No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shot. All of the shots you posted are great, but that one I like the most. Nice work.

I was out tuning the D810 yesterday. A family (I think) of American Kestrels were playing capture the branch behind the house. These guys are about as shy as birds get. I couldn't get within 50 yards of the tree they were fighting over, and they were at the top of the tree. (75+ feet up) These guys are really small. 100% crop at 500mm

I did take the 810 sailing on Saturday. A few pics from the race.

Will
    Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 06-01-2018, 11:18 AM. Reason: added a pic
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

^
      looks like a kestrel and really nice shot of them, Been trying for Kestrels for a long time

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
      Future r3v photog meetup in GNP? lol
      only if I am home, this time of year there is not much opened up yet in the park, and the 4th though labor day I avoid, too many people 2+ million in that time frame, but I know lots of other places to go. ;)
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^
        looks like a kestrel and really nice shot of them, Been trying for Kestrels for a long time

Yep, American Kestrel, and I'm not sure if that is the same bird in all the pics. As I said, there were 3 of them rotating places on that same branch all afternoon long yesterday. They are really shy. As soon as they see you moving anywhere within about 50 yards, off they go.

Will
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

My Kestrels were back. I really have to be impressed by what the D810 can capture with my 200-500 lens.

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

We took a little drive today, kinda forgot where we live.... With all the crap going on in life the last few months we have not been able to much in the way of anything fun so about 60 miles of back country was nice change of pace. Not my best but not bad either

IMG_1739 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_1726 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I do like that you can see all the way out to the mountains in the first picture.

Im going to need to plan for some days off here soon, Crunch time so lots of overtime on the way which is going to eat into weekend photo treks.

Got a reflector disk though, so I'm going to play around with getting portraits of family and friends.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

those far high peaks are the high points in GNP 50 plus miles away the ones a bit closer are the whitefish range.... We were at about 6300' on a different high spot ;)

William Pitt-

Comment

The first weekend in May I made the trek down to Chino for the Planes of Fame Airshow. The Planes of Fame museum is a pretty amazing place as most of their planes do fly, and they have several one of a kinds. This year they had the largest collection of P38 lightnings in recent history, with 5 flyable, but only 3 flew. One was on display, and the most recently restored one simply didn't want to play. They tried to get it to start and it wasn't having it. Still, having 3 P38s was a pretty cool slight to see (and hear.) There were also 2 Grumman F7F Tigercats (I think there are 5 in the world that fly.) The only flyable Consolidated PB4Y Privateer was also on site.

The heat during Saturday's show was just short of unbearable. My brand new shorts changed color (I thought they were just dirty, but after washing they didn't change back to black) With that said, the heat distortion was really hard to work with. Still, I managed to get some cool shots.

For the full album, have a look here.
                  Saturday was blazing hot, Sunday was better. It was a weekend of amazing planes. Well worth the effort to go see the show if you have never gone before.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Me and paps picked out a lens for my moms A6300, way better then her kit lenses:
                    _DSC1999 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                    _DSC2018 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Until the A7III arrives Shes got me beat in picture quality lol.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Really Enjoying your airplane photography on flickr btw Blackbird, you have definitely gotten better lately.
                      willschnitz

Comment

Its been a good run my boy, but you will have to spend some time in cold storage.
                        _DSC0026 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        _DSC0019 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        _DSC0025 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        willschnitz

Comment

Im extremely impressed with the sharpness sonys F1.8 50mm has,

_SRC0124 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Yes I know my m20 looks like garbage lmao, but at F2.8-4 its incredibly sharp. Really makes me happy knowing I'm taking good advantage of the newer sensor, even if I cant buy the 24-105 F4 or 70-200 F4 yet.
                          willschnitz

Comment

_SRC0197 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                            _SRC0284 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                            _SRC0202 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                            _SRC0249 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                            willschnitz

Comment

The A7III was ace for the picnic, definitely going to look into the 24-105 or 70-200 soon.

_SRC0601 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                              _SRC0665 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                              _SRC0694 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                              _SRC0587 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                              _SRC0430 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                              _SRC0420 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                              willschnitz

Comment

Try processing those in black and white. They might turn out awesome. I'd lean a little harsh in the contrast, and pull the exposure back a touch, with darker blacks.

Nice shots.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X