No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent. New processing not really sure how I feel on them. Getting better though.

Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Harbor Island San Diego
      Nikon D90

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
      Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
      I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
        Thanks. I like the "blur" of the lights against the wall/ceiling, but a faster shutter/lens would have helped with the it being too "washed out" with light?

I really need a tripod or something cause taking outdoor night pics with a long shutter is hard cause I don't really have steady hands.
        The washed out is just the camera setup I think. Faster lens would have a narrower depth of field keeping the girl in focus but blurring the background. Also faster lens = more light = faster shutter speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
          The washed out is just the camera setup I think. Faster lens would have a narrower depth of field keeping the girl in focus but blurring the background. Also faster lens = more light = faster shutter speeds.
          nope a "faster" lens does not mean more light. you want a bigger aperture (lower f-stop number) to let more light in, and this gives the very sought after professional blurry look (bokeh). the depth of field is less but that's the difference between a point and shoot, which tries to get as much of possible in focus, and more professional cameras where you have more manual control over the whole exposure.
          09/1989 325i 4 Door
          +M30 Swap
          +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

BUT if you were saying that to fix an overexposed shot you need a faster shutter speed you were right.
            09/1989 325i 4 Door
            +M30 Swap
            +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

87e30 - what processing are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                I just dabble in photography as a hobby mostly right now. I did a engagement set for a buddy of mine last fall and I'm shooting my sisters wedding this summer. Any recommendations on a good/ decently cheap zoom lens and a hot shoe flash. I'm shooting a canon xsi also. Feel free to check out my flickr and add me as a contact if you want.
                Equipment:
                xsi and a eos elan 2 film slr
                remote shutter
                canon 50mm f/1.8
                Sigma 10-20mm
                Kit lens 18-55m
                Canon 20-80mm (came with the elan)

that f 1.8 is actually a nice lens as long as you don't mind doing the zooming with your legs. It gives that nice shallow depth of field and bokeh that people expect from a paid photographer. i'd say for now you're good to go :p
                09/1989 325i 4 Door
                +M30 Swap
                +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  87e30 - what processing are you using?
                  multiple exposures manually blended via layers. Obviously not my own idea but something I've seen others do really well.
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Sounds time consuming. And you would have to use a tripod

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                      what do you mean ripple effect?
                      The light coming off the moon, I wanted the moon to be much sharper. You know?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        Sounds time consuming. And you would have to use a tripod
                        yessir. Only way to get that look though - I need much more practice to really demonstrate it well.

Most of the good auto photogs I follow have hours and hours in processing each and every shot.
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I don't have a lot of stuff uploaded for easy hosting. Here's a random mix. All shot Cannon w/ 20D. Sorry about the watermarks, I turned them off a while ago, but smugmug hasn't removed them yet.

Hang Gliding shots I organized of me.

The Clown Shoe

The E30

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Heysüß View Post
                            nope a "faster" lens does not mean more light. you want a bigger aperture (lower f-stop number) to let more light in, and this gives the very sought after professional blurry look (bokeh). the depth of field is less but that's the difference between a point and shoot, which tries to get as much of possible in focus, and more professional cameras where you have more manual control over the whole exposure.
                            Originally posted by Wikipedia
                            Lens speed refers to the maximum aperture diameter, or minimum f-number, of a photographic lens. A lens with a larger maximum aperture (that is, a smaller minimum f-number) is a fast lens because it delivers more light intensity (illuminance) to the focal plane, allowing a faster shutter speed.

Originally posted by Heysüß
                            that f 1.8 is actually a nice lens as long as you don't mind doing the zooming with your legs. It gives that nice shallow depth of field and bokeh that people expect from a paid photographer. i'd say for now you're good to go
                            Also, a 50mm F1.8 is a prime lens, aka no zoom period. That is the reason they are so damn fast.

I love college

Houghton-Hancock lift bridge

Michigan Tech Broomball rink

Buddy of mine playing Broomball

Last edited by KennyT; 02-07-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Fucking asians.
                              Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                                Fucking asians.
                                In this case a 6'1" 190lb asian.

Comment

Working...
                                X