rather someone get paid to pump my gas rather than someone get paid to sit at home and do jack shit. (aka unemployment checks)

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo
    I've pumped gas all my life, and watched my parents do it. Not once have I witnessed, or heard of a fire. How is it less environmentally damaging if another person does it? I'd hope they are talking about damage to the car, not the button, 3/4" gas hose, and handle.
    Sometimes I fill in for the gas station attendant at my work (Costco) and people are fucking idiots! Yesterday a lady got out of her car lit her cigarette THEN walked away from the pumps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    In my view, making a "job" out of pumping gas is a poor economical decision. I would much rather see a society struggle and be forced to become inventive than hand out simple jobs for people who don't want to try.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryann
    replied
    Originally posted by e46s54dr
    If it wasn't for Portland, Oregon would just be a waste of space.
    Typical SoCal asshole.

    Leave a comment:


  • turbo325i
    replied
    I thought it was funny that you cannot pump your own gas. My wife lived in Eugene for a while... I love that city...

    Leave a comment:


  • dnova89
    replied
    Yeah it's to create more jobs... pretty smart if you ask me.

    Adding portland to the list

    Leave a comment:


  • Todd Black 88
    replied
    I spoke to someone in the tourist info in one of the coastal towns, and he said the "you can't pump your own gas in Oregan" thing was brought in to reduce unemployment back in the early 80's IIRC

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    As stupid as I think it is, our gas is pretty cheap still. And not having to get out of your car in January when the wind is blowing the rain sideways is pretty awesome.

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    Originally posted by Rennsport
    Fire hazard, environmental hazards, property damage, unemployment etc. Lots of things can happen at gas stations. Only in OR and NJ though.
    I've pumped gas all my life, and watched my parents do it. Not once have I witnessed, or heard of a fire. How is it less environmentally damaging if another person does it? I'd hope they are talking about damage to the car, not the button, 3/4" gas hose, and handle.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rennsport
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo
    You're shitting me, right? What logic is involved in this?
    Fire hazard, environmental hazards, property damage, unemployment etc. Lots of things can happen at gas stations. Only in OR and NJ though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...