Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      No more leaf springs?...
      Never had leaf springs.

Those who know later Alfa's should be able to pick the change out pretty easily.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

I’m gonna guess a newer 105 axle in a 101 car.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          I’m gonna guess a newer 105 axle in a 101 car.
          Newer LSD 4.1 in a 101. The whole nine yards is 105 rear end, except for the brake backing plates.

In other news, this just popped up. Its just 20 cars newer than mine, I had 1530324, this one is 0344. Mine was the same color and interior.
          Bid for the chance to own a 1969 Alfa Romeo GTV at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,803.

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

[ATTACH]126322[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'm holding an 8 lb aluminum flywheel for a 1750 in my hands... Can you say rev happy? This should be fun.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                i want to know where he gets all that good crystal meth
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

1750 on engine dyno. MSD ignition, 92 gas. Best noise starts at 1:05....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    Newer LSD 4.1 in a 101. The whole nine yards is 105 rear end, except for the brake backing plates.
                    What all did you have to do to convert it? All the trailing arms and mounts are different, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      i want to know where he gets all that good crystal meth
                      I completely don't understand the point of that ad. I see a windshield, door glass, and maybe taillight housings that are salvageable...maybe the block. It's not a Veloce, I don't see the VIN being very valuable for a build-from-scratch project.

Just pull the good parts and list them. $9500...??? Wut?? That might be a fair condition, non-running, roller price.

Comment

"Giuseppe Luraghi, to whom this stretch of road is dedicated, had been the president of Alfa Romeo S.p.A. between 1960 and 1974. He died in 1991... At least he hasn't seen what happened to the place he built." - Matteo Licata

Click image for larger version

Name:	8a3498_2b2ac6ea20e94d069fb40688b1af5d70~mv2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	7200930

"Alfa Romeo is not simply a car manufacturer: its cars are something more than conventional cars. There are many car brands, and Alfa has a special place among them. It's kind of an illness, this passion for a means of transportation. It's a way of life, a very peculiar way to conceive a motorized vehicle.

"It is something that resists definition. Its elements are like those irrational traits of the human spirit that cannot be explained logically. It is about sensations, passion, all things that have more to do with the heart than the brain."

- Orazio Satta Puliga - Alfa Romeo Head of Engineering 1946-1974

"...So the disemboweled, rotting carcass of the plant that built Giulias and Alfettas is the place where the Alfisti can come to mourn the death of Alfa Romeo... At least as a company: it even has an official date: December the 31st, 1986. By the 1st day of 1987, Alfa Romeo as an entity had ceased to exist, its assets concentrated with those of former Lancia in the new company Alfa Lancia Industriale that, in the plans of Fiat Auto chief Vittorio Ghidella, would lead the Italian industry's charge against the best competition at the high-end of the car market. We all know how it went: Ghidella lost his power war inside Fiat with Romiti, and was out by 1989. Alfa Lancia would only last until 1992. Competitors could rest easy.

"The corpse of Arese is the place where one can feel the pain of the broken promises, the waste of opportunities forever lost... And be reminded that even the grandest of human achievement is, in the infinite scheme of things, as short lived and fragile as we are."

- Matteo Licata

Comment

[ATTACH]126435[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126436[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126437[/ATTACH]

Comment

Old Pininfarina show car proposal - they'll never build it.

Name:	AR1.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	7200976

Name:	AR2.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	7200977

Name:	AR3.jpg