X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expressfish View Post
    I spy san antone river walk ??
    Yup. I was there last Summer.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
      so true. i just recently did a film photoshoot with my girlfriend and loved it. i will be doing more this weekend.

it's expensive to develop them though, $10 for developing + $5 to have them transferred to CD straight from the negatives.
      Originally posted by Moxie View Post
      You are my hero. I miss shooting my old Leica. Don't have the time or chemicals to hand process Tri-X. :(
      It's an old art, but it's kind of what we see in E30's that we don't see in newer cars.
      anyone can press a button on a DSLR. but with only 24 (or 36) photos at your disposal at $5+ a pop to develop, you better make damn sure you really want to take that shot.
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

My first DSLR shots, well several of the ones that weren't random bullcrap from the 400 i have shot so far. I edited them up a little.

Hmm Im in manual mode. Started in manual mode, and will never use auto mwahaha. I need to work on toning down the iso.

All shot on a DSLR with a 18-55 or 55-200 lens

Okay here we go

This is my motorhead friend Chris. The guy with the Alfetta, 2CV, 2 Peugeot 505's. Yeah... haha he just gave me a 1965 "Sports Car" magazine today!

Some rhododendrons... aka "rhodies"

Getting this bird was hard

My brother and I tried real hard to get a shot of the BB coming out of the barrel... couldn't get it to work! I had like a 1/1000 shutter speed and held down the shutter button so it would take photos back to back. Argh I suck

Last edited by 5Toes; 02-02-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier
          Just because its easier to get a pic with the proper exposure doesn't meen you can take a good photograph. Digital is far superior at this point in time than film.
          That doesn't mean anything. Many good digital photographers started with film. Of course due to convenience, digital is superior. But film will always test your ability on finding the best composition possible.

It's kind of like the reason why you and I drive E30 325's and not E46 325's ;)
          Originally posted by TSI
          ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
          OEM+

Comment

Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Dude this hurts....

Originally posted by zebrafantastic View Post
              https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Yes, it does hurt my eyes too.

I hope my pics aren't too bad

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
                  That doesn't mean anything. Many good digital photographers started with film. Of course due to convenience, digital is superior. But film will always test your ability on finding the best composition possible.

It's kind of like the reason why you and I drive E30 325's and not E46 325's ;)
                  Let's stop comparing photography to cars they cannot be compared at all. I agree that you have to think more with film but if your a good photographer you'll take the same care when shooting with your D-SLR
                  Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

I hope my pics aren't too bad
                  that bird one was very nice. But your holding the camera way wrong lol. It's important to hold the camera with your elbows tucked in with one hand on the side grip with finger on the shutter button and the other hand underneath the lens like your cupping someones balls, also your looking out of the wrong eye.

Comment

Im dominant in kidn of both eyes. Like Im dominant normally with my left eye. But Im right handed. Okay Ill work on my "form".

Any tips on when you're trying to get the shot of a bb leaving a barrel? Or a gun's bullet?

Oh and some of those mirror shots, I had to cover the little bright light with my finger, because the camera was getting confused and wouldn't focus. Thats why Im holding it weird in the 2nd set of shots. Haha but the fingers I think in the first set make the shot

EDIT: Im very proud of the very bright picture of my cat. I think it looks good, and the edit only using 15 colors is neat in my opinion.

Comment

Im dominant in kidn of both eyes. Like Im dominant normally with my left eye. But Im right handed. Okay Ill work on my "form".

Any tips on when you're trying to get the shot of a bb leaving a barrel? Or a gun's bullet?

Oh and some of those mirror shots, I had to cover the little bright light with my finger, because the camera was getting confused and wouldn't focus. Thats why Im holding it weird in the 2nd set of shots. Haha but the fingers I think in the first set make the shot

EDIT: Im very proud of the very bright picture of my cat. I think it looks good, and the edit only using 15 colors is neat in my opinion.
                      good luck with that bb gun that's gonna need continuos shot plus a lot of luck. The cat one is nice. Do you like the color temp? Try making that one a Black and white.

How to hold your camera. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I6RJ...e_gdata_player

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Yeah I think the only way to do continuous on this camera is set to the second mode by the shutter button and hold down shutter button to take as many shots as you want.

Color temp? And heres black and white of that shot, wee bit of contrast editing. I desaturated the colors only 85%. BTW I only use gimp

Gallery Link - http://min.us/mvfUAuE#20

Comment

to be able to capture a BB you'll need a very fast shutter speed plus some very fast flashes to "ghost" the BB
                          http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

So yeah you need an external strobe. I dont have any lighting yet. Or rather My Mom and I don't. We are sharing the camera.

I think I was using 1/1000 in that photo.

Comment

Less editing. I believe that good pictures should come out of the camera. Not out of the computer.

Here's some of mine, some of me as well.

Fruit Smashing:

Beach trip with some friends:

This was like a 15 second shutter, I wish I could get rid of the ripple effect.

Old roommate's dog:

Friend's janky e36, I really should do a little more editing. This is making the best of a mediocre picture.

I like long exposures if you haven't noticed.

Just a quick snap shot.

This one probably needs a little more light, but I like it.

Comment

Finally a photography thread on here. Time to whore. haha

I shoot w/ a Canon XSi, getting a 5D soon. Check out my Flickr for tons more.
                                Explore Matt’s 28,490 photos on Flickr!

Lighthouse Apocalypse by izthistaken, on Flickr

Snowno!!! by izthistaken, on Flickr

Snowpocalypse by izthistaken, on Flickr

Hissy Fit by izthistaken, on Flickr

Day 355 'Silence' [Explored] #68 by izthistaken, on Flickr

Warwick Wedding by izthistaken, on Flickr

Josh Welton of Brown Dog Welding by izthistaken, on Flickr
                                -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
                                1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X